Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Toy Fair coverage tidbits, live info now

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2692

I'm posting them as they come in, so keep updating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Zuckuss & 4-LOM celebration 5 exclusive 2pack sounds really fun, clever.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Interesting choice, but will there be any differences between them and the current Zuckuss and 4-LOM?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They'll be the modern figures but have vintage-style paintjobs, I believe.

Interesting. I'm assuming you mean the one-tone paint, with maybe a tad of rust on 4-LOM? I can see what they're going for, but it sounds like that's not for me.

Ah well. They gave me Teek, so I don't care if the rest of the year is just Clonetroopers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Those are cool, and the vintage jet back Fett was a huge surprise
    Real men buy Willrow

4-LOM (aka "Zuckuss" in name only) seems to be that metallic gray color the original had. We've seen a leaked pic of it already. No pic of Zuckuss (aka "4-LOM" ) but I think we can assume it'll be beige/tan. The idea of these 2 being on vintage cardbacks as a set is just too clever.

Not sure what's happening, I got those updates and then... silence. Hopefully that means photos are coming soon.

Well, some other sites' stuff is up . . . the Star Tours set includes Ree-Yees with a camera. I can really, truly die a happy man now. I seriously had a spasm of joy when I saw that.

From the rest of the slideshow:
    *Clone Wars has some great stuff coming up. I'm jazzed for the Orto Plutonia figures and Pre Vizsla. There are several new speeders coming, which all look cool. Plo Koon is coming with what looks like a modified OT-style bike, so hopefully they can modify the mold for a new ROTJ one. The retail droid is coming in a battle pack.
    *Vintage Han is from Echo Base, as we all assumed. It looks cool.
    *The new Cloud Car Pilot has a mustache, just like one from the model used in the film (the other one is clean-shaven, just like the 2004 figure).
    *Looks like ten figures in the ESB wave, two of which (Vader and Boba) are repacks.
    *Mail-away rocket-firing Boba Fett is awesome. The actual firing missile is longer, which I suppose it has to be.
    *The AT-AT is looking amazing. Very cool features, and the size is massive.
    *Star Tours set includes Crew Member, Kaink (looks like a hood, but no shirt thing), Teek, repacked Ree-Yees with Camera (f' yeah), repacked POTJ Chewbacca (good for the scene).
    *Exclusive comic packs are Visionaries Maul and Owen for Comic Con (repainted AOTC figure, but unfortunately not ROTS-accurate) and Camie and Fixer for Celebration V, which is exciting.
    *Not sure what to think about the Zuckuss/4-LOM set. The reversed packaging thing is cool, but otherwise since I already have the figures it's not too exciting.

Oh, I just fainted!

EDIT: More thoughts...

Saga Legends on the new cardbacks look weird.

Battle game looks sliiiiightly fun, will flunk miserably, this stuff never catches on with kids.

Yay, CW cloaked Magna Guard, Heater Pack Clone, and Fire Battle Droid. New Grievous with cloak seems to have new arms and legs (I really hope so).

CW Deluxe fig & vehicle, WTF is the CW 1 Speeder Bike doing there? I thought that tooling was LOST!!! That's unacceptable. The only thing missing then is the vanes? Big deal! MAKE NEW ONES! A mini Naboo Star Skiff? Too funny. Cad Bane's pirate Swoop looks boss. Mando Speederbike looks cool, I can't help it.

CW Battle Packs, a pack of clones to co-sell the R/C Hailfire droid, nice. Droids & Clones has a droid I can't remember that was in our polls, I think. It's based on the original Droideka design.

Does it look like the Cad Bane on the Pirate Bike has knee articulation??? That would be sweet

I am loving the Cad Bane/Aura Sing and Republic Commando galactic heroes sets