Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!

Rumors have been circulating a while that this was in the works, and it sounds like this is a pretty sure proof that it's on it's way. No doubt it will be exclusive to somewhere, but the website that's taking pre-orders for it doesn't say. Hold onto your heart though, for the information about the cost. This information comes from Planet Action Figure, which prices the exclusive ships about 10-15 more then retail. I wonder how much the set will actually retail for in the stores.

12 Jabba Band Assortment (PRESELL 26484)

1x Max Rebo and Organ
    1x Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool

AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2002 PRESELL: $159.99

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It'd be cool if Max's organ was electronic and would play the '83 ROTJ Jabba's Palace music.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yepper!!

That would be great... considering the Jedi Rocks thing was so lame! It would fit, considering we would be getting the CLASSIC THREE as opposed to the version that thought it was the group "Chicago"!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I really want these, but I'm not holding my breath. They've been rumored for a long time.

Here's the thing about Planet Action Figure and other $calper Sites:

"New One-To-One Scale Super Stardestroyer For Your Action Figures coming this Fall! Pre-Order Now! - www. you're gullible.com"

Because it got you to look at their site, didn't it?

The trusty Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU lists are more reliable, but they too have been wrong or I am still missing my "Attack R2-D2 in my collection."

If the band sets are really coming, and I honestly DO think they are, I'll be one of the first lining up to buy them - at retail though. Skip the over-priced pre-orders anyway, guys.

Originally posted by Tycho
    I really want these, but I'm not holding my breath. They've been rumored for a long time.
    Here's the thing about Planet Action Figure and other $calper Sites:
    "New One-To-One Scale Super Stardestroyer For Your Action Figures coming this Fall! Pre-Order Now! - www. you're gullible.com"
    Because it got you to look at their site, didn't it?
    The trusty Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU lists are more reliable, but they too have been wrong or I am still missing my "Attack R2-D2 in my collection."
    If the band sets are really coming, and I honestly DO think they are, I'll be one of the first lining up to buy them - at retail though. Skip the over-priced pre-orders anyway, guys.
    Well, Rebelscum had some rumors about these a week or so ago also, I just figured that this was some definate proof of their coming. That's why I posted the info. I agree, I hate paying more then retail for stuff as well, but I do pre-order my exlusive ships thru them, do to the fact I have to compete in my area with 2 comic book shops that love to purchase and re-sell stuff from my local stores. I won't be buying these thru them though, one I aint gonna spend no damn 159.99 for em. That's just sick in my honest opinion. Though I still wonder what store is gonna get them as an exclusive, and how much. I am gonna go out on a limb and guess Target, since they seem to not mind carrying the expensive exclusives like the Speederbikes and Kaadu.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Awsome! TOTALY Awsome! I hope this happens, I've been waiting for this band for years!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

The actually figures should be much cheaper anyhow because PAF doesn't order from Hasbro but from overseas so their prices are higher just cause of that plus it's a new item and for pre-order which makes the price go even more higher so the actual retail price should be 30-40 below that or so. Ok, we have Barquin D'An already, now where's the Rodian???
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Re: 12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Rumors have been circulating a while that this was in the works, and it sounds like this is a pretty sure proof that it's on it's way. No doubt it will be exclusive to somewhere, but the website that's taking pre-orders for it doesn't say. Hold onto your heart though, for the information about the cost. This information comes from Planet Action Figure, which prices the exclusive ships about 10-15 more then retail. I wonder how much the set will actually retail for in the stores.

1x Max Rebo and Organ

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Is the price for both or a piece?

Re: 12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

1x Max Rebo and Organ

Dude, if that means they're sold seperately and like I said, PAF raises prices because they don't order from Hasbro but from overseas and pre-orders are always more there so the price per individual set if it's 2 sets is $80, pre-order price + them ordering from overseas probably added $30-40 and so pure retail per set will hopefully be $40-50 each. Think about it, Sy and Droopy would be $20 indivdually, no real reason the price should raise on them and then Max well he's just 1 figure with his organ would be the equivelent to a second figure and boom, two $40 dollar sets. I hope that made sense to everyone.

Re: Re: 12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!

Originally posted by hamsterboy
    Is the price for both or a piece?
    That's the price for both, and since PAF marks their exclusives up around $10-$20 bucks each, usually that means that in the stores these should be $60.00-$70.00 each, like the Capt. Tarpals w/ Kaadu set. One set will be a 2-pack of Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool and the other, due to the pipe organ's size will be the second 2-pack, containg Max Rebo and his organ. Like I said, I wouldn't suggest ordering these from PAF, but it does give us some idea when they will be avaliable and for how much.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks