Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeah, you'd need a GC controller and card. TRU blew out their GC memory cards when they stopped carrying GC stuff, but that was a while back. You'd have to go for used most likely; new might be available, but pricey. I would recommend not getting one of the wireless GC controllers--the WaveBird is overpriced on the secondary market, and the third-party wireless controllers are too undersized to comfortably use. An extension cable for the controllers (and I'd recommend the ones manufactured by Nintendo, as they're more durable) runs about $2 at GameStop and is, if lower tech, a more reasonable alternative, IMHO.

Looks like both RS 2 & 3 are available reasonably on eBay (I didn't look closely at condition, feedback, etc). The first was on the N64; although some N64 games are available on the Wii Shop Channel, and three of the best older SW games are from the N64 (Rogue Squadron, Racer, and Shadows of the Empire), Lucasfilm has no plans that I'm aware of to release these on the Wii Shop.

I'd seriously recommend getting the controller and card so you can play GameCube games. It shouldn't cost much, and it opens up a whole 'nother library you can play.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd buy this ship happily. I really didn't have much experience with the games, but I always liked the design, and I'm happy to get what could pass as a nondescript spaceship.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I've wanted this ship since the very first time i played the game..... A BIG YES !!! for me Tycho... would also love to see his second ship from Jedi Academy the Raven's Claw... as well as all of the figures for the games as well.. wouold really love to see Hasbro perhaps make a couple of box sets for both Dark Forces and Dark Forces II Jedi Knight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven%27sClawYavin4-JO.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	22644  
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Not that I know of. Pretty sure all of the Rogue Squadron games were Nintendo only and so they would not appear on any system but the Wii. Though I haven't checked lately for a downloadable version of one of those on the Wiichanel but it seems like most of them would be pretty huge files and I don't think the Wii has as much memory as a 360 (which is the only other system I've got so it's all I can compare it to).
    I know the original Rogue Squadron game was also available for PC's (loved the game but the sequels were Nintendo only (have both Gamecube versions).

I agree that they do need to make perhaps a new game for Wii but would love to see Wii get a download of the first Rogue Quadron game.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I know the original Rogue Squadron game was also available for PC's (loved the game but the sequels were Nintendo only (have both Gamecube versions).

I agree that they do need to make perhaps a new game for Wii but would love to see Wii get a download of the first Rogue Quadron game.
    Isn't the first game playable on the second game as multiplayer? Or is that the second on the third?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Isn't the first game playable on the second game as multiplayer? Or is that the second on the third?
    not sure actually will have to check that out. you got me curious as i love the first Rogue Squadron game... i know the third game Rebel Strike came with a bonus disc for the old Arcade Star Wars Game which i love playing...brings back memories of childhood.

would really love to see wii perhaps pick up the rights for the Sega Star Wars Trilogy game. I think that would be awesome. it's has the two levels where you play as Luke Skywalker battling Boba Fett and then Vader. the wii remote is perfect for that.

The second's on the third disc as a much tougher multiplayer version.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    would really love to see wii perhaps pick up the rights for the Sega Star Wars Trilogy game. I think that would be awesome. it's has the two levels where you play as Luke Skywalker battling Boba Fett and then Vader. the wii remote is perfect for that.
    I love that game. Every time I see it, I drop about 5 bucks in it.

Never have beaten the Death Star 2 level yet though. I'm color blind and by the time I see the targets, it's too late.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I changed my mind. I very well might get this at the $25 price point. It'd be undersized, but a scale version isn't likely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That'd be great to see, we got the Jedi Knight rail detonator with the '98 Katarn, but it seems like it's really lacking in detail. I remember the JK weapons better than the original DF ones, do you have any pics of them?
    Check out this page, it has tiny pics of each, plus each links down the page to how they looked in the game itself: http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/weapons/weapons.htm

You're totally right about the rail detonator too. Everything else from DF2:JK is something that exists or was in DF1 or is a regular SW weapon we have, but here's his database of them:
    http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/jedik...ediweapons.htm

They'd need to include thermal detonators and mines, I used mines like a mad fiend most of the time when I could get my hands on them, I'd cut off areas with the motion-detector versions.

Man, looking at those 2 pages makes me super nostalgic for playing them on my PC. I'd sit in front of it for HOURS pounding the keyboard (I never got a game pad, still don't have one) and getting frustrated when the tower would beep from too many buttons pushed at once. Dark Forces and especially Jedi Knight became almost real environments for me. The only other game I've ever had that on was GTA:San Andreas, though TFU came close.

I wonder if I could run DF and JK on my XP computer. I wonder also if I could find the discs for them.

Got a little Tycho in you?
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I changed my mind. I very well might get this at the $25 price point. It'd be undersized, but a scale version isn't likely.
    Cool! Welcome to the party. What changed your mind, if I may ask?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.