BAD droids extra holes...

So why do the Astromech droids from the BAD series have extra holes below their "leg holes"? Anyone know
    Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy…

In theory, Hasbro said it was to make crazy customs, so if you wanted to make a 4 limbed astro droid. You can also put an upright droid's head in place of having a domed head.

It sort of is an homage to the Lucas Learning game Droid Works.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I was awaiting fins and a head for a FX-7 droid to make the one from Dark Times. Guess that wont be happening.

I'm lookin for the right arm for an HK-50 and a head and weapon as well. If you've got 'em let me know and tell me what you want.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Ha, I have stuff to make one of those.. Thats great. Thank You
    Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy…

That is pretty good. I am going to see if I can make one of those things; looks very interesting.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.