Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I wouldn't buy a Sail Barge, but I'd like to see it made, as it would make a lot of you guys here very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Slicker's Mom. She'd be HUGE!
    I don't see a market since everyone has had that.

Honestly I think the only real option for me would be the Sailbarge. If theye could make it interesting Tantive IV and Star Destroyer. I doubt they would but if they decide to do playsets I could rattle of a few.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, but would she cost over $100?
    Dude, it's a free will donation. Plus have you seen the awesome tatoo of her on Slicker's arm? The Fu Manchu's she's sportin'

Actually, for 2011, no large vehicle. Keep them spaced 2 years or so like they're doing, so I'll wait till 2012 and probably choose the sail barge, but maybe by then I'll have a band saw and could attempt a decent half barge cut away.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Actually, for 2011, no large vehicle. Keep them spaced 2 years or so like they're doing, so I'll wait till 2012 and probably choose the sail barge, but maybe by then I'll have a band saw and could attempt a decent half barge cut away.
    They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge. We had Turbo Tank last year and the Falcon/AT-TE the year before.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by dindae View Post
    They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge. We had Turbo Tank last year and the Falcon/AT-TE the year before.
    They have if you don't collect Clone Wars.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Slicker's Mom has been tentatively confirmed for 2012, but she will be a carrying case, not a playset. Hasbro confirmed she can hold all the Star Wars action figures manufactured by Kenner, Hasbro, and Sideshow, with room to spare.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

According to Hasbro's answers on Toy News International, they still don't consider playsets viable right now.

TNI: Why are you able to get really big expensive vehicles like the new Falcon and AT-AT to retail but not playsets like Cloud City or the Death Star? I would think something like a playset would allow people to display their figures better than on a vehicle and have more playability for kids?

Hasbro: In the high-end price range, we can't afford failure due to a lack of real strong traction with kids. Action figure playsets have really struggled to find relevancy over the last 15 years, and almost every manufacturer has likewise largely abandoned the concept. Instead, we have focused on vehicles like the Millennium Falcon, AT-TE, and Turbo Tank which fulfill the same basic need as a playset but are even better become they are also mobile. The vehicles have been a real strong area of growth for the Star Wars line and these high-end vehicles have been a great addition to the line. We do hold the door open to someday releasing an updated playset, but it would need to have firm grounding in the new entertainment to make it a "must-have" for kids.
    The "firm grounding in the new entertainment" part suggests that we shouldn't get our hopes up for any non-Clone Wars playsets.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wait, the BMF is mobile? And a kid can do it no less? This kid has to be bigger than me, and I'm only 6'1" 250.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Wait, the BMF is mobile? And a kid can do it no less? This kid has to be bigger than me, and I'm only 6'1" 250.
    I guess "theoretically mobile" still counts as mobile.

Using that logic, they could start selling playsets as planets. Instead of a Mos Eisley playset, we get the entire planet of Tatooine in toy form. Instead of the Shield Bunker, we get the entire moon of Endor.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Sailbarge and sandcrawler top my list for vehicles.

As far as playsets go, I'd like to see the death star, star destroyer, or Tantive IV made. I'd also like to see a DSII throne room or a Bespin playset as well.