Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot Toys Alien Nostromo Crew

For fans of the Alien series(me, me)...Sideshow started prebook today of the first two Hot Toys Alien Nostromo crewmembers: Capt. Dallas & Exec. Officer Kane. I have been waiting for these for 29 years. They are pricey, but the level of detail is unmatched. The space helmets & backpacks have LED lights.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

These things look amazing. I'd love to own them both... it's just too bad that they're so pricey.

This is why I'm not giving Hasbro any more $$$ on redeco'ed, repainted, repackaged figures, ships, battlepacks, etc.(just new stuff). Then it becomes affordable for me. I have the Scar Predator from AVP, and the detail is astounding...it's like Sideshow & MedicomX10. I wish I had the money for their POTC line.

Wow, you're not kidding about them being pricey. 12" figures are my main interest but I stopped a while ago when they started getting over $60 a pop. Now that a lot of these cool ones are going for $150 I'll definitely not buy into them. How in the world can one of these figures cost that much.]

Searching online for these I see they released Ripley with the Power Loader from Aliens. That looks awesome as well but it's priced at $240. No thanks.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    How in the world can one of these figures cost that much.
    It's like anything else. Partly to do with the limited number made, partly to do with having to pay for the license, but mostly I think it's about what collectors in Japan (and now most everywhere) are used to spending on something like this.

Between $100 and $150 has been a standard price for things like Medicom's Real Action Heroes for as long as I can remember. Kotobukiya has been just around there for the most part. That's just the way it is (sadly.)

But, I really do agree with what jonthejedi sad about cutting out the Hasbro fat, and using some of that money for something like this. These are pretty much an instant classic.

They both look terrific and packed with detail. Plus a great scene-specific stand and the LED back pack...just very high-quality.

But....they are just too much at $150 a pop...can't do it. Heck, even Sideshow is making me think twice with each new release and the gradual price increases...

For something this high-end, I'd have to actually see the production piece "in person" before I buy it. I really like these suits/figures from that classic movie....maybe it'll end up being my "splurge" purchase at a convention somewhere down the road...

Thought I'd pull some photos into this thread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_dallas01.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	16941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_dallas02.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	16942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_kane01.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	16943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_kane02.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	16944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ht_kane03.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	16945  

I hope down the line they do Ripley in her white environmental suit from the Alien finale.

For fans of the Alien franchise...head on over to Sideshow for their behind the scenes video of Capt. Dallas & Exec. Officer Kane...and check out the amazing amount of miniscule detail they have incorporated into these figures. Besides the working helmet lamp, interior helmet & backpack lighting, Kane comes with an alternate face-hugged portrait plus removable helmet visor with burn hole. Throw in movie-accurate egg bases plus accessories like sidearms, portable flashlights & working pulley crane, all I can add is whew!

That sure is a lot of detail they have in there. Impressive. I'd be curious to see where the battery is for the helmet lights.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.