Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation The People vs George Lucas

Hello everyone!

THIS IS THE NEWS YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

Many of you will have heard of 'The People vs George Lucas', the feature documentary that aims to look into Star Wars fans feelings and perceptions of one of the most powerful producers in the industry, Mr G. Lucas. A mere mortal who once could do no wrong (ignoring Howard the Duck granted), has in recent years been mauled by many members of his once feverant fanbase, and yet equally there are those who are forever faithful, seemingly no matter how many 'special edition' revisioned boxsets are released. Neither in favour of Lucas, or directly against him 'The People vs George Lucas', asked why?

Well, we're extremely proud to announce that after 2 1/2 years of intense production, 63,686 frequent flier miles, 634 hours of footage, 14TB of drive space, 126 interviews, 719 fan submissions, and countless white nights, THE PEOPLE vs. GEORGE LUCAS will finally world premiere, fresh off the editing press, at the prestigious South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Festival in Austin, Texas (March 12th to March 21st 2010)! And if that's not good enough for you, they included our film in their prestigious Spotlight Premiere section, alongside the latest releases from Steven Soderbergh, Michel Gondry, Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Shane Meadows! We're truly humbled.

Interested? If so, go check out our new website. You'll see some changes there, including a brand-new navigation page, which will give you access to our new pre-release trailer.

Our brand-new official poster is also available for download under our Press Kit tab, where you'll also find a folder of stills and sketches from the film there. So please tell your friends, blog about us, mention us in forums, join us on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.

We hope to see many of you in Austin next month, of course. Be sure to check the SXSW website for updates on screenings, how to purchase tickets, etc. And if Austin's a little too far, far away for you, please be patient with us. Have movie. Will travel.

Thanks to all!! This movie, truly, is for you!

"The Prequels sucked!"
    "George Lucas raped my childhood!"
    "Jar Jar is the worst thing ever!"

Boo-hoo.
    It's been 11 years - Change the f*cking record.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    "The Prequels sucked!"

Boo-hoo.
    It's too late for their mommy's to hug them, so I suggest therapy, that is if they have a health plan.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I suggest therapy, that is if they have a health plan.
    My health plan doesn't include therapy, that's because I am on the men's plan!
    May the force be with you.

"The Prequels sucked!"

Boo-hoo.
    True dat RB!

"The Prequels sucked!"

Boo-hoo.
    Word. Especially since the Prequels were awesome. Better than the OT.

You'd think people who grew up into cranky jaded adults would also grow up and quit whining about it.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I thought about submitting a pro-Lucas thing into this movie, but I never got around to it and now I'm not sure I even want to see it. I know my opinions and I know why other people have theirs. I'm not sure I need to rehash it again.

First, I'll say this is definitely an interesting premise...clearly there has been division in the ranks of SW fandom over the years. So on that note, I find this interesting.

Second, I'll echo what several of you have already said here - there can't be anything involved in this picture that hasn't been disected within the media (especially the internet ) over the last 13+ years (yeah TPM was in 1999 but the OT tweaks started getting coverage in 1996) so it will be a complete rehash for me.

The only reason I would feel compelled to watch this is if George Lucas himself was interviewed in depth to give his exact reasons for doing many of the things that ticked people off).

Just for the record, I am not writing this as pro-Lucas or anti-Lucas. Nor am I pro-prequels or anti-prequels. I am a fan of both trilogies and I find a lot to like in both of them.

Thanks 2-1B, we appreciate your lack of bias, indeed negativity nor positivity; similarly it is the aim of PvsG to facilitate an uneuqally biased debate - some will be in favour and some against Lucas' moves and motives, the final 'result' will be seen in the final cut.

The director feels he can add something to the (as noted by yourself) already lengthy debate and is an issue that would benefit from some nice doco grounding after the many years of forum debate, i.e. arguments for and against set up nice and clearly. So hopefully the finished will do just that )

Thanks again,

PvsG team

Quote Originally Posted by phil3000 View Post
    Thanks 2-1B, we appreciate your lack of bias, indeed negativity nor positivity; similarly it is the aim of PvsG to facilitate an uneuqally biased debate - some will be in favour and some against Lucas' moves and motives, the final 'result' will be seen in the final cut.
    The director feels he can add something to the (as noted by yourself) already lengthy debate and is an issue that would benefit from some nice doco grounding after the many years of forum debate, i.e. arguments for and against set up nice and clearly. So hopefully the finished will do just that )
    And I hope it does, but based on the past 11 years, I can't help but be skeptical. Again this may be based on the past 11 years, but to me the trailers feel slanted; they felt like this is going to turn into a Lucas bash-fest with the same weak, over repeated arguments coming from the haters.

I'm not trying to start another debate here, but I just don't see why these haters can't just let it go. There are people out there that claim to hate the Prequels, yet continue to buy Prequel based movie tickets, toys, books, comics, DVDs, video games, etc. Its so very simple - if you don't like it, don't support it. Speak with your wallet.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can bring anything new to the table. This argument has been beaten to death, then beaten some more.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!