New Pics: I like that we got young Owen and Beru, now we need Cliegg Lars very badly!

As I'm continuing to organize my collection, I was finally able to add Owen and Beru to my AOTC Tatooine Curio cases.

I bought 3 of each of these two characters.

The scenes they fit in are attached:

Anakin borrows Owen's speederbike and leaves on a mission to find his mom.

Shmi's funeral service.

The case also includes Anakin's initial search for his mom at Watto's.

His discovery of her being held prisoner by the Tusken Raiders.

The ensuing slaughter of the Sandpeople tribe.

And finally, a scene that would be aboard-ship on Padme's starcruiser, when he and Padme make the decision to "go follow Obi-Wan on some damn fool's idealistic crusade." (The rescue of his Jedi Master on Geonosis, I still presume this refers to.)

Here's the pics. I'd buy 2 Cliegg Lars figures to fit into the scenes where I can use him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001637.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	22461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001617a.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	22462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001636.jpg 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	22463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001618.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	22464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001617.jpg 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	22465  

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Cliegg Lars with detachable leg.
    May the force be with you.

I forgot I had this close-up of Anakin's Tusken Raider slaughter.

I also plan to build or buy a Tusken hut, somehow cut away so you can see Anakin rescuing Shmi, but so it doesn't look like he's doing it immediately behind the Tusken guards' backs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0115001636a.jpg 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	22475  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    You need the 2003 Saga Tusken that has the removable head. It's just connected with a magnet.
    Actually I have the figure, but except for its stand, I think it's in such an iconic pose from "A New Hope," that this is the raider I want to use as the one which attacks Luke in my OT scenes. Sorry, but AOTC won't get him.

But when I find that Tusken, I could always take away his stand with the campfire, and add it in to this display with Anakin.

I'm glad to see you're having fun with figures Tycho. You usually don't remove them from their packages because you're waiting for something more permanent to happen.

That said, seeing these figures in those curio cabinets makes me sad. The reason they work so well in curio cabinets is because figures like Owen & Beru & Watto with hat & Padme Tatooine are curios. Those figures are not significantly different from an old lady's collection of porcelain cherubs or decorative thimbles. Most figures from the OT or even Clone Wars have principle value as action figures, playthings, and when we collectors buy them it spurs both our imaginations of what we could do with them for display and how we as kids could enjoy playing with them. But the prequels are full of far too many moments of people standing around talking or merely even just "being" rather than "doing". Does anybody here honestly believe there is a single kid in the whole world who has ever shown even the slightest interest in playing with young Owen Lars, poverty Watto, or Beru Whitesun? No, those figures are meant to be consumed merely by sitting in a display such as a curio cabinet-type setting being largely ignored after initial set-up, whether that be carded or posed. And the idea that the future of the realistic line sits largely in the hands of those curio cabinet figures is disheartening.

Diatribe over.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm glad to see you're having fun with figures Tycho. You usually don't remove them from their packages because you're waiting for something more permanent to happen.
    I'm going to be setting up all my Curios to test-set scenes and see how many more Curios I need to purchase. I do have a lot of figures open - their cards still sealed on one side, so they open like books and I can remove what I need, then store the rest of their accessories, or re-card them for safe-keeping until the time when I need them.

I may also have my large display cases moved to my apartment, so I can make some bigger scenes and test-set those. However, I probably should wait on that and have the custom ones made and delivered here so I can fit the Republic Gunships.

That said, seeing these figures in those curio cabinets makes me sad. The reason they work so well in curio cabinets is because figures like Owen & Beru & Watto with hat & Padme Tatooine are curios. Those figures are not significantly different from an old lady's collection of porcelain cherubs or decorative thimbles. Most figures from the OT or even Clone Wars have principle value as action figures, playthings, and when we collectors buy them it spurs both our imaginations of what we could do with them for display and how we as kids could enjoy playing with them. But the prequels are full of far too many moments of people standing around talking or merely even just "being" rather than "doing".
    Not really as a response to this, but coincidentally, the next Curios I'm setting up are the lightsaber duels from the end of AOTC. There's plenty of action going on there and the displays don't need anything larger than a Curio to contain them.

But while we're addressing Old Ladies' collections, I still don't have Jocasta Nu to display in a Curio cabinet!

I've bought the Disneyland Padawan figures, too. And I'm going to make miniature Fun With Phonics books for each of them to hold while Jocasta Nu reads to them while 501st Clone Troopers sneak up behind them, then shout "Drop those books! Blast them!"

I don't believe this will be cooler than my Baskin-Robbins diorama with my army of Ice Cream Maker Guys, though. I think I will buy the new Malakali figure after all. I can get his BAD part and place him with Porkins in the Most-Valuable-Customer seating.

Does anybody here honestly believe there is a single kid in the whole world who has ever shown even the slightest interest in playing with young Owen Lars, poverty Watto, or Beru Whitesun? No, those figures are meant to be consumed merely by sitting in a display such as a curio cabinet-type setting being largely ignored after initial set-up,
    Setting them up is HOW I play with my figures, JT. By the way, kids are not the only ones buying SW figures. Other people have other reasons to be interested in them - like me. Besides, I like to sniff the new plastic when I first open them. You know that. BTW: There hasn't been anything really remarkable lately, or I would have posted about that.

And the idea that the future of the realistic line sits largely in the hands of those curio cabinet figures is disheartening.
    To you. I think Funeral Pyre Vader is going to fit just fine in one of my Curio cabinets.

BTW, for those of you who are reading this and don't know, I buy the ships and set up large battles with armies of troops in bigger display cases. There just simply isn't a reason to make any larger displays of the scenes that fit in Curios - which include some lightsaber duels.