Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sideshow Greedo, really?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...filiate=CD1384

Hello, left turn at Albuquerque. Where did this come from? And why is it wearing someone else's vest? Why wait until ESB's year to put this out?

I'm actually more interested in the cantina environment piece, but unless it's just a table, I doubt I could afford it.

So, who is excited about this one?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think its interesting. The headsculpt looks good, but the vest is way off. If they had some other Cantina alien coming 1st, people would b**** about it not being Greedo.

I might it, depending on price.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Y'know, they should really reconsider totally replacing their website with the streamline ordering site. You can't see a single frickin' thing because every internal link redirects you to a purchase page for something called "Undying Carcass." There's not even a button that says something like, "Not interested in this figure? Browse the rest of our site." Instead, just a small disclaimer at the bottom: "The standard SideshowCollectibles.com website will be back online in approximately 30 minutes, please return at that time to browse our entire store." Rude and grammatically incorrect. Lovely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, I'm glad to see more aliens again. I'm pretty sick of the Troopers and Jedi/Sith figures.

Anyways, I'm more interested in their 1/6 Gamorrean Guard, that will probably be my very first Sideshow figure. I would also like a 1/6 Ephant Mon so I can buy two Gamorreans and pose them on both sides of him.

Bossk, Barada and Kithaba would also be on my dream list; but I'm sure 2/3 of that list is pretty far down on Sideshow's radar.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

El Chux....you probably tried to check during the PPO for that "Undying Carcass" figure that happened today. The PPO for Greedo is next Friday, when hopefully they'll have more pictures up.

bigbarada...part of your wish is about to come true...it's expected that a Gam Guard should be announced (and PPO'd) sometime this year (maybe ComicCon)...not even a whisper about an Ephant Mon though that would be cool...

JT...yeah, I'm hoping we get some ESB-centric releases announced soon...but they did run late (after the 30th Anniversary) of ANH for that spate of figures, so it won't be too surprising if ESB experiences the same delays...

...as for this figure....despite his infamous status from ANH, I'm not wild about this one. Maybe some more pics will sway me, but even so, I'm not prepared to start what will probably be a "build your cantina" stream of figures that may be rather cost/space prohibitive. Out of those denizens, I'm more interested in a Hammerhead than anyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yes, I am!!!!!!! I don't own any SS SW figures (though I do have POTA and Indy), despite their faults, I mainly stuck with the Hasbro 12" line, and didn't want to replace everything with SS (which also have their faults, and are less accepable at the higher prices). But the Hasbro Greedo was terrible, and as one of my favourite characters, I have always wanted a better version at this scale.

So I am very excited for this, and will probably end up buying two SS figures this year, as I'm also a nut for Yoda.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...filiate=CD1384

Hello, left turn at Albuquerque. Where did this come from? And why is it wearing someone else's vest? Why wait until ESB's year to put this out?

I'm actually more interested in the cantina environment piece, but unless it's just a table, I doubt I could afford it.

I think it's obvious that they decided to do this now because I asked for it in our 2009 Year in Review.

Anyway... I'm so totally amazed by the lack of cool alien figures from Sideshow. I'm gonna say it again... Hammerhead. I'd also like to see a great Greedo figure, or maybe a Tusken Raider, or anything that isn't a clone or a Jedi for Pete's sake. I mean... it's not that I don't love the Jedi, but seriously... aliens and droids would be nice also.
    I'm expecting two things... they fix the weird vest, and then they send me a free one, because I'm sure it's stupidly expensive. (Usually when you don't bother to mention a price just a week before something goes on pre-order, it means that the thing is wildly over priced.)
    plasticfetish.net

Great, now I know who to blame.

They never mention prices this far in advance, do they?

I do have to admit, the Hasbro one is somewhat crummy. I don't feel any compulsion to replace it though, Greedo is iconic but not major enough for me to drop nearly a hundred bucks upon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Greedo looks sweet. I can't wait for Bossk and Hammerhead (both of whom have been hinted at by sideshow). My dream for Sideshow would be that all the original Vintage Figures were released in this format.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Don't do that, you'll end up stuck here.
    If you take three lefts you can go right though.

I'll pass on Greedo. Still have my Hasbro one, though inferior he's good enough for me.