Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Which figures would you like to see in TVC?

I think I need some sort of medal for the first use of "TVC".

Anyway, how about it? Even though I'll be opening the figures and I wasn't around for the original vintage run, even I think the packaging is gorgeous. I love the idea of getting figures on the vintage cards that weren't around in the '70s and '80s.

*Uncle Owen - this is the one that gave me the idea for this thread. There's a great-looking new Owen coming in the Visionaries comic pack, but the coloring isn't 100% accurate to ANH. Wouldn't it be awesome if they repainted him and put him on the vintage card?
    *Dr. Evazan - pretty sure this one is coming, but it will still be awesome.
    *Grand Moff Tarkin - we need a new one, and there wasn't one in the vintage line, so this would be really cool.
    *Slave Leia - could just be a repack, but would still be cool.
    *Darth Maul - this one could just be a repack of the Evolutions figure, but a TVC Maul would be killer.
    *Jar Jar Binks - this guy needs a SA update, and I'm sure he'd sell better on a vintage card.
    *General Grievous - now that they wouldn't need to spend the money for a droid part, hopefully they would release the 2008 figure with a cape.

I'm also looking forward to the other prequel characters here, but don't need to list them all. So, what would you like to see?

Everything JJL listed above, plus:

TPM Qui-Gon with soft goods robe (Naboo pic)
    TPM Mace Windu
    AOTC Obi-Wan with soft goods robe (Kamino pic)
    AOTC Count Dooku
    ROTS Anakin with soft goods robe (Mustafar pic)
    ROTS Darth Sidious
    ANH Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise
    ANH Tusken Raider with Sandpeople description on the card
    ESB 2-1B - not in a joking way, I'd really like to see a Vintage ESB style Deuce
    ESB Luke Skywalker (Bacta Tank)
    ROTJ Nien Nunb - with card pic of him behind the controls of the Falcon
    ROTJ Ghost of Anakin (H-Christ version) - I realize this would not be a popular choice
    EU Teek - so I don't have to buy the Star Tours box set

ROTJ: (I'm also going to try to guess what vintage-style names they would get)
    Darth Vader (with Removable Helmet): using the image of Vader just after Luke takes off his helmet, and displaying the helmet in a separate bubble just above the figure like they did for the vintage Lando Skiff and Boushh Leia.
    Princess Leia (Jabba the Hutt's Prisoner): any screenshot would be fine.
    Luke Skywalker (Final Jedi Duel): preferably with a completely resculpted DS2 Luke.
    A-Wing Pilot ('Green Squadron' Leader): since they seem to be rereleasing the A-Wing, then it would be awesome to finally have an A-Wing Pilot on an ROTJ card.
    Barada: another figure that I would like to see on an ROTJ card and, while they're at it, just give us a completely new, SA Barada.
    Ephant Mon: I really don't think this would possible, but it would be cool.
    Amanaman: this could just be a straight repack of the POTJ figure.
    Chukha-Trok: yes, I know, technically he was dead by ROTJ, but no one really needs to know that.

Star Wars:
    Grand Moff Tarkin: he was always one of the most glaring omissions from the vintage line. Time to correct that.
    Cantina Band Member: another glaring omission from the vintage line, plus I would love to see this figure super-articulated.
    Rebel Blockade Runner Soldier: the Rebel Fleet Trooper, but "Rebel Blockade Runner Soldier" just sounds more "vintage-ish" to me. I don't think Kenner ever used the word "trooper" to describe Rebels.
    Cantina Thug or Grubby Human: this would be Dr. Evazan, but that name is not at all consistent with the vintage names of figures like Walrusman, Hammerhead and Snaggletooth.
    Owen Lars and Beru Lars: carded separately, of course, but they would be cool to have on vintage cards.
    R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo): I just want this figure on a Star Wars card.

ESB:
    AT-AT Driver
    Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot

TPM:
    Anakin Skywalker (Podracer Champion): an all new version of Anakin with a removable podracer helmet.
    Jar Jar Binks: we need an SA Jar Jar on a vintage card.
    Darth Maul: would love to see him on a vintage style card as well.
    Queen Amidala: her Theed Invasion or Senate outfit. Those are the two most iconic of her outfits and both could use an update.

AOTC:
    Jango Fett
    Count Dooku
    Yoda (Jedi Master): we need a photo of Yoda with his lightsaber on a vintage card!

ROTS:
    Shocktrooper: still my favorite Clonetroopers, so I'd like to see them on a vintage card. Maybe the photo of them on Mustafar.
    General Grievous: an iconic villain who would be right at home on a vintage card
    Tarfull: we desperately need an update of this Wookiee and there are tons of awesome promotional photos that could be used for his card.
    Wookiee Warrior: I've been waiting for some decent Wookiee action figures for 5 years now.

Excellent suggestions bigB...but what's that about Chuka being a corpse by the time of ROTJ? Does that refer to any controversy over when the Ewok flix took place?

Chukha wasn't dead. He got sick of Mace Towani whining and pretended to be dead so the brat would leave him alone.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Excellent suggestions bigB...but what's that about Chuka being a corpse by the time of ROTJ? Does that refer to any controversy over when the Ewok flix took place?
    I always thought that the Ewok movies took place prior to ROTJ; but I could be wrong. That could actually create some continuity problems now that I think about it.

Last I read, the Ewok cartoons took place prior to the Ewok movies, and the Ewok movies prior to ROTJ. All of them take place (roughly) from slightly before ANH to around the time of ESB. Noa and the Towanis don't speak Basic, so Wicket doesn't learn it, but the movies are "translated" into Basic for the viewers' benefit.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Last I read, the Ewok cartoons took place prior to the Ewok movies, and the Ewok movies prior to ROTJ. All of them take place (roughly) from slightly before ANH to around the time of ESB. Noa and the Towanis don't speak Basic, so Wicket doesn't learn it, but the movies are "translated" into Basic for the viewers' benefit.
    So with three different Chief Chirpas and possibly 4 different Lograys (if you count the season 2 Ewoks Logray to be a different character because of the new voice actor), between the 2 seasons of Ewoks, the 2 Ewoks movies and ROTJ, then exactly how do the Star Wars continuity police explain all of that? Is "Logray" a title instead of a name? Is "Chirpa" a royal dynasty instead of an individual Chieftan?

Also how do they reconcile the extreme makeovers that Teebo and Paploo went through? Unless they are completely different Ewoks who just happen to share the same name?

And, yes, I really do think about these things.

Different characterization, I assume. Batman who walked around on the streets of Gotham and called Robin his chum was the same guy who knocked the Joker into a vat of acid.

The only thing I do take issue with is the EU saying Logray was a sham all along and was excommunicated from the tribe just after ROTJ because he was fake, when he clearly had some powers in the stories that take place earlier.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The only thing I do take issue with is the EU saying Logray was a sham all along and was excommunicated from the tribe just after ROTJ because he was fake, when he clearly had some powers in the stories that take place earlier.
    That is ridiculous and yet another reason to completely ignore non-film EU sources. Poor Logray slandered by some hack EU writer looking to make a name for himself.