Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    Figs I'd most like to see on Vintage packaging include all the "core" characters, and hopefully the definitive versions of each. Also the "secondary" characters that are important to the saga but less kid friendly. This would encompass the following Prequel Jedi that could use small but significant upgrades to render them "definitive":

Plo Koon
    Saesee Tiin
    Please, no more Plo Koons or Saesee Tiins for at least 5 years! They've been the plague of the Saga Legends line. Plus, we just got a new Plo Koon in the Legacy line, who pegwarms right alongside his Saga Legends (blue AND red carded) and Clone Wars counterparts.

Bounty Hunters, troop builders, and other kid friendly characters done in realistic style:

Bossk
    IG-88
    Greedo
    These guys are still readily available online, in vintage packaging, and you can probably find them for less that their initial $10 price tag.

Here's VTAC Bossk for only $7.89 from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-87308-S...d_bxgy_t_img_b

So no need to be taking up slots that would be better suited for other figures in the next 2 years.

I know most of my wish list would be total long shots but I'm in this for the long term so I'll be patient.
    Patience is the key. I've been carrying the torch for Skiff Guards since 2002. The only other groups of characters that I regularly campaign for would be Ewoks and, more recently, Ep3 Wookiees. So it definitely helps to think in the long term and get out of the "I need it now!" mentality. If I really want a character now, then I should still want it 8 years from now. If my interest fades after a couple of years, then I never really wanted it in the first place.

For instance, Kithaba has been at the top of my want list since I discovered that he wasn't Barada in 2000. My interest in the character has never faded, not even when he was pulled off the rumor list for 2009 or more recently when he was bumped off the rumor list for 2011, because Hasbro has decided to make another Nikto Skiff Guard instead. Of course it's disappointing when a figure you want gets so close to being made only to have the plug pulled, but it doesn't change my interest in the character.

I dunno, BigB. If they were actually to release "Sassy" Tiin in a tutu and with a chihuahua in his purse, or pimped-out Plo Koon with feather hat, fur coat, platform shoes, and a light-cane, I could see working them into the TVC line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I never said they (Plo and Saesee) need to be in the line next year, but both could stand some updating to get them SA and then be done with them. They would look nice on vintage cards, and if produced in smaller batches they would sell through. There are collectors (like me) who are actually fans of these characters and would like to see them done right once and for all.

As for the bounty hunters, they would be perfect for the so-called greatest hits slots in the line. It doesn't matter to me that they are still available online. All star wars figures are really. If they are going to re-release 4-LOM (an iffy seller in my area) then the terrific sellers (Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss) are no-brainers in my opinion. Plus most kids don't shop e-bay or online in general.

Believe me I've been collecting since 1996 so I know what patience is! I had to wait forever for Tessek, Amanaman and Dice Ibegon. Now its Cane Adiss and the Mon Cal female dancer.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I will think of more later but here are some I would buy...

ROTJ
    Sim Aloo (new) with stand
    Wicket and all original vintage ewok characters
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

So they're gonna start doing figures on the vintage cards OTHER than the original ones from the 70's/80's? Whatever. I won't mind it so long as they don't do a single Prequel figure on a vintage style cardback.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    So they're gonna start doing figures on the vintage cards OTHER than the original ones from the 70's/80's? Whatever. I won't mind it so long as they don't do a single Prequel figure on a vintage style cardback.
    Actually, they've already said that Prequel figures are going to be on vintage style cardbacks as well. Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection is going to be an ROTS wave, with General Grievous pretty much confirmed to be in that wave.

Lumat
    Sim Aloo
    Kithaba
    Klaatu - Jabba's Palace (who is supposed to be coming)

tpm

Jar Jar Binks!!! SA please!
    Nute Gunray and Rune Haako, soft goods robes and removeable head dresses so we can see them meimodian bald spots!

AOTC
    Aayla Secura SA
    Clieg Larrs, with a wheel chair!
    Zam Wessell, SA with alternate head sculpt, and soft goods face cover thingie, removeable helmet, and did i mention SA?
    Young Bobba, soft goods tunic, and SA.
    Jocasta Nu, soft goods and SA, lightsaber hilt on belt, and a holokraun.

ROTS
    Sennate Jar Jar, soft goods robe and SA
    Red Robes Palaptine, SA soft goods robe
    Funeral Padme, with casket! LOL. but it would be cool.
    Random Younglings, release the younglings please i beg!!! missed them the first time through.

ANH
    Dr Evazden, resculpt and SA
    Walrus Man, soft goods jacket like Greedo,removeable arm, and SA.
    Uncle Owen, soft goods robe and SA. maybe a jawa droid can be packed with him?
    Grand Moff Tarkin, SA and a new sculpt is a must.
    Rebel Fleet Trooper, SA, Alternate head varients, removeable helmet, holster on side, and soft goods vest.

ESB
    Toryn Far, SA...
    Lobot, SA and removeable head gear. Which leads to a new sculpt.
    Luke dagobah training, backpack for Yoda, tank top sculpt from POTF2 days but SA. It would be awesome to have a soft goods jacket so wed have bespin luke as well...
    Han solo in carbonite, all new sculpt, sa, and such!
    Han Solo Bespin, Sa, soft goods jacket, breath mask, etc. just a great ESB han would rock!!!

ROTJ
    Wicket, SA and soft goods head dress
    Leia from Endor Celebration, with dress of course soft goods...
    Jabba's thugs, i dont really want them per say but i do buy them and enjoy collecting them.

EU
    Guri, she needs to be done!!!!
    Zayne Carrick, diddo see above
    Spirit of Luke, kinda like the spirit of Hayden from the TAC
    Vong, more vong and even more vong, and yes i want Nom as well!!!
    Anakin Solo, come on if there going to make JAcen we gotta have him to...

Wow i asked for a Ewok...cant believe i actually done that as i hate those rat looking teddy bear things!!!!

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I would love to see a few EU (i know hasbro is going away from EU for a awhile) but really would love to see 2 figures get the vintage treatment....

ROTS : SA Emperor Palpatine from the senate duel with Yoda
    ROTJ : SA Emperor Palpatine with Throne.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I would love to see a few EU (i know hasbro is going away from EU for a awhile) but really would love to see 2 figures get the vintage treatment....

ROTS : SA Emperor Palpatine from the senate duel with Yoda
    ROTJ : SA Emperor Palpatine with Throne.
    With you on both of these.

Some others I'd like to see:

TPM
    New versions of the Naboo troopers and pilots
    Darth Maul
    TC-14
    new Senate Guards

AOTC
    Zam Wessel
    Jango and Boba
    Count Dooku
    Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    That dude who tried to sell Obi-Wan Death-Sticks

ROTS
    The aforementioned Palpatine
    new ROTS versions of the Senate Guards

ANH
    Garindan
    Biggs Darklighter
    Wedge Antilles
    Jek Porkins
    General Dodonna
    Momaw Nadon
    R5-D4
    Gonk Droid
    Ben

ESB
    A version of Vader with Luke's face under the helmet, and an interchangeable damaged helmet
    Admiral Piett
    Lando Calrissian
    Captain Needa
    Ghost Ben
    General Rieekan
    FX-7
    2-1B
    Bacta Tank Luke
    Echo Base Luke with tauntaun guts

ROTJ
    Again, the Emperor, preferably with his throne
    Lando in his Alliance General uniform
    Lando in his Jabba's Palace disguise
    Nien Nunb as the Falcon's co-pilot
    Imperial Guard
    That smug Imperial jerk who presented Luke to Vader at the landing platform and was all pleased with himself that he'd "captured" a Jedi who wanted to be caught in the first place
    Admiral Ackbar
    Mon Mothma
    General Madine
    Mon Calamari crewman
    Arvel Crynyd
    Final Duel Vader with messed up right arm

I'd also like to see an Asajj Ventress and Durge.