Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

STP - new album - June 1, 2010

Via wmmr.com:
    STONE TEMPLE PILOTS DEBUTS NEW ALBUM AT LISTENING PARTY

2/24/2010

Stone Temple Pilots unveiled their first new album in nine years at a private listening party on Tuesday night (February 23rd) in New York City. The entire band was in attendance at the event, with our reporter on the scene saying that singer Scott Weiland "looked the best he's looked in a long time." All 12 tracks from the album were aired, with our reporter calling the record "a natural, melodic progression for Stone Temple Pilots, with Beatlesque harmonies, a lot of in-your-face, hard-rocking tracks, plenty of guitar solos and some astounding singing from Weiland."

The yet-to-be-titled album, STP's sixth, will be out June 1st.

STP reunited in 2008 after a six-year layoff. The band's last album, Shangri-La-Dee-Da, came out in 2001.

The Pilots will also tour throughout the spring and summer, with Weiland hinting in a recent interview that the band might mount its own festival.

The track listing for the new STP album is:
    "Between The Lines"
    "Take A Load Off"
    "Huckleberry Crumble"
    "Hickory Dichotomy"
    "Dare If You Dare"
    "Cinnamon"
    "Hazydaze"
    "Bag Man"
    "Pea Coat"
    "Fast As I Can"
    "First Kiss On Mars"
    "Maver"
    Well, my summer is officially complete!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Very good news indeed. Can't say I'm shocked though. Velvet Revolver, good as it was, had personalities that really clashed.

Updated release date of May 25th and will be simply titled "Stone Temple Pilots."
    DOMINATE!

Weiland for president!!

excellent news. STP is one of my top 3 favorite bands. (other 2 are RHCP and Radiohead). I was reluctant to see them on tour last year b/c they had no new songs to perform, but went to see them anyway, best friend never saw them play. It was my 3rd time & i've seen Velvet Revolver twice too. This will be a run out & buy it in the store. Hope there's a deluxe version, ill get it.

This is good news!

I'm hoping the DeLeo Bros & company haven't lost any of their musical magic. I doubt they have.

Velvet Revolver was ok, but the songs just didn't compare to almost anything STP composed IMO.

I loved Velvet Revolver, especially Libertad. They were no STP, but they semi-filled a void.
    It was like Christmas when STP reunited.

I had also heard that Scott's vocals were off early in the the reunion, but by the time I saw them in July of last year (best birthday ever, btw) they sounded incredible. The only minor complaint I had was that Scott wasn't as animated as he usually he is onstage, but that could be because: A. He ain't as young as he used to be, or B. I remember hearing he had some knee problems, which could have been bothering him.

This could be a big year for Scott/STP:
    - A new album.
    -Talks of STP possibly starting a music festival.
    -Scott's autobiography, "Not Dead & Not for Sale," on November 1.
    -Scott collaborating with Carlos Santana on a cover of the Rolling Stones "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." Release date TBA.
    -A Scott Weiland live solo album.
    DOMINATE!

oh man! even more Scott/stp news, awesome!!!!

I loved Happy in Galoshes. Too bad the t-shirt offer was expired by the time i got it. Dang it!!

Weiland for prez!!!! Look out Barack!!! No way out!!!!

Fansite belowempty.com has an exclusive 20 second clip from "Between The Lines," the first single (due out officially March 30th).

Abso-f*cking-lutely love it!
    DOMINATE!

kitchenware & candybars

I like. I like. I want to buy. When these 4 forces unite - some awesome music always happens.

Between The Lines, the new single is supposed to premiere Monday, but it's out there right now...if you know where to find it.

So good!
    DOMINATE!