The SSG 2009 Year In Review has been published

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2686

Chock full of trivia, vehicles, and insane ramblings! 2009 will never be the same again! The delay was entirely Steve's fault!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it, we had fun working on it. Steve says this will be the last YIR article in this format, he wants to make a change to a new format for 2010. So we have 10 months to get used to that idea.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, and for reference, here's the '08 YIR.
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1919

I mention this because Tycho and I made several references to our comments there in this year's.

Haw! Re-reading the '08 YIR, I see my opening comments then said that Lukenesses (Luke likenesses) no longer seemed possible, and then in my '09 opening comments I say the exact opposite.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The lopsidedness in Titanium love is despicable, you should have brought in someone like Warstar just to add to that!

Aside from that, nice work. It was a very fun read!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]A thoroughly enjoyable read! I have been looking forward to it since the beginning of the year.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I imagine it takes a lot of work and wrangling to put these together, so GREAT JOB![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And I am the same page as you are regarding your hopes a new Outrider and a Nu Class/Republic Attack Shuttle. 2009 was STELLAR for vehicles, so I hope Hasbro keeps it up.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Seriously, great job JT![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Steve says this will be the last YIR article in this format, he wants to make a change to a new format for 2010. So we have 10 months to get used to that idea.
    I would bet we might not be allowed to give out raspberry awards for the line's turkeys any more because it's not good PR to say a sponsor's product sucks.

Imagine Billy Mays: "OxyClean actually sucks! For tough stains, even if it IS OxyClean, it's never going to get clean!"

But I don't think we really bashed products this year. Moreover, we bashed prices.

I do see how lowered enthusiasm hurts the collecting community's moral or fans of particular niche interests like SW Transformers and Titaniums.

But I wonder if my comments are hitting the mark on the changes Steve wants?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.