Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I do like that Wicket and Kneesa eventually got married. I thought it was weird that Kneesa became the chief, since the Ewoks seemed rather patriarchal, and I would've assumed Wicket would've been the next chief.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I do like that Wicket and Kneesa eventually got married. I thought it was weird that Kneesa became the chief, since the Ewoks seemed rather patriarchal, and I would've assumed Wicket would've been the next chief.
    Yeah, Wicket would have definitely married his way into the Chief position. I really don't like it when the writers try to get too politically correct with the Star Wars characters. The Ewoks are a primitive tribe, so it's not a big deal that they wouldn't allow female leaders.

So did Latara and Teebo ever get married or did she dump him when he got all ugly and scary looking?

I've never heard of anything about those two. Aside from slandering Logray and saying Paploo took his place as shaman, the EU writers only seem concerned with Kneesa and Wicket.

I personally think Wicket became chief, with Logray, Kaink, Chukha-Trok (who, again, was faking to get Mace the heck away from him), and Teek as his most trusted advisors, and the Ewoks of Endor all united under his leadership and entered into a new golden age, the likes of which have not been seen anywhere across the galaxy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Steering the Ewok discussion back into the original intent of the thread . . . how should they deal with Ewoks in this line? The original Ewoks were one to a card, but that's a damn ripoff and they always do two nowadays (except for Chief Chirpa, due to costing reasons or whatever). If they do a new Wicket, for instance, but sell him by himself and charge $7.99, would you feel ripped off? Or would it be worth it to get a new Wicket, and on the vintage card to boot?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've never heard of anything about those two. Aside from slandering Logray and saying Paploo took his place as shaman, the EU writers only seem concerned with Kneesa and Wicket.

I personally think Wicket became chief, with Logray, Kaink, Chukha-Trok (who, again, was faking to get Mace the heck away from him), and Teek as his most trusted advisors, and the Ewoks of Endor all united under his leadership and entered into a new golden age, the likes of which have not been seen anywhere across the galaxy.
    Sounds like you should be writing for Lucasfilm to me. You should probably just edit that into the Wookieepedia Ewok articles and hopefully they'll realize it's a much better story and never change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Steering the Ewok discussion back into the original intent of the thread . . . how should they deal with Ewoks in this line? The original Ewoks were one to a card, but that's a damn ripoff and they always do two nowadays (except for Chief Chirpa, due to costing reasons or whatever). If they do a new Wicket, for instance, but sell him by himself and charge $7.99, would you feel ripped off? Or would it be worth it to get a new Wicket, and on the vintage card to boot?
    I would prefer them to be one per card like the vintage figures. Although it would be interesting to see how they handle packing them two per card and still retain the feel of the vintage design.

I'm assuming that they will usually pack an Ewok in a wave with a larger character to balance out the costs when you purchase the entire wave. If they redo Wicket properly scaled, then they might need to repack Ephant Mon, just to make it fair.

Although, I'd still buy Wicket by himself at $7.99.

They could release a repainted generic Ewok, or something rare like Teek, with him; something that doesn't require tooling. Conversely, they could, say, have the Ewok based on an existing sculpt and put Cindel in the package.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A repainted Wokling with each Ewok might help create more perceived value as well.

That would be a fine idea. Never can one have too many Woklings.

Some might disagree, but the older Ewok sculpts could be repainted to be background Ewoks, since most of the "minor" costumes seemed pretty generic and not especially detailed, anyway.

However, it may be a moot point. Unless the two Ewoks (or Ewok and whatever) appeared onscreen together, how would they do vintage-style artwork?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

(The two ewoks that hijacked the walker with Chewie would be a great two-pack ) Making a "fake" picture should be doable. They could do some of that weird 70s airbrushing to make the picture show what they want it too. Plus they could probably still make 2 on a card feel vintage-ish with a long bubble like Chewbacca had.
    And I really want this Luke on this card
    http://theswca.com/db/gus/77luke.jpg

and:
    Ceremonial Luke and a really really good General Lando. (I know Lando figures supposedly aren't huge hits but come on Lando needs one GREAT figure)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Ewoks in general. I'm still on the fence about the Star Tours set w/ Teek. I hope the set at least includes weapons of some sort. I haven't bought an Ewok since Romba/Graak in '07 and will probably not buy another other than Wicket.

Figs I'd most like to see on Vintage packaging include all the "core" characters, and hopefully the definitive versions of each. Also the "secondary" characters that are important to the saga but less kid friendly. This would encompass the following Prequel Jedi that could use small but significant upgrades to render them "definitive":

Kit Fisto
    Plo Koon
    Saesee Tiin
    Aayla Secura
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Shaak Ti
    Luminara Unduli
    Oppo Rancisis

The Following Jedi would fit into the above category, but require total overhauls and resculpts.

Yarael Poof
    Barriss Offee
    Adi Gallia
    Eeth Koth
    Depa Billaba
    Fi-Ek Sirch
    Pablo-Jill

Bounty Hunters, troop builders, and other kid friendly characters done in realistic style:

Clones
    Stormtroopers
    Imperial Guards
    Rebel/Imperial pilots and personnel
    Aurra Sing
    Bossk
    IG-88
    Zuckuss (maybe the current figure improved w/ that "pleather" material shown on the exclusive)
    Greedo
    Ponda Baba
    Zutton (Snaggletooth)
    Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)

And finally, I'd like to see figures that appear on my end-all, beat-all wish list:

Cane Adiss
    Mon Calamari Dancer
    Loje Nella
    Revwien
    Jess
    Kal'Falnl C'ndros
    Eeusu Estornii
    Veedaaz Awmetth
    Rogwa Wodrata
    Ket Maliss
    Edcel Bar Gane
    All the Pod Race pilots
    The rest of the Cantina/Jabba's Palace ALIENS, including Skiff guards.

I know most of my wish list would be total long shots but I'm in this for the long term so I'll be patient.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss