Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Invisible Hand If Hasbro Made This Separatist Flagship?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The Invisible Hand From ROTS).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Invisible Hand From ROTS?

This vehicle would be one of the most difficult ships to design and offer for the 3 3/4" line. The ship would border on a playset, as it would need to be quite large - at least 5 feet long, I'm sure. It's unusual shape would necessitate it resting on a clear stand for support in the front - and perhaps the back to be externally accurate to the ship's look in the movie.

I am all for capital ship playsets looking like the capital ships on their outside. This is the way I designed my custom Tantive IV, and why the old Kenner Star Destroyer bridge playset never inspired me (I bought the vintage as an adult visiting a toy dealer's, but convinced the owner to take my return for a full refund as I gravely disliked this set).

The Invisible Hand (General Grievous' flagship in ROTS) is going to be most challenging to replicate on the outside.

It can hardly be accurate on the inside. Forget the observation tower entirely - save for a faux one on the outside, that's only on scale to some Titanium ships or something.

The chamber where Darth Tyranus fell by the sword of Anakin Skywalker will have to be inside the flat hull of the ship. It can be recreated accurately with an elevated walkway that encircles the back of the toy and a break-away section that can fall and pin Obi-Wan Kenobi as it did during the lightsaber duel. Palpatine can still have his prisoner chair but it might lack being situated by a window, as making that look good and relocating the chamber to the base of the ship cannot both occur. (A new softgoods and articulated Palpatine as Grievous' Prisoner would also be in order - but they can use the Evolutions Darth Sidious with Chancellor Palpatine's head, pretty much.)

The bridge could still be up in the front of the ship, and look pretty much as it did in the movie with a break-away window and emergency blast screen.

The center of the ship might be able to host a hanger big enough for one Jedi Starfighter, as those are small ships.

There is no room for an elevator and no place for one to go if they put a faux one in.

A junkpile with a faux R2-D2 head and periscope could be in the center of the bay though, and a lever raises and lowers R2's dome in the junk pile.

Also, an escape pod for General Grievous could be supplied and launch out of the central section, somewhere near the bridge.

In addition, perhaps hatches that "launch out" Destroyer Droids in their wheel-form (like the old Deluxe Line toy from the 2003 Clone Wars offerings) might make the interior more fun.

Several blaster cannons that could fire missiles and eject "spent shells" could fit along the sides and top, and host chairs for Battle Droid gunners. That could be fun to play with. (Each shot fires two plastic accessories, that is - with 5 cannons in total).

Small vulture Droid fighters might be included with the set as well.

This ship might appear in The Clone Wars, now that the Malevolence has been destroyed. I suspect it will have to appear in The Clone Wars at some point near the series end anyway.

This playset / vehicle would cost at least $150, but more likely over $200-250.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Would a special order program help this get made?

Do you want to see support for this ship demonstrated by inclusion in The Clone Wars Annimated Series?

What are your thoughts on this huge Separatist "base" ship?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They would have to do alot of capital ships before I would want to see this one. Not that I wouldn't want it, but I would rather see a Star Destroyer, Blockade Runner, Mon Cal Cruiser, Jabba's barge, Republic Destroyer, etc.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Well since I don't want any other capital ship, I REALLY don't want this one.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

No way. If I wouldn't dedicate extra space to a Star Destroyer, Blockade Runner or Medical Frigate, then there is no way I would dedicate space to a giant Prequel vehicle.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nope nope nope.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

No. Aside from the need to have it way out of scale, it's not a very distinctive-looking ship. Even the Home One looks more iconic than the Invisible Hand.

Plus, it's from Revenge of the Sith and isn't a cool alien.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I like the ship and the scenes on it, but I don't think it would translate well to a toy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Nope, would never buy this in toy form. Passed on the titanium version of it as well.

There just isn't anything iconic about any of the PT vehicles compared to their OT counterparts. Even the jedi starfighters just don't inspire the wow, cool factor that a TIE or X-wing does. I think it's due to the fact that each movie (and now the cartoon series change the look of the ships, where they remained basically the same through each of the OT movies. It's like their more disposable screen eye candy or blink & you miss them, rather than essential elements.

Not even Adam Smith himself could compel me to buy it! (you's just gots to know who he is)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I am going to have to pass on this one.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.