Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    the only way i would drop cash on a new TIE fighter is if they added the sound effects of the laser cannon and fly-by.. otherwise it would be a pass for me.
    I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned, I have the perfect versions of the TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor. The only thing that would get me to even consider buying a new version would be electronic lights and sound effects. The flyby sound is a MUST and I've been hoping that Hasbro would make this upgrade since 1995.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

rerelease the TRU to all retailers so i don't have to pay the insane exclusive TRU mark-up and drive 45 minutes to get one and i'd be happy.

I might buy it, only if it was released in the regular vehicle/starfighter assortment for $25... and that's a big "if." I already have Vader's TIE, the TIE Bomber, and the recent Target exclusive big-wing SOTE TIE. I got TIEs coming outta my waz.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    I might buy it, only if it was released in the regular vehicle/starfighter assortment for $25... and that's a big "if." I already have Vader's TIE, the TIE Bomber, and the recent Target exclusive big-wing SOTE TIE. I got TIEs coming outta my waz.
    I would definitely buy a complete remake of Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. The vintage version was terrible, but the POTF2 version wasn't much better.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I would definitely buy a complete remake of Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. The vintage version was terrible, but the POTF2 version wasn't much better.
    I dunno, BigB, I thought the POTF2 version was pretty good. A well-detailed and porportioned design, and a very sturdy toy at that. Electronics would be sauce for the goose on that one, it's just a great ship, one of Hasbro's best efforts ever, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    I dunno, BigB, I thought the POTF2 version was pretty good. A well-detailed and porportioned design, and a very sturdy toy at that. Electronics would be sauce for the goose on that one, it's just a great ship, one of Hasbro's best efforts ever, IMO.
    I can't stand it, the proportions are hideous. The wings are way too small, the wing pylons are too long and too large compared to the cockpit ball, the front windshield is too small, and the top hatch is too big and sticks up way too much (where it should be flush with the shape of the ball).

Then there is the weak detailing throughout the toy and the ridiculous play features that detract massively from the look of the vehicle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POTF2tievaderfr.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	22629  

I guess I'm way less particular and think, while your comparison shot shows the difference, I'm quite satisfied.

Hasbro is not a replica model company - though yeah, in some cases they do get close.

The play features are necessary to entertain kids, a huge part of their market. And they entertain me as I love firing missiles and chase my cats all around the house shooting at them. (Well, actually I know it doesn't bother them because they don't run and I have to reclaim the missiles back from them fast or they "catch them" and chew on them.)

I also like lining up figures and knocking them down with missile raids. This would be the most fun if the old AT-AT had shot more stuff.

The Hailfire has the most missiles, but it's hard to aim them.

Slave-One is the cream of the crop in accuracy to target - that I'll tell you!

BTW: I'll poll for a re-do of Vader's TIE Fighter in ANH selection when we get there. These polls are not about what I support. So we'll be taking a look when we get there.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not very interested in the TRU one, it is 50 ridiculous dollars and uses the old wings that have really rough detail. The size issue however isn't among my chief complaints. If this were just a larger-wing TIE Interceptor, my answer is no, that's not what I'm looking for. If it's a bigger cockpit, again, no, if it doesn't fit with my existing fleet scale what's the point? So what would I like? Better wing detail and a lower price, if the wings aren't way out of scale then I guess I would be interested, but only barely. The thing is a cool design, but it doesn't have the credibility with me that the TIE Fighter has.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Personally, I am happy with how the TRU one turned out. If they did an electronic one AND the kiddie elements didnt detract from the sculpt, Id get it.

Of course, I'd love it as accurate to the movie look as possible
    Real men buy Willrow

I really like the current design. The cockpit is, I think, as good as we can ever get in 1/18th scale, save for adding electronics. I don't really think I'd like electronics though; you just know the battery cover would detract from the aesthetics of the pod and while lighting might be neat (especially, for me, to see the engines and cockpit interior lit up) I've never been a big fan of sounds (were it not a birthday gift from my wife, I would probably have re-wired my BMF with the lights on a switch and the sounds eliminated by now).

I have the 181st Squadron Interceptor, and I really like the proportions. I don't really know how far "off" it is, but I generally find it acceptable. Right now I'm waiting for the Target TIEs to drop another few bucks and I'll buy two more; one for my planned trench defense display and one to customize into a new cockpit for Baron Fel.