Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The 3rd Annual 2010 Academy Awards Movie Challenge!

Welcome to the Third Annual (2010) SirStevesGuide Academy Awards Movie Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!!!

This challenge will begin February 7th @ 12:00am and will end March 7th @ 11:59 pm.

Here is a link to the first (2008) challenge.
    Here is a link to last year's (2009) challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any movie or short that was nominated or won an Academy Award between the designated time frame (Feb. 7th - March 7th) and post your results here; with each entry listed in numerical order, including the day watched and the movie's title. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, the nominations/wins it received, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are very straight forward; that the movie or short was (or is) nominated for or won an Academy Award (in any category).

Example List:

February 7th

1. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    Won: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writing
    Nominated: Best Film Editing, Best Sound
    2. Alien (1979)
    Won: Best Effects (Visual)
    Nominated: Best Art Direction-Set Decoration

February 8th
    3. Aliens (1986)
    Won: Best Effects (Sound), Best Effects (Visual)
    Nominated: Best Actress, Best Editing, Best Music (Original Score), Best Sound, Best Art Direction-Set Decoration

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on Feb. 7th (@ 12:00am) and will run through March 7th. Any movie started before 11:59 pm on March 7th, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I sucked it up last year, watching a piddly 12 titles, but vow to do much better this year! I actually have a week off of work in Feb. so I plan to watch a bunch of movies then.

I am really looking forward to this one, and I hope you all are too!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I have a furlough week in Feb. so maybe I can knock out a few more this year.

Sweet! I'm sure I can knock out more than I did last year, but I know the Olympics will affect my total.

The Olympics would probably inspire to watch MORE movies...instead of watching The Olympics.

j/k, enjoy sir !

Just to remind everyone, the challenge has now begun. I haven't watched anything yet, because of the Super Bowl and what not, but I'll start tomorrow! Can't wait! Thinking of starting off with a LOTR Marathon...

February 8th
    01. No Country for Old Men (2007) [Blu-ray]
    Won: Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Writing
    Nominated: Cinematography, Editing, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing

Started with the same one as last year. I will do the LOTR marathon at some point though, probably this week.

Love me some No Country for Old Men!!!

February 8th
    02. Bolt (2008) [Blu-ray]
    Won: N/A
    Nominated: Animated Feature Film

First time viewing. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Looked awesome! Those pigeons were hysterical.

February 8th

February 9th
    03. Blazing Saddles (1974) [HD-DVD]
    Nominated: Supporting Actress, Music (Original Song), Film Editing

Great movie!

February 8th

February 9th
    03. Blazing Saddles (1974) [HD-DVD]
    Nominated: Supporting Actress, Music (Original Song), Film Editing

February 10th
    04. The Matrix (1999) [HD-DVD]
    Won: Editing, Sound, Sound Effects Editing, Visual Effects
    Nominated: N/A

Best of the bunch. Great flick!