Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy Senator Amidala's Flying Wing From AOTC?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Senator Amidala's Flying Wing From AOTC).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Senator Amidala's Flying Wing From AOTC?

This ship would be big when assembled, but I can imagine it being packed in a box the size of the Naboo Queen's Royal Starship. You add the wings on after you open the box.

The interior would be very similar to the Naboo Royal Starship, but the boarding ramp would come down in the back. Two astromech stations might hold droids inside. The ship could have the astrodroid elevator as a play feature, so long as it's disguised.

The ship might be very flat and doesn't have to feature the slide-out section so there are two levels, above and below the flight seats. With the extended wings, I fear that could make the already wide ship unmanageable (but feel free to add your thoughts). The cockpit seating would be about the same, but be deep enough in the ship for a non-softgoods, non-SA Corde figure to stand inside the cruiser. Joined by standing Naboo Royal Guards and Security Officers and soldiers and handmaidens.

The wings might "launch off" by springs to simulate the explosion. The N-1 fighters should definitely be re-released at the same time this is sold, as well as re-releases for Padme Pilot and Captain Typho Pilot, and Typho's green astromech.

The ship does not need electronics, but the explosion sound could be cool with that "stormtrooper scream voice-track" they've been using since ANH and the guy took a dive in the Death Star when Luke shot him.

There will be no "EU craft" that somehow launches out of the larger ship.

This vehicle was destroyed before the Clone Wars, so there will be no more of it to be seen.

Corde might be an exclusive figure added into this box to help sales.

Do you want this made?

What pricepoint do you see it being issued at?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The ship we see briefly in the beginning of the film? It's a cool design, but A) she's not even on board, and B) it gets destroyed before doing anything of note.

No.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Despite being my favorite of Amidala's vehicles it's a no go. It gets hardly any screen time and won't be seen anywhere else. Too bad really, I'd rather have seen her tootle around the galaxy on this bad boy than any of her flying football shaped craft but I guess this one was too big to work within the plot of AOTC.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Besides it being a loaner from the current Queen of Naboo and not Amidala's (details), again Hasbro never getting the chrome/finish right, unless it comes with it's own explosives kit that actually shoots fire and singes eyebrows, I have to pass.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

It's a nice design, but no. Even if by some miracle it was made the same size as the Ep1 Queen's Starship AND Hasbro managed to chrome over the entire toy AND it only cost $100, it would still rot on the shelves and completely doom the entire large vehicle line.

Pass, unless they do it in the 30 dollar range ala the Sith Infiltrator. Just have a slide-out cockpit that holds 1 figure.I think I would get it then.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I even skipped the titanium one. No, I wouldn't even consider buying this.

Nope. I think BigB had a great point in the other thread: Padme should've had the same ship through all three movies, instead of three or four similar but different ships.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd be far more interested in this one than the one she has in AotC. I'd almost certainly get this one.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06