Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The 2010 Winter Olympics

Can't wait for the games to begin in Vancouver Friday night.

Plan on having a few family members to enjoy the Opening Ceremonies in HD and have some good food. It's going to be a challenge for these ceremonies to top the ones in Beijing, not that I think they're going to be trying to do it, but should be interesting.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I wish they would move this to a different network, so it wouldn't interupt good programming.

Are these the Olympics we finally get moving human targets in the biathlon?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'd have loved to go, being that I may never get to see an Olympics in person, and I have yet to make it to Vancouver (both are dreams of mine), but it doesn't fit my schedule for several reasons.

Go, Stephen Colbert Presents Tek Jansen's Superfast Speedskating Force!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ice hockey is the only thing I care to see.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Ice hockey is the only thing I care to see.
    Same here. However, I like the speed skating and down hill skiing events as well. I guess I have a need for speed. I also like biathlon (I guess LBC watches the ghetto version ).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm in for all of it....my favorites being....Ski Jumping, Skeleton, Luge, Bobsled.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Same here. However, I like the speed skating and down hill skiing events as well. I guess I have a need for speed. I also like biathlon (I guess LBC watches the ghetto version ).
    TeeEye knows that the biathlon simply isn't worth watching unless the shooters can hunt the most dangerous game of all. But I'll settle for rabbits or coons instead.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I went to a few hockey games when the Olympics were here in Salt Lake in 2002. They were a lot of fun. The first game I went to was Belarus vs Finland. I don't think Belarus had any NHL players, but I could be wrong. The Finns dominated the game I think it was like 8 to nothing or something. I also went to see the Czech Republic vs Sweden. My ancestors are from the Czech Republic so we went and cheered for Jaromir Jagr, Dominic Hasek and the rest. Both teams were full of NHL players and it was an amazing game.

My dad and one of his friends paid the big bucks to go see the US play Russia in the semi-finals. I regret not going with him.

Having the Olympics here was a pretty awesome experience. We went downtown almost every night and just hung out. There was so many people and so much going on all the time. It was a very memorable experience.

I'm not too far from them, being just south of the border with Canada, but I never really had too much of an inclination to go see any of it in person. All the hassle of getting across the border and finding the right transportation to the event would be a pain. A co-worker of mine is actually going to a bobsled event or something and she's been trying to figure out how to get there.

How much I watch will depend on whether there is stuff on other channels that I want to watch. I'm a track & field guy, so I can enjoy a good race, so any event like that can be fun to watch. The only problem with the winter Olympics is that most races are not head-to-head. They should make the final event of the games a Chinese downhill race.