Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If Comic-Con were to indeed leave San Diego...

... they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I read the article that's linked on the main page (actually before seeing it here), and thought of what a joke Comic-Con in Anaheim would be. True, there's a bigger convention center. But the city lacks atmosphere. It's Disneyland, a few hotels and restaurants, and, well, that's it.

I can't help but wonder how Disneyland would feel about a huge, incredibly popular convention eating up hotel rooms during a prime summer week. I wouldn't think Disneyland would get extra business from outside the area during Comic-Con, as folks visiting probably won't have time and/or money to stop by there.

If they do wind up moving to be closer to the Hollywood studios, I propose they drop the word "Comic" from the name altogether. I doubt I'd be visiting in Anaheim; if it weren't for Disneyland, I doubt I'd even drive through there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They could call it the Los Angeles Comic-Con of Anaheim.

I think Disneyland would welcome it as it would generate business for them, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags, Long Beach Aquarium, Maps of the Stars Emporiums, JT's house, and on and on. I think out of staters would see how relatively close things are in SoCal and take advantage since they made the trip to The Con.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    They could call it the Los Angeles Comic-Con of Anaheim.
    You have to work California or Greater Orange County or something else in there.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Nah. If it's good enough for the Angels, it's good enough for Comic-con.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Nah. If it's good enough for the Angels, it's good enough for Comic-con.
    *cough cough* California Angels when Gene Autry owned the team. It's only Arty Moreno who's changed/fooled around with the name.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I think they should keep it in San Diego. When I went I had a great time with plenty to do outside of the event. Though I did get "the finger" from one person who probably saw my L plate, and thought I was ruining the SD experience.

I've been to conventions in Anaheim (NAMM) and as an out of state-er quite frankly I don't know how you can breath without a respirator. Guess it's an acclimation process. I stayed in my motel room most of the time.
    Yeah I know it's not always like that, just 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    ...as an out of state-er quite frankly I don't know how you can breath without a respirator. Guess it's an acclimation process.
    Well, I know that for the eleven or so years that I lived there, I was beginning to grow gills to filter the air.......

When I went to the D23 Expo in the Anaheim Convention Center last September, I distinctly recall thinking that Comic Con would never work in this facility. I think on paper, it may be a larger facility but in reality, it would probably be even more cramped than San Diego.

Hey, you can't spell "communistic" without "comic."

It has dropped its focus on "comics" and moved towards film and toy licenses, so I would be sad to see it go, but sadly not shocked to learn that'd be the case. I think they're treading on thin ice, and not even Iceman OR Mr. Freeze can help them.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

... I won't care. I haven't been to one, nor do I plan on going to one. It's the people quite frankly. I do not mean this an insult to anybody here, but most of people who would go to such event really aren't the type of people I get a long with. It's like physics majors. I don't really like most of my peers at school, just like I don't really like most Sci Fi/comic fans I've meet in real life. Again this is not an insult, just an observation on about me.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane