Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Evolutions Sets

Just got back from the 24 hour Wal Mart a lil bit outta town. Found some coo thangs, not exactly what I wanted, but it's coo.

I was hoping to finally find the Sith Evolutions, that I passed on many times, before I realized how much I wanted it. Anyhow what I did find though was the Sith Evolutions from Force Unnleashed with the Secret Apprentice, some Sith Lord(Looks very sicc), and soome Jedi Knight. Nice set but there are others I'd rather have. I hope it's not some special rarity.

What I saw that I did like though was the Jedi Legacy(Qui-Gon Jinn, Bultar Swan, Luke Skywalker), Rebel Pilot Legacy(Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, and Ten Numb). Then there was the Imperial Pilot Legacy(Clone Trooper Pilot, Can't remember, heh heh, and then Biggs Darklighter in a black tie fighter suit. The Biggs Darklighter looked pretty dope if you ask me.

Anyhow I ended up getting the Jedi Legacy and Rebel Pilot Legacy. I saw a few people asking and wanting the Rebel Pilot, so I thought I might try and trade or sell it. I actually had 2 Jedi Legacy's in my hand. Even though I was going to open one I was being picky because the box was ripped. Some times I think I'm crazy.

I actually only just last night got that Rebel Pilots Legacy set you mentioned. It's probably the most satisfying Evolutions set I've purchased, as I like all three figures a lot, instead of just 2 out of 3.

Anyway, I was wondering about the Wes Janson figure. Is it entirely new? I do not recognize the torso sculpt from any other figure. It is really stellar and I hope they reuse it for other Snowspeeder pilots (Dack & Luke, mainly).

By the way, if anyone else here gets the set: Ten Nunb comes with 2 separate air hoses, packed in the accessories tray. I was at a loss as to where they fit on him, since his body only has 3 plug-ins for them. (There are no instructions.) But the image on the back of the box pretty much illustrates where they go -- the fourth plug-in is at the base of Ten's helmet! Very cool and clever of Hasbro's sculptors, and the result is a very detailed, very poseable figure.

All in all, I highly recommed this set. I have not seen the other Rebel Pilots set on shelves yet, but I am really not that interested in it. Looks like they used the same basic molds as Set I, but with different heads. (As Jargo said in another post, "milky, milky, milky!"

I received the repack Fett Legacy, jedi legacy and the 2 Rebel pilot evolutions sets the other day.

All excellent sets, its probably easier and quicker to point out the few slight flaws -

The Fett helmets are too small, I'm thinking of swapping jango's head for the old saga arena (flamethrowing) figure that was attached by magnet. Likewise boba fett's head for that of a spare 300th Boba - and will likewise try to incorporate a magnet so as to retain 'articulation'. Really love the ESB paintjob on boba - looks much better than the VOTC figure. Though I have no particular use for the mandalore it is a cool figure also.

The jedi set is 3 out of 3 for me. I only wonder why Qui-gon is so pale but other than that he's cool, typically crap softgoods robe notwithstanding. Bultar is great and the Luke is, again of no particular use to me, but nevertheless a well done figure - even the headsculpt is decent and one of the least offensive ball-joint necks I've ever seen.

Far as I can tell the rebel pilots sets provide us with 3 new body sculpts which get reused between the sets - with different heads, paintjobs and helmets making the difference. And they are excellent figures - my only complaint is that the B-wing guys ten Numb and the redsuit guy have their necks too long. Some neck stalk shaving shall be in order. I'm delighted to finally get some dedicated snowspeeder pilots - lets hope their number gets increased. I'd like to see Luke being slightly shorter but I doubt they'll do another new sculpt.

i picked up all the new evo sets at MM and the day after and have to say i really like them.

the 2 Rebel Pilots sets are great and make excellent additions to my pilot army,plus the addition of female pilots is always a plus.

the Imperial Pilots set is another great set, love the Biggs (except for the helmet) and the 2 Clone pilots are a great addition as well, (big fan of multi-colored clones etc...the more the merrier).

Padme was hit or miss for me the ROTS Padme doesn't seem to want to stand for me and the hood for AOTC Padme really doesn't work for me.

the Jedi Legacy set, another great set, love the figures, the sculpts everything, just really wish they had some more accessories like hilts, cloaks, maybe Luke's shorto saber.

the Fett Legacy is just plain awesome, again would love to see more accessories.

the Sith Legacy was cool, Bane, Maul and Nihulus were great choices, again same thing with the Jedi Legacy sets they need to include the hilts with these figures

the Force Unleashed set was amazing and really makes me want to play the game today. i especially love the Sith Lord figure with all the lightsabers hilts on the belt, (just wish they were seperate pieces and not molded to the belt)

i just hope Hasbro continues the evo line and continues to pump out some really great figures for years to come.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I purchased all of the Evo sets just released except the Secret Apprentice, Imperial Pilots and Padme sets. I may yet get the Padme set tho.

The Jedi Legacy set (which I purchased months ago as part of the 30th ann. collection) was overall a great set, and probably contained the characters I was most interested in owning out of all the other sets. My only gripes with this one were Qui-Gon's pale complextion, too long neck and Bultar's sloppy face paint and less-than-movie-accurate coloring on her outfit. The Luke was pretty disposable, but is a great figure and hopefully not the last NJO figure we'll see.

The Legacy of the Sith set contained characters I never thought I'd see in plastic a few years ago. Nihilius wasn't a character I was familiar with, but he's an awesome concept and an even better figure. Very well executed overall. Bane was a character I was somewhat more familiar with, and his figure captures his look well. Even if he looks more like a Marvel supervillain than something from star wars. Maul was the real draw of this set for me, and I have little doubt we may see him single carded someday. His torso joint works well but looks a little odd. Once you get past that he's probably the best of the three. I bought this set with the Jedi set months ago, and this set is the better of the two overall.

Rebel Pilots 1 and 2 I bought really for one character in each. So I spent 15 dollars each for really just two figures. Oh well. All the figures in both sets are great though, and if your really into Rebel pilots these sets are obviously made just for you. Dorovio Bold, from what I understand, was a character cut from ROTJ. Feel free to set me straight on that if I'm wrong. Regardless her figure is nicely done, super articulated, good face sculpt and she's got some feminine looking stuff on her helmet which to be honest I think detracts from the look of the figure some. She shares her body sculpt with Cesi Eiriss (sp?) from set 2. Ten Numb was the real reason I bought set 1 and his figure turned out amazing. My only gripes are that his one hose doesnt stay in the hole on the left side of his body well, and that his neck looks too long without his helmet on.
    The reason I bought set 2 was because I couldn't resist a Twi'lek rebel pilot. I actually thought she was male before I bought the set so I was suprised when I saw the package. She is a pretty good figure, but her head tail looks a little strange the way its wrapped around her neck. The rest of the pilots were great figures, but to me pretty disposable. I don't have a fleet of vehicles for them all to pilot so they serve little purpose other than sitting in a drawer. All the characters from the first set share their body sculpts with the characters from set 2.

The Fett legacy was a great set as well. I read reports of Jango's jumpsuit being an ugly lavender color, and it is somewhat, but it's not that noticeable. I love the Boba figure. Very well done. I like the hood they have him wearing under his helmet. One gripe I have is that his rocketpack doesn't stay on well like Jango's does. The Mandalore figure was a great inclusion, and one that may never have happened if not for a set like this. All the figures are well designed and great to look at on display. I can see the kids liking this set best out of all the ones released thus far. Jango is probably the best figure in this set, and was definitely the most in need of an update. Save for maybe Qui-Gon. I will probably never intentionally buy another Fett figure again after this set. I can't see Hasbro improving on these two any more in a way that will make me want to buy them again. But they probably will.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    Rebel Pilots 1 and 2 I bought really for one character in each. So I spent 15 dollars each for really just two figures. Oh well.
    Are these sets only $15 each?? I don't think I've ever seen any evo set at retail over here (apart from overpriced speciality shops), but I can usually get them online for around 20 each. I only wanted two figures from the second rebel pilots set, and one from the imperials set, so I got them from ebay for $12 each, which, with shipping, worked out about the same as one set for me.

None of them excite me too much, though I really like Ten Numb (we badly need Nien Nunb to the same standard), and the red B-Wing pilot is a nice figure. The snowspeeder pilots are ok, but their helmets are too big and have trouble staying in place. The face on my Wes was sloppily painted (faces painted with flesh tones is one of my pet hates, and seems to be getting more frequent in the SW line), and the other guy has a big adams apple which restricts head movement, so he is permantly looking up. Also, I would've preferred Dak to this guy.

I didn't get the twi-lek pilot.... I love aliens, but am sick of female twi-leks, so an EU one was an easy pass. And the only one I wanted from the imperials set was the ROTS pilot, but this disappointed... again, sloppy face paint, his shoulder joints are loose and floppy, and the chest plate is moulded in orange plastic, which still shows through the white paint. So not the upgraded figure I was hoping for.

I also got the Padme set (I got the Jedi, Fett and Sith sets some time ago, so don't consider these as new) - again, not very exciting, I just find her to be a really boring character, but the figures are nice enough. I reckon the AOTC one looks better with the cowl on, and I've displayed her with my sandstorm figures, which works pretty well IMO.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Actually, I have a question for those who bought the Imperial pilots legacy set. Is the box on the front of Biggs removeable? The only reason I would buy this set was if I could swap his stupid helmet for one from the Barron Fel 2-pack so that he actually looked like a TIE pilot.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

So did anyone else see the Foce Unleased set with the Secret Apprectice, Jedi Knight and Sith Lord. I like it a lot, but I'd rather get actual movie characters before video game. I was told by someone though that all these video game figures are the rarest, and will end up being the most "collectible." Because they are first time releases. I hate how I have to buy one to keep in the box and one to open. Burnin holes in my pocket, heh heh.

Although I did finally find 1 Sith Legacy with the Maul, Bane and Nihlus. I had to get it at KB, but I was doing a return. I'm ****ed because they didn't have 2, so I have to wait to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    Anyhow what I did find though was the Sith Evolutions from Force Unnleashed with the Secret Apprentice, some Sith Lord(Looks very sicc), and soome Jedi Knight.
    From what I understand all three characters in TFU set are the secret apprentice. As he appears in the beginning and as he ends up (either Sith or Jedi) depending on how you play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    So did anyone else see the Foce Unleased set with the Secret Apprectice, Jedi Knight and Sith Lord. I like it a lot, but I'd rather get actual movie characters before video game. I was told by someone though that all these video game figures are the rarest, and will end up being the most "collectible." Because they are first time releases.
    I doubt it will be more valuable. Shadows of the Empire stuff is valuable now in some cases, but the way some of TFU characters are sitting on pegs leads me to believe that these figs won't have some extra special value. In the long run the MCQuarrie figs will be way more sought after.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Actually, I have a question for those who bought the Imperial pilots legacy set. Is the box on the front of Biggs removeable? The only reason I would buy this set was if I could swap his stupid helmet for one from the Barron Fel 2-pack so that he actually looked like a TIE pilot.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Yes, it's completely removable just like the Baron Fel figure.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I bought 2 of these the week before the street date and I only bought them for the Phase 1 clone pilot deco. The Biggs figures went directly into my scrap figure bin that I use for customizing. I kept the pistols, though. Those are cool.[/FONT]