Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You Buy A Larger TIE Interceptor?

I am continuing my thread series, but to stay up-to-date with current events, am switching the forum that will host it.

It seems fitting, as this might be the last ROTJ vehicle poll.

This thread will discuss primarily the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case an Updated TIE Interceptor from ROTJ).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy an Updated TIE Interceptor Vehicle from ROTJ.

The latest re-release of this vehicle started is still in stores, however it hasn't been made with larger wings. I'm not even sure that a correctly scaled TIE Interceptor has larger wings. Please feel free to discuss that too.

Brian @ Hasbro has updated so many fighter cockpits and made improvements to the ships that I'm not even sure what cockpit mold to use for this one.

Another update to the wings (besides launching off to simulate battle damage) would be to have HIDDEN launching missiles that shoot out of them (either on the wing tips, or in the central connection area).

You could place slide-out guns that hide themselves well on the underside of the cockpit, too - similar to the Darth Vader TIE Fighter mold that's out there, to keep this being even more fun for the kids.

I have longed for a TIE Fighter with Ben Burt's Oscar-Award-Winning Sound Effects (the rattlesnake blaster cannons and the lion-roar fly-bye noise of the ion engines). Green light-ups on the laser cannons would be great, too!

So do you want the TIE Interceptor updated?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

What price range is fair, and what is predictable for this to be retailed for?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

IN ADDITION TO DISCUSSING THIS VEHICLE, I'd like your recommendations for any other ROTJ vehicle poll we might do. Otherwise, I think this is the last one from ROTJ.

Our ROTJ results are as follows:

No - Imperial Shuttle
    Yes - Tatooine Skiff
    Yes - Jabba's Sailbarge
    No - Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
    Yes - new speederbikes
    ?? - TIE Interceptor

There are no other vehicles strictly indiginous to ROTJ except for:

A-wing
    B-wing

Neither of which really need any update and have had recent releases, too.

But the poll series will go on with TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, and the EU regardless of whether we stop with the category of ROTJ.

Let me know if that's OK with you, and please discuss the TIE Interceptor.

I would entertain the idea of the Death Star II, but it is really a playset
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I actually just bought the recent TRU exclusive TIE Interceptor and I'm really happy with it. To me, it's about as perfect as it needs to be. These aren't prop replicas, they are toys, so I'm willing to accept some concessions in their accuracy.

So, no, I don't think I would buy a new Interceptor, because I think the current one is fine just like it is.

This one is interesting. On one hand, the wings are small, on the other the have released it about 4 times, with no major changes each time. I doubt we will ever see one with correctly scale wings due to it's limited screen time compared to the basic TIE figther. I feel the same way about the TIE bomber as well. I think I would much rather have Hasbro concentrate on other TIE's; the TIE Defender, the TIE Avenger, the TIE Phantom, the TIE Hunter, etc.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I think I would have to buy the one currently out there before a new one. I need a squint, just to round out the TIE Family I have.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I agree with Metalmute, while the newest one isn't perfect, it's pretty close and I'd rather see some never before made TIE's (especially the defender.)

So it boils down to this, if they made a significantly improved version, of course I would buy it, it would need in scale wings, the newest cockpit is great, I'd love sound effects, and I still depise launching anythings. But, I don't really see the need for the upgrades right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I think I would have to buy the one currently out there before a new one. I need a squint, just to round out the TIE Family I have.
    Ditto, but I wouldn't mind a more reasonably priced re-release of it. Say, $40 instead of the jacked up TRU price?

the only way i would drop cash on a new TIE fighter is if they added the sound effects of the laser cannon and fly-by.. otherwise it would be a pass for me.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    the only way i would drop cash on a new TIE fighter is if they added the sound effects of the laser cannon and fly-by.. otherwise it would be a pass for me.
    I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned, I have the perfect versions of the TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor. The only thing that would get me to even consider buying a new version would be electronic lights and sound effects. The flyby sound is a MUST and I've been hoping that Hasbro would make this upgrade since 1995.