Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Would You Buy Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow Vehicle From Dark Forces?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow Vehicle From Dark Forces?).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow Vehicle From Dark Forces?

This ship (pictures below) could be made (inaccurately) for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

I don't see this ship needing to do too much but fire maybe 4 plastic missiles for a play feature, and hold Kyle Katarn and a future Jan Orrs figure.

Note: to date, these EU ships have been polled for with the following results:

NO - Cade Skywalker's Mynock
    NO - Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter
    NO - Mara Skywalker's Jade Shadow
    NO - Lando Calrissian's Lady Luck
    YES - Imperial Skipray Blastboat
    ??? - Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow

So do you want The Moldy Crow made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Post your thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450px-Moldy_Crow_Nowhere_ruins.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	22639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moldy_crow.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	22640  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Registered
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    Absolutely. I always liked the shape of that ship and hoped that it'd get the treatment that Shadows of the Empire did with it's hero.

I wouldn't need much else in the way of features than what you listed. It was a cool lookin ship to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    NO - Cade Skywalker's Mynock
    NO - Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter
    NO - Mara Skywalker's Jade Shadow
    NO - Lando Calrissian's Lady Luck
    YES - Imperial Skipray Blastboat
    ??? - Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow
    Man, I didn't realized I missed three of those. I will have to hunt them down.

Moldy Crew.

Ugh. Ten years ago I would have been all over this. Today, it's a no.
    He got a new ship for the sequal, correct? The Raven's Claw? I think I would buy that one. But Dark Forces came out so long ago I believe the ship is irrelevant.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'm with Metalmute, this ship is way past it's prime and it's window of opportunity has closed. It's been years since a Darkforces game and there's no support for it anywhere. Honestly, I always though it lived up to its name and never found it all that appealing.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I don't want it and it wouldn't sell well at all.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yes, I would buy it at $20 quickly.

I dig it, the Crow has OT styling, and it was fairly important in 2 of Star Wars video games' most influential entries. It's a starfighter-shaped ship but it has the beat-up-but-tough credibility of the Falcon. It gives Kyle Katarn more of a personality, he's more of a loner and the ship's design suggests that. And the mad dash to get to the Crow in Jedi Knight while the giant capital ship was falling was so exciting, getting to the Crow and making it out by the skin of your teeth made the ship far more endearing even though it crashed hard upon leaving.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

YES!

I swear I would buy a whole case of them. I would display one from the ceiling, I would display one on my desk, and I would display one on my bedside table. Oh, and I'd have one to whoosh around my room.

I would like to see it be large enough to house a 2-seater cockpit, but keep it's appropriate proportions. This could probably be acheived easily thanks to the relatively empty middle section, and the tail end could be removed for packaging purposes. Obviously the large cannon is going to house missiles, but I do believe the OT-inspired utilitarian design hosts plenty of potential for extra features, such as pop-out missile launchers. Perhaps some form of landing gear as well.

It's nearly unfathomable to think of any reason as to why I wouldn't want it, but I suppose if it was made with lazy proportions, and had little to no paint to add weather (such as has been a problem), and didn't have any decent features, then I would skip it.

I'd pay up to $50 if I had to, although it would need to come with not only Jan, but a Dark Forces Kyle and electronics as well. If it's too much for the Starfighter assortment, then I believe without figures its maximum pricepoint would be $35.

I think, if it was produced properly in the Starfighter assortment, then it would sell quite well. Mostly because it's just a very fun looking ship; despite its harsh angles it easily conveys a sense of whooshibility that you just can't ignore. If it had to be at the $35 pricepoint, I think it would do okay depending on if any features really came off as though it required a higher pricepoint. At my exaggerated $50... It probably wouldn't do all that well. Although there are large groups of Dark Forces fans still scattered throughout the internet that would probably buy it. The Starfighter assortment is the best bet, though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Basker, you just got a little Tycho on us.

I agree that it needs 2 seats in a reasonable manner, but I'd also like to see a simple weapons storage area for all the weapons in Dark Forces.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wouldn't, I'm not sure what it is but something about that ship doesn't float my boat.

No, i don't need it. if released Hasbro would most likely rename it and sell it in the Joe line as well