Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Quiz

Smile My Mistake!

Darth Cruel you got them ALL right!! As did you BenQuad. I will be posting the results on my site today socheck back at about 4:00 or so. And I will also have a sudden death question for Darth Cruel and BenQuad. You both will have 48 hours to answer.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

MY MISTAKE AGAIN!!!

JT and BigBarada, you both got all of them right to! So you will be in the sudden death thing to.

I should have checked in earlier. The worst part was, I knew this one just like the others, it was typed before I had a chance to say it out loud.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

tie breaker #2

That is right JT, Bigbarada, BenQuad, and Darth Cruel will have a tie breaker #2 . So stop by.

The answers to my quiz:

1. Alan Dean Foster (he also wrote Splinter of the Mind's Eye)
    2. 5
    3. gutting the TaunTaun
    4. Richard Marquand-Director, Robert Watts-Producer
    5. He was the Naboo pilot whose ship blew up over the Trade Federation Battleship (in real life he was one of the ILM visual effects supervisors and also wrote Adobe Photoshop, with his brother.)
    6. Deak Starkiller (Luke Starkiller and Anakin Starkiller were also mentioned, depends on the source)
    7. carpenter
    8. Graflex brand flashtube
    9. Klaatu-Ken Ralston, Barada-Dave Carson, Nikto-Phil Tippet
    10. body-double for Terence Stamp (Chancellor Valorum)

Anybody ready for round 2? I'll try to make them a little more difficult.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 09-03-2001 at 11:20 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I thought these "Sudden Death" rounds were for whomever answered first, but apparently not.

Oh well, I answered.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey Grif, I answered your second tie-breaker question but then realized that I never answered your first tie-breaker. Someone must have answered for me. I knew the answer but probably should be disqualified.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Smile Good idea!

Ya know JT that was a pretty good idea you had. I will have a third and last Tie Breaker question. This will be for JT, BenQuad , BigBarada, and Darth Cruel. It starts at 5:30 eastern time so get there and if you are the first one to get the right answer than you win. I WILL NOT EXCEPT ANSWERS BEFORE 5:30! And Bigbarada, I will still let you be in it because it was not your fault.
    Last edited by Grif; 09-05-2001 at 04:41 PM.

Awww, Man!!

I was at the park with my son and got here 6 1/2 hours late! Oh, well. I do agree with the first-one-to-answer-rule so I won't complain.

I'm ready for round two!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Um... oh man, It's 9:22am EST now, right? It's not 3:22am EST is it?

(that's what my brain was saying about a nanosecond after I submitted my answer, which I wasn't that confident in to begin with thanks to it being EU. Darn me and my inability to accept non-canon Star Wars stuff!!!! It was only after I submitted this very post that I realized that Grif meant 5:30pm EST yesterday.)