Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How many Collector's open...

Hello, I'm new here. So I open almost everything I get, I'm the type that likes to enjoy the item I'm collecting and I would like to know how many other people do the same. If this ip posted in the wrong post let me know. Thank You.

Most of my collection remains boxed/carded including ships, figures, Titanium ships, Pez dispensers. The only time I will open items is if they are doubles, or if I but them on clearance, and the box/card is badly damaged. The stuff I have opened, I have lost weapons, and other small parts.

I do open my Gentle Giant busts. I also opened the Big Falcon, because I 1) got it for $50, and 2) it's just to big to keep in a box. I also open Lego items, and build them to display.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I open everything...I've thought about keeping things boxed/in package, but I already don't have enough room for my loose figures and ships. I recently found a model/craft store (I customize) where I moved and they have a decent selection of old figures (red and green card backs) at a decent price. I might see if I can find the first release when hasbro revamped the franchise and keep those in package but that would be it. I'm like you warped...I like to enjoy them.

If something in my collection isn't open, it's only because I'm waiting for somewhere to display it. I plan to set up rotating displays of Joes, Transformers, and SW soon, and will open everything, since opened toys take up less space than boxed/carded ones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've opened most of my basic carded figures now. Most of my battle packs and other multipacks are still unopened. They look good in the package, and since I usually keep the packaging, opening those wouldn't save me any space. With carded figures, I throw away the bubble and all of the cards don't take up a lot of space. Battle packs often have nice looking backgrounds that would get flattened if I were to try and condense those.

I've really freed up a lot of space as I opened up figures. Vehicles seem best to keep boxed in terms of space. I would have no place to set the BMF, so it remains in the box.

Welcome aboard, new guys!

I open everything, even if I'm not putting it up right away. I want to experience each figure I get, enjoy all the sculpting and articulation. I think it's the best way to collect them. Plus, no surprises down the road from stuck or busted joints.

I used to collect the packaging, but it took up too much of my limited space, so now I throw it all out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I open everything, aside from a few "special" figures (silver figures, stormtrooper Lucas, extra convention figures) that look nice on the cards and I have no use for in a loose collection. Otherwise, I prefer to set them up in dioramas, as I think that looks more interesting than walls full of carded products (though that still looks cool as well, but it's just not for me).

I open everything as well. Recently the figures have been getting so good that you really miss out on a lot (articulation, removable helmets, little accessories) if you leave it carded. I probably open because I used to open and play with stuff as a kid and my collection has grown out of that, so naturally there was never a good place to stop opening and start collecting carded, but I'm very happy with the way I collect!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I open everything, aside from a few "special" figures (silver figures, stormtrooper Lucas, extra convention figures) that look nice on the cards and I have no use for in a loose collection.
    I should clarify that I've got a few like JJL. I sorta wish it had been possible to get extras of some figures, like Pimp Daddy Destro and Springfield Rally Cobra Commander from the Joe line, because it'd be nice to have some loose versions of some of these.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If something in my collection isn't open, it's only because I'm waiting for somewhere to display it.
    Ditto for me. Toys are for playing (and displaying). Although I did give away one of my still boxed TRU exclusive ARC-170's to a very happy 6 year old for his birthday.
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]