Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Actually, they've already said that Prequel figures are going to be on vintage style cardbacks as well. Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection is going to be an ROTS wave, with General Grievous pretty much confirmed to be in that wave.
    That's disgusting if you ask me. They're once again driving a unique idea into the ground. I don't see how something that's only 5 years old can be "vintage". But if it gets fanboys another Grievous and Maul then I'm all for it!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    Echo Base Luke with tauntaun guts

That would not keep well MOCU (mint on card, unrefrigerated).

Chicken liver works fine for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    That's disgusting if you ask me. They're once again driving a unique idea into the ground. I don't see how something that's only 5 years old can be "vintage". But if it gets fanboys another Grievous and Maul then I'm all for it!!!
    They did quite a bit of fan polling a few years back to determine how to move forward, and the response was to add in unmade characters from both the OT and PT (though there were quite a few people like you who only wanted redos of old stuff). They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped. I personally just like the card art and am looking forward to new PT figures on it; having just old figures would get boring after a while, I think.

Also, how is it "unique" when they're re-releasing packaging that was created over 30 years ago?

Yes, the card art is a good selling point for me. The vintage cards are just beautiful.
    ESB

ANH

ROTJ
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

what JJL said in his pwnership of Slicker McCallum.

Doesn't matter to me what the card looks like. It could be a blank brown piece of cardboard. I'll be ripping them open, and I won't be buying any re-packs that I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped.
    Along those lines, I can think of a few that I would like that would fit that description:

Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Uncle Owen
    Grand Moff Tarkin

None of those three were in the original line, and all could use updates in the modern line. RFT is from 2001, and Owen and Tarkin are from 1997. They did do a prequel Tarkin and repaint him for the Imperial Briefing set back in 2006. So, it would be nice to see these figures on vintage style cards like they should have been originally.

A lot of prequel figures that would be good candidates are ones that have all been done pretty well. It has been a while since we've had a Jar Jar outside of the Clone Wars line, so that would be a much needed upgrade.

They did quite a bit of fan polling a few years back to determine how to move forward, and the response was to add in unmade characters from both the OT and PT (though there were quite a few people like you who only wanted redos of old stuff). They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped. I personally just like the card art and am looking forward to new PT figures on it; having just old figures would get boring after a while, I think.

Also, how is it "unique" when they're re-releasing packaging that was created over 30 years ago?
    I guess I'm just old fashioned and hate change. I'm also thinking it's just another excuse to release every f**king clone possibly on a vintage card to get as much use out of that mold as possible (as if they haven't worn it out yet).

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    what JJL said in his pwnership of Slicker McCallum.
    Baby Jesus hates you.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Figures I deffinetly want to see on vintage card backs

Re-dos from the 'good ol days'

R2-D2 with pop up lightsaber (just the hilt would be made of win!) This one could be on a ROTJ card instead of the POTJ. something that would be interesting would be if they put it on the tri logo version world wide.

C-3PO with removable limbs

Jawa

R5-D4 (Yeah, we just got him . . . but I LOVE the old package and would scream like a girl if I saw it on the store shelf again after 30+ years)

Wicket IS A MUST!!!!!!!!! This was my second favorite figure when I was a kid.

New Figures:

R2-D2 With opening doors. (ROTJ card back) Similar to the one we got for clone wars, only a movie acurate version. Extera points if they manage it with the above mentioned lightsaber R2

C-3PO TPM version We need a new version of this figure, and this would be a truly cool way to bring it back.

Darth Maul TPM(Much as I hate seeing him re-released year after year, he's one of the figures I'v always wanted to see on the vintage style card back

Kaminoan AOC (Sa-se-tin (SP) I think is her name)

Library droids AOC

Yoda with lightsaber AOC

Darth Sidious with lightsaber ROTS

Commander Cody ROTS Just one I'v wanted to see on a vintage card back. Even have a version on my hard drive I made up for Revenge of the Jedi (original name for Return of the Jedi), but havn't gotten around to making it yet.

501st clone trooper ROTS (if they're going to do one, they can at least do the coolest one!)

I could more than easily live with just re-dos of the vintage trilogy, or sticking souly with the original trilogy though. The idea of doing ENTIER waves based on prequal movies just screams BAD IDEA since this line specificaly targets older collectors.

Steering the Ewok discussion back into the original intent of the thread . . . how should they deal with Ewoks in this line? The original Ewoks were one to a card, but that's a damn ripoff and they always do two nowadays (except for Chief Chirpa, due to costing reasons or whatever). If they do a new Wicket, for instance, but sell him by himself and charge $7.99, would you feel ripped off? Or would it be worth it to get a new Wicket, and on the vintage card to boot?
    I would pay $8 for wicket, Logray, and Teebo. The others I am just not very familiar with. I thought in a QA they confirmed Wicket in the line up for 2010. I also thought Zam Wessel was confirmed? Plus the new R2 in the works with saber dome but sounded like it might be in the planning stages so I'd guess thats for 2011. Someone should compose a list of what is confirmed and sticky it to the first post. I don't think the two pack would work on Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They could release a repainted generic Ewok, or something rare like Teek, with him; something that doesn't require tooling. Conversely, they could, say, have the Ewok based on an existing sculpt and put Cindel in the package.
    Great! Their next idea will be to have a "build an ewok" figure with an ewok body part on each card.
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]