Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    If it doesn't have to be in the $100 range then I'd say an upgraded Slave one.
    I'd pay $100 for a bigger, better-scaled Slave I with an interior, moving cockpit assembly, boarding ramp, movable rear/bottom sensor dish, and light-up engines and cockpit. Since there's a ton of hidden weapons on the ship, there's built-in play value to attract the attention of kids. You could put in pop-out missile launchers, droppable "mines" and retractable midships cannons as seen in AOTC, plus a "holding cell" for those non-carbonite-encased prisoners, storage lockers for weapons and other bits, and of course a small cargo area for Giant Novelty Candle Han Solo. There's plenty of electronic sounds and lights to shove in there. And the best part is, a new coat of paint makes it a viable re-release in just a few short years or even a store exclusive (by making a production-model Firespray or some other such nonsense). It's a great opportunity for Hasbro and Heck yeah, I for one would pay $100 for that. In a friggin' heartbeat. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Hasbro? Please??

A slave I built to the size which warrants a $100 plus price tag would probably really be in scale with the figures. Hasbro would never do that - everything gets shrunk down however slightly and regardless of whether it could be made to accurate scale within a proven pricepoint. They always go for the pricepoint just below that. If they didn't make an exciting, prominently seen vehicle like the AT-ST in proper scale they most certainly wouldn't do the Slave I that way.

Jabba's barge would be awsome. Hasbro could sell skiffs to compliment it at the star fighter retail if the put enough playability into them as well. This scene isn't a priority for me but I think it could be cool.

Slave-1 is my ship I want most right now. I mostly prefer the red and green but I'd buy both Jango and Boba decos for it cause I'm a sucker. I want the sonic charges, light up thrusters with sounds, tilting wings, lazer cannons that act as pistons when they fire with sound effects, a landing ramp, carbonite block, no handle bar, multiple levels for the cockpit and prison cells. Am I missing anything?

I'm getting the snowspeeder but I still find it a little lacking. I'm not sure what to ask for in an update since I don't have one in hand.

I want a V-wing and N-1 starfighters with light up cannons and sound fx. This time with removable droid sockets.

A new A-wing and OT Y-wing with light up cannons, sound fx, and light up thrusters. I hope they save room for the landing gear. I'd pay through the teeth for these with those electronics even if they are just small starfighter scale vehicles. That might have made the difference on the new Tie Interceptor for me at the price TRU is asking.

I think a larger scale Sith Scimitar would be a nice mini playset with space for Darth Maul's speeder. About the same size class as a new Slave-1.

The Tantive IV would be pretty amazing. It's one of those few ships we have seen more interior of. So there are lots of play ideas.

A star destroyer would be awsome too, even if scaled down.

The Death Star I think is safe to say is on everybodies wish lists. Think of like 3 or 4 BMFs stacked atop each other. They could release each level once a year for 4 years. If it was guaranteed, I think most if not everyone would buy it. However if sales slumped on any set we'd be screwed out of an investment or hope of completing it. It's a commitment but you could fit in the chasm, cell block, garbage chute, hangar, control room, throne room, lift tube, tractor beam generators, and more. It obviously would get cramped and be no where near scale. I really like what lego did with their DS playset. I wish Hasbro would do something for the 3.75 figures. Heck, I'd even buy the DS throne room on it's own or other parts of of the space station seperately.

Bespin carbon freezing chamber would be a nice one. So would the Endor bunker. Echo Base is a no brainer. There really isn't much from the PT that I think I'd want outside of the starfighters. I love my EU but most of the vehicle designes put me off.
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RENDAR LIVES View Post

Slave-1 is my ship I want most right now. I mostly prefer the red and green but I'd buy both Jango and Boba decos for it cause I'm a sucker. I want the sonic charges, light up thrusters with sounds, tilting wings, lazer cannons that act as pistons when they fire with sound effects, a landing ramp, carbonite block, no handle bar, multiple levels for the cockpit and prison cells. Am I missing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    I'd pay $100 for a bigger, better-scaled Slave I with an interior, moving cockpit assembly, boarding ramp, movable rear/bottom sensor dish, and light-up engines and cockpit. Since there's a ton of hidden weapons on the ship, there's built-in play value to attract the attention of kids. You could put in pop-out missile launchers, droppable "mines" and retractable midships cannons as seen in AOTC, plus a "holding cell" for those non-carbonite-encased prisoners, storage lockers for weapons and other bits, and of course a small cargo area for Giant Novelty Candle Han Solo. There's plenty of electronic sounds and lights to shove in there. And the best part is, a new coat of paint makes it a viable re-release in just a few short years or even a store exclusive (by making a production-model Firespray or some other such nonsense). It's a great opportunity for Hasbro and Heck yeah, I for one would pay $100 for that. In a friggin' heartbeat. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Hasbro? Please??
    I guess that answers my question!

I don't know if I would buy a 100 dollar Slave I. It would be nice to have one that is slightly bigger, but not 100 dollar big. Problem is, I think the current Slave one was 50 dollars last time at retail. So at todays market value, its 70 dollars. Any upgrades in size put it in the 100 dollar range.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I don't know if I would buy a 100 dollar Slave I. It would be nice to have one that is slightly bigger, but not 100 dollar big. Problem is, I think the current Slave one was 50 dollars last time at retail. So at todays market value, its 70 dollars. Any upgrades in size put it in the 100 dollar range.
    If the size increase also comes with an increase in features and "play value" wouldn't that be worth the extra money? The BMF proved what Hasbro can do when they really put their heads together and try, and Slave I is a popular ship. It has instant recognition as an iconic Star Wars vehicle. And, as I stated before, there's a lot they could pack into it in that scale without sacrificing proportions or aesthetics. I just think it has a ton of potential and if it's done right I would definitely be willing to shell out the cash for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    If the size increase also comes with an increase in features and "play value" wouldn't that be worth the extra money? The BMF proved what Hasbro can do when they really put their heads together and try, and Slave I is a popular ship. It has instant recognition as an iconic Star Wars vehicle. And, as I stated before, there's a lot they could pack into it in that scale without sacrificing proportions or aesthetics. I just think it has a ton of potential and if it's done right I would definitely be willing to shell out the cash for it.
    Yeah, but there were a lot of iconic scenes happening inside the Falcon during the films. Apart from the cockpit, we don't even see the inside of the Slave 1, and even that is just a reveal of Boba Fett.

I can see it being popular with Boba Fett fans, of which there are many, but claiming that the Slave 1 is anywhere near the level of "iconic-ness" as the Millenium Falcon is silly, IMO.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside of Ties, X-wings, the Death Star, and Falcon I don't think anything else could compare as an icon. However the Slave-1 is gonna be a lot more noticable than a B-wing or A-wing in the films. So I'm sure it's a lot more likely to be done than most other vessels.

At Toy Fair, Hasbro revealed that Boba Fett is going to be in the show (look at that packaging and you'll see a clearly animated young Boba; he even got spiffy new red sleeves ). I figure they would have painted the ship green and put a picture of the OT Boba if we're not going to see the Slave I in the show. And we're all assuming he'll be featured prominently in the live action show. So it's highly likely we'll see more Slave I action within the next few years, increasing the chances we'll get a new one, and then a repaint, I bet.

As it is now, I like the 2002/2004 ones a lot. The toys do just about everything the ship did in the films (and I don't care too much whether or not it can hold Han in carbonite), so until we see it a lot more, I don't care about an upgrade.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram