Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Revenge of the McDonalds toys

well, it's certainly a far cry from Titanium or F-toys, but at least it's something...

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collec...s20100128.html

Ross
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Could a mod move this somewhere else? I only saw it because of the link on the SSG homepage.

Anyway, I always like the restaurant premiums. These don't look like spectacular products, but half the fun is in getting them.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Anyway, I always like the restaurant premiums. These don't look like spectacular products, but half the fun is in getting them.
    I might try to get this 8 toy set using my trick to get all of them at once, like I did to get the 18 toy set from 2008.

I imagine some people already have these 8 McDonald's toys from importing though. In 2008 when we got the 18 bobblehead/vehicle toys at McDonald's in the US for the Clone Wars movie, this set of 8 toys is what most of the Asian McDonald's (China, Malaysia, etc.) got. Taiwan was an oddball exception. They got 6 toys total (3 were from the US set and 3 were from the Asian set).

There is also another completely different set of 8 toys that was available at most European McDonald's (UK, Hungary, etc.) at the same time.

Edit 1: I just got done adding these toys to the CollectionStation website and I notified SirSteve about the new McDonald's set. The link provided should take you to the toys once Steve approves the category and it becomes public.

Edit 2: Apparently there was also a Star Wars McDonald's toy promotion in late December 2009 in the UK. I'll do some research on it and have those up on CollectionStation soon as well.

Edit 3: The UK toys are now also on CollectionStation. Once Steve makes it public it'll be viewable by that link.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	22489  
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 02-03-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Those ship launchers look almost like the ones from BK a couple of years ago. Different key, same molds?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Paging LM! I knew you'd be excited
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Thanks for the link, Ross.

The gunship looks ok, but I'm not too enthused about the rest.

They're different than the proto ones that we saw earlier, too... wonder if they're from BK or made for Asia, as folks have speculated.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...69&postcount=1
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hiatus View Post
    Thanks for the link, Ross.

The gunship looks ok, but I'm not too enthused about the rest.

They're different than the proto ones that we saw earlier, too... wonder if they're from BK or made for Asia, as folks have speculated.

no sweat...glad to help out...and i agree with you regarding your assessment...i'll prolly try to grab a few gunships for myself and my son (they're his favorite sw ship) but unless they look much better in person, i'll prolly pass on the rest

Ross
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hiatus View Post

No speculation about these 2010 US McDonald's Star Wars toys, we've seen them before. Aside from having a plastic clip (instead of a rope string), they are the same exact toys that Asia McDonald's got in the 2008 Clone Wars promo when the US McDonald's had those SW bobble-head vehicles. Those Hasbro prototypes are something completely different.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

A minor update to note, though it doesn't effect things much. Appears there are actually 16 toys total in this upcoming promotion, though only the 8 toys we saw from the SW website are actually Star Wars related. The other 8 toys from this promo are Nickelodeon iCarly toys. Its one of those half boy/half girl promos that McDonald's tends to do on a regular basis.

Like I said, doesn't change much for anyone who wants to collect these SW toys. Just something to be aware of so you don't accidentally end up with an iCarly toy.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 02-11-2010 at 05:46 AM.

I will go inside and throw an I carly toy at someone if they give me one after I say "it's for a boy". To many times i have gotten home and my son tells me they gave him a girl toy. I will have to check the bags every time for this. My boys give me all their doubles of the burger toys that are Star Wars. And they know they eat there just about every night during these great times....... Ok maybe I wont throw it, but dammit they will check the bags everytime someone says "boy" after I leave.