Hybrid View

Is the new han still anorexic ? or have the learnt?

is the echo base han solo a whole new sculpt ? or is it still disproportionate every time i look forward to a new han figure it still has the skinny legs that just dont right
    im sorry for moaning but i love han solo he was my favourite when i was a kid and he still is and deserves sculpting respect

It looks like he's using the VOTC legs. They aren't really too awful with the holster - the main issue was with the Bespin torture version, which didn't have a holster and made him look really weird.

Yep hes still Ms. Anorexia Solo.

If the Bespin Han is another kitbash I'll go proper mental. I am so sick of the VOTC waist and legs.

I really don't like anything about the VOTC bodies, they are really skinny and just lanky in a bad way. That said, Endor Han looks ok because the coat evens out the rather skinny hips and shoulders, and hides the oversized gunbelt, and I think this new figure will be in that same vein despite once again using those parts.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hate it, bottom line. From the awful face, to the skinny legs, to the holster set up...nothing to love with this thing
    Real men buy Willrow

not looking forward to this figure..might pass it by. would rather have seen a new Bespin Jacket Han that was better sculpted then the previous VOTC body. this figure is way too scene specific so unless he's chillin on the Falcon in a dio he is really useless.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazydave75 View Post
    is the echo base han solo a whole new sculpt ? or is it still disproportionate every time i look forward to a new han figure it still has the skinny legs that just dont right
    im sorry for moaning but i love han solo he was my favourite when i was a kid and he still is and deserves sculpting respect

Have you seen the costumes Harrison Ford wore in the films? I hate to tell you this, but his legs really were that skinny. LOL
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Have you seen the costumes Harrison Ford wore in the films? I hate to tell you this, but his legs really were that skinny. LOL
    That's just what I was thinking. Ford was kind of a tall, skinny stick-figure of a guy at the time. In ANH that gun looks freakin' HUGE on his hip.

I've never bought that argument and I don't plan to start. Even if its true the poor kitbashing we've gotten over the years since VOTC is a bane on the character's figures. VOTC was in proportion to itself, all its parts matched, but Hasbro has failed time and time again to make any new parts that match the old parts when put together in one figure. Torture rack Han anyone?

They just need to start from scratch and make Han figures that look like normal human males.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    That's just what I was thinking. Ford was kind of a tall, skinny stick-figure of a guy at the time. In ANH that gun looks freakin' HUGE on his hip.

I was stunned when I saw the costume for ANH at Magic of the Myth and at other exhibits. The fact that the shirt and the pants pretty much clung to that skinny mannequin took me by surprise. My goodness, I'm a lard-butt by comparison!!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**