Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Now there's an NCAA basketball 09-10 thread!

With conference play beginning, now it's the REAL college basketball season, until the tournament gets running, then that's the real REAL season.

Big T1e1n and Big East have 9 of the top 25 AP teams right now, with 5 from the BE. Youngstown St. made the box scores, as Butler blew them out. :theonlybadpublicityisnopublicity:

Show your pride! Unless your team is having an "off" year, then complain or put down other rival schools!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Big Syracuse fan here....also enjoy Siena and UAlbany since I live in Albany. I freelance working a lot of Siena and UAlbany games on the production crew, usually do camera work which is really enjoyable and I can watch the games for free and in person!

Syracuse is playing very well this season so far. We'll see how well they can do come tourney time.

Siena is also doing their job in the MAAC. Anyone who knows college hoops knows how well they have played in the NCAA tournament the last two years, first demolishing Vanderbilt two years ago and then beating Ohio St. and giving Louisville a run for their money.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

YSU was on cable last night! They lost to Wisconsin-Milwaukee, IIRC, but there were quite a number of empty seats (even near courtside) for the Penguins home game.

Youngstown State? The Penguins??? I thought about getting their hat at Lids.com.

And "Y" would you have passed on that opportunity, DQ? : penguinpower: BTW, YSU is #211 in RPI.

Will we ever have another undefeated NCAA champ again? UK is the only one, and they've had some close ones.

Syracuse is still looking great at 22-1.

Big game coming up in a few weeks with (currently) #2 Villanova at the dome in Syracuse. Sold out already and the largest on-campus game attendance record at 36,616.

Pitt began strong, and even cracked the top-10 in some poll, but they've stumbled since. Hope they can handle The Hall today. Ohio State's been consistent after their hurdles (and Turner's injury). YSU, well. They still have a team.

My bracket is ruined; ruined! The play-in game (as usual, for me) did not go the way I thought. I'm on pace to lose every game.

My picks, in case anyone really cares?
    Sweet 16:
    Kansas/Michigan St., Tennessee/Ohio St.
    Gonzaga/Butler, Pitt/BYU
    Kentucky/Wisconsin, Washington/W. Virginia
    Duke/Siena, Notre Dame/Villanova

Final Four:
    Kansas/Pitt
    Kentucky/Duke

As a homer, Pitt over Kentucky. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

As hard as I tried, I couldn't sway away from mostly chalk. I've got Kansas, Kentucky, Kansas St., and Duke in the final four. The hardest games the number 1 seeds Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke will play are in the elite 8.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-