Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Re: 12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Dude, if that means they're sold seperately and like I said, PAF raises prices because they don't order from Hasbro but from overseas and pre-orders are always more there so the price per individual set if it's 2 sets is $80, pre-order price + them ordering from overseas probably added $30-40 and so pure retail per set will hopefully be $40-50 each. Think about it, Sy and Droopy would be $20 indivdually, no real reason the price should raise on them and then Max well he's just 1 figure with his organ would be the equivelent to a second figure and boom, two $40 dollar sets. I hope that made sense to everyone.
    I don't think they added $30-$40 on each, due to the fact I've been shopping thru them a while, and in the case of the AT-ST it's $15.00 more, the Crashed Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber was $20.00 more (i.e 10.00 more each) for the set, and the 12" Luke with Speeder bike was, $30.00 more. So I think that it's going to be around $60-$70 a piece in the stores. Sorry to reply twice in a row, but I wanted to explain why it will probably be more then $40-$50 a set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I dunno, there is the possibility, usually things vary in how much they gotta raise the price and since these are pretty expensive anyway, it could've been more.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Heh....Rebo's Organ....heh.....

and it better play Lapti Nek, AND Jedi Rocks
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

$159.99?!?! GOOD LOWWWD, THAT'S A LOTTA MONEY!!

I don't go after the 12-inchers unless they look REALLY good - probably why I have so few. Despite that presale price being just utterly halucinatory, and whether these are exclusive or not, I couldn't imaging either of them selling at retail for more than $30-$40. I'll probably pass either way.

And what is PAF thinking in selling the 12" Luke w/ Speeder at $30 above retail ($80!!), when these were warming Target's clearance shelves at $20 for several months?!
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Sadly, I know what movie that quote came from!!!

one of Chris Rock's finest performances!!!

"How much for an order of ribs?"
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

"How much for just one rib?"
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"

Couldn't care less about this issue, I'm too busy collecting the Saga series, and plus I have these in 3 3/4 right now and could care less about them.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Originally posted by brandon
    Couldn't care less about this issue, I'm too busy collecting the Saga series, and plus I have these in 3 3/4 right now and could care less about them.
    Oh, you will care when you can't find them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

"Do you have change for a Hundred?"

This would be a great 12" set but I agree that those prices seem really inflated. Did you see how much they were charging for the 12" Luke and Tauntaun? $110?!?! Forget that. Wasn't the Han Solo/Tauntaun originally $60-70 when it came out? I really would love to have a second Tauntaun with Luke (hopefully you can slide him into the tauntaun stomach) but I'll wait and get it at the store.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Han Hoth on TaunTaun was originally $45.00 as a Toys R Us exclusive when it first came out.

Amongst all the days as a SW collector, getting that set the first day it was released in southern California will always stand out in my mind. As well as the decent price.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.