How To Organize All This Now?

So I was there at Toy Fair, we all should have seen the presentation but I am wanting to know how you think all this should be organized. Keep in mind Hasbro (for the most part) uses "Line" and "Assortment" for their naming conventions.

Should "The Vintage Collection" be a new line and not an assortment? There are going to be Basic 3 3/4" Action Figures (an assortment) and Vehicles (another assortment). I bet we will even see "Mini-Rigs" at some point but this is totally speculation right now.

i.e.

The Vintage Collection (2010-?)
    - Basic 3 3/4" Action Figures
    - Vehicles
    - etc

We of course still have "The Clone Wars" and that remains a separate line as it currently is.

The Clone Wars (2008-?)
    - Basic 3 3/4" Action Figures
    - Vehicles
    - Battle Packs
    - Role Play
    - etc

So that leaves, "Legacy Collection". Now during the presentation, Hasbro stated they removed that name and are just calling it "Legacy" (even though it does not technically have a line name). So, should we keep it going within the current "Legacy Collection" line or separate it and call it what? This is from the presentation: Awesome new black and blue "Shadows of the Dark Side" line look. Hasbro did start off their presentation stating here is the new "Shadows of the Dark Side" line look. The packaging look gets handed down from LucasFilm and all Star Wars licensees will use that same look.

?
    - Saga Legends
    - Vehicles
    - Battle Packs
    - Role Play
    - etc

Hasbro really likes to make it confusing for us...

Thoughts?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

So exactly what figures are going to be released under the "Legacy" name? Is that going to be the new name for Saga Legends?

Couldn't you just have:

1. The Vintage Collection
    2. Legacy/Saga Legends
    3. Clone Wars

?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So exactly what figures are going to be released under the "Legacy" name? Is that going to be the new name for Saga Legends?

Couldn't you just have:

1. The Vintage Collection
    2. Legacy/Saga Legends
    3. Clone Wars

?
    No. The "Legacy" name doesn't appear on anything at all this fall, not even Saga Legends (the name "Saga Legends" now appears right under the Star Wars logo).

I'm not really sure what to do about this stuff. I mean, for things like the mass-released Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, those are made for figures from The Vintage Collection, but the name itself doesn't appear on the packaging (since, well, it's not vintage packaging). Meditate on this, I will.

I am assuming the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder will be in TVC package. It was confirmed that there will be an AT-AT in TVC package exclusive to TRU.

I believe there will only be "Saga Legends" under the "Legacy Collection" line... just as it was in the past but there will not be any "Basic 3 3/4" Action Figures (aka Build-A-Figure) assortment. I agree with JabbaJohn and that's how I see it broken down.
    "SirSteve"

In the slideshow they seem present the new vehicles (Cloud Car, Snowspeeder and AT-AT) and the Battle Packs (Tattoine Desert Ambush, Birth of Darth Vader, and Hoth Pack) as part of the "Vintage Collection." However, the images of the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and AT-AT that I have seen show them in the new "Shadows of the Dark Side" packaging. (see attached). This would lead me to assume that the battle packs and so forth will also come in that packaging as well. (Have any images been released?)

The way I see it, you can either sort them by packaging variations (which is what seems to be the standard recently) or by Style (animated or realistic), regardless of packaging. I am probably way off on this, but this is now I see it in my mind.

Option 1:
    I. Shadows of the Dark Side Line
    A. The Clone Wars
    1. Basic Figures
    2. Battle Packs
    3. Vehicles
    4. etc...
    B. Saga Legends
    1. Basic Figues
    C. Legacy
    1. Vehicles
    2. Battle Packs
    3. etc...

II. The Vintage Collection Line
    A. Basic Figures
    B. etc...

Option 2:
    I. Animated Line
    A. The Clone Wars
    1. Basic Figures
    2. Battle Packs
    3. Vehicles
    4. etc...
    5. etc....

II. Realistic Line
    A. Saga Legends
    1. Basic Figures
    B. The Vintage Collection
    1. Basic Figures
    C. Legacy
    1. Vehicles
    2. Battle Packs
    3. etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bat-at.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	22616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	22617  

Hasbro stated during the presentation that the look was inspired by "Shadows of the Dark Side" but that is not what the line is called.
    "SirSteve"

SirSteve, is your question on how to talk about these lines/assortments, or how to make different sections on this site? If it's the latter, I'd let the threads determine it. But if we're trying to come up with an agreed-upon naming system, you're right, Hasbro has consistently had that confusing. it may never occur.

Motto: "Ken Bro (or Hasner); we really do care about unclarity."
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Bel-Cam Jos: Both... and for CollectionStation.com so we know how to break it down so collectors can catalog what they have and want.
    "SirSteve"