Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Jedi Vs. Sith Battle Pack wrong...

    So I got my hands on a 2005 Jedi Vs. Sith Battle Pack, It's the one with the Bonus STORMTROOPER armor on the side. Isn't this wrong as they were called Clone Troopers, and Stormtroopers didn't come until after Ep 3. Maybe I'm missing something or just never saw that they were called Stormtroopers. Sorry for being a noob on this subject as clones are the biggest part of my collection.....

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped View Post
    So I got my hands on a 2005 Jedi Vs. Sith Battle Pack, It's the one with the Bonus STORMTROOPER armor on the side. Isn't this wrong as they were called Clone Troopers, and Stormtroopers didn't come until after Ep 3. Maybe I'm missing something or just never saw that they were called Stormtroopers. Sorry for being a noob on this subject as clones are the biggest part of my collection.....
    Hasbro's made a lot of stupid typos and general errors like that in the text printed on cards and boxes. Don't be too surprised if you run across a site that has catalogued all of these errors.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

  3. #3
    It's pretty stupid, but it's also not Clone Trooper armor since it goes on Obi-Wan. It's "Jedi Clone Wars" armor if anything. Still, we all know what it's based upon, and they did goof bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's pretty stupid, but it's also not Clone Trooper armor since it goes on Obi-Wan. It's "Jedi Clone Wars" armor if anything. Still, we all know what it's based upon, and they did goof bad.
    Isn't it clone armor though? This is the set that came out after the Tartakovsky CW series where Ob-Wan did actually don the armor from a clone (and at first looked just like a clone with a cloak) and therefore it is clone armor?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  5. #5
    Thats what I thought, (I have Obi as a Clone with the cape and he is one of my fav figures). But it's packages like this that I dont like to open cause it's odd.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Isn't it clone armor though? This is the set that came out after the Tartakovsky CW series where Ob-Wan did actually don the armor from a clone (and at first looked just like a clone with a cloak) and therefore it is clone armor?
    I don't remember it going down that way. Anybody have definitive info?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #7
    I just remember him hopping on a swoop while wearing it. I figured it was modified Clonetrooper armor, but it's not entirely the same, and I don't recall him borrowing it from anyone.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #8
    Well I didn't remember seeing how he got it and below is the clip so you can decide for yourself what it is. The only difference I can tell is the disks on his chest that hold his cloak in place and there seems to be a slight difference with the fin on his helmet. When I first saw it I noticed that he does not use his lightsaber until his helmet has been knocked off. This gave me the impression that there was supposed to be some doubt as to whether or not this really was Obi-Wan. I mean, maybe that's just an assumption on my part but I'd figure a lightsaber would be more effective than the lance. If that's the case the fact Obi-wan didn't use it from the beginning was meant to create a little mystery about whether it was or wasn't. Therefore I assumed the armor was the same.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbGof08fF90
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  9. #9
    I found this on starwars.wikia.com.

    As with the 501st Legion, the clone shock troopers were tasked with protecting Coruscant, and answered directly to the Supreme Chancellor. Prior to the rise of the Galactic Empire, the clone shock troopers were the first armed force to be dubbed as "stormtroopers." This nickname would immediately become a title for all clone troopers upon the Republic's transformation into the Empire.

    So there it is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped View Post
    I found this on starwars.wikia.com.

    As with the 501st Legion, the clone shock troopers were tasked with protecting Coruscant, and answered directly to the Supreme Chancellor. Prior to the rise of the Galactic Empire, the clone shock troopers were the first armed force to be dubbed as "stormtroopers." This nickname would immediately become a title for all clone troopers upon the Republic's transformation into the Empire.

    So there it is.
    There it ain't.

    First off, that's referring to AFTER the Clone Wars ended, when the Republic became the Empire, so Obi-Wan's not going to be wearing that armor.

    Second, if you read the context on the 501st entry, you'll see this statement which says they changed their armor with the new name:
    "A short time after the execution of Order 66, Palpatine would announce that he was reorganizing the Republic into the Galactic Empire, which he would rule as emperor. Now serving the Empire, the members of the 501st took the designation stormtrooper, as well as new armor, weapons, and ships."


    Anyway, we know this is clone trooper armor, but Obi-Wan's not a clone trooper and the armor is customized to his Jedi robes (in fact, other Jedi also wear similar clone-style armor with robes during the Clone Wars), so it can't technically be "clone trooper armor", despite being the same stuff. It's phase 1 Kaminoan body armor, but we can call it clone trooper armor just as we would if it were samurai armor. The problem IMO is that "stormtrooper" can be a generic term, but "clone trooper" means a "trooper who is a clone". Oh well, it's clone trooper armor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO