Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just looking at the pics again. The design is pretty sweet, though I don't think it could have any hope at a size that sells for more than $25.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I wonder if I could run DF and JK on my XP computer. I wonder also if I could find the discs for them.
    I can't help you with finding the disks, but I do remember playing JK on my XP computer. As for DF, I only played it on PS 1.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Just looking at the pics again. The design is pretty sweet, though I don't think it could have any hope at a size that sells for more than $25.
    Killer. I think $25 is an adequate price, there was a level in Dark Forces where you interact with the Crow, it wasn't particularly large on that level (it just sat there waiting for you to whomp baddies, but you could walk up to it). I think it's a good OT-styled ship, definitely better than most anything I've seen of the '90s EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I can't help you with finding the disks, but I do remember playing JK on my XP computer. As for DF, I only played it on PS 1.
    Oh man, I have got to track down those disks and waste some time with that. You have tempted me to do something I loathe - sit in front of the computer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Check out this page, it has tiny pics of each, plus each links down the page to how they looked in the game itself: http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/weapons/weapons.htm

You're totally right about the rail detonator too. Everything else from DF2:JK is something that exists or was in DF1 or is a regular SW weapon we have, but here's his database of them:
    http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/jedik...ediweapons.htm

They'd need to include thermal detonators and mines, I used mines like a mad fiend most of the time when I could get my hands on them, I'd cut off areas with the motion-detector versions.
    Awesome source, thanks! I'd love to see the concussion rifle and mines done the most, but wouldn't be opposed at all to the rest of the weapons getting released. At least they already have a thermal detonator that could be included with a future release, thanks to the TSC Boushh.

Man, looking at those 2 pages makes me super nostalgic for playing them on my PC. I'd sit in front of it for HOURS pounding the keyboard (I never got a game pad, still don't have one) and getting frustrated when the tower would beep from too many buttons pushed at once. Dark Forces and especially Jedi Knight became almost real environments for me. The only other game I've ever had that on was GTA:San Andreas, though TFU came close.

I wonder if I could run DF and JK on my XP computer. I wonder also if I could find the discs for them.
    I didn't play Dark Forces much, but it was definitely the same with JK for me. It was so addicting, and even joined a team and got into level making. So many hours spent slashing and shooting at people, and having my rear handed to me in return. Even better was playing through the single player game with a weapons mod, especially ones that gave you infinite ammo, and allowed you to rapidly lay mines. Somehow it never got old luring over a group of Grans then watching them fly off to the other side of the map.

JK seems to work fine with XP, I've installed it and played through a few times. Oddly, it's Jedi Outcast that I can't get to work on XP, but it's not a huge loss there.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I never got into Jedi Academy or Outcast, sadly it sounds like I never will now.

Yeah, using the cheats to drop tons of mines was my favorite thing to do too. Jedi Knight was one of those perfect Star Wars games for its time, it really pushed the envelope in a lot of ways, it was fully engrossing and the first game to understand how to present the Force.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never got into Jedi Academy or Outcast, sadly it sounds like I never will now.
    I was able to get those for Xbox. I still haven't finished Outcast. I'd play it a lot for a while, then go a long time without playing it. I think when I played it last year, it had been a year or two. I don't think I started Jedi Academy yet.

I played Dark Forces on my Mac. I remember having some memory issues, so I had to adjust the settings to make it run better. I recall getting a bit impatient near the end and using some cheat codes to help out. I think I mainly used the one that showed where the enemies were on the map, and one for unlimited ammo.

Jedi Knight was never released on the Mac, so I missed out on that one. However, some time later I saw the Windows version at Electronics in a smaller white box, and went ahead and bought it since it was only $10. I figured I might at some point get a PC, or try one of the emulation programs that were available at the time to run it on my Mac, but it is still unopened. I also got X-Wing Alliance and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter at the same time, and the situation is the same with them.

Definitely not. I'd have no use for an EU vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Definitely not. I'd have no use for an EU vehicle.
    I'm not interested in the Moldy Crow per se, but I do consider any vehicle that could be added to Coruscant traffic for dioramas from the PT and SOTE, when Coruscant is shown.

I want to hang up "traffic lanes" of ships flying. I have gotten mini-rigs and even appropriate-looking vehicles from other toy lines for use in this manner.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The thing is, there are almost no vehicles left to make or even remake now, so the EU is a good source to mine for vehicles, so long as they actually look like SW vehicles I think it makes sense. Look at the Republic Fighter Tank, a well-liked toy that's only appeared so far in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm not interested in the Moldy Crow per se, but I do consider any vehicle that could be added to Coruscant traffic for dioramas from the PT and SOTE, when Coruscant is shown.

I want to hang up "traffic lanes" of ships flying. I have gotten mini-rigs and even appropriate-looking vehicles from other toy lines for use in this manner.
    Thats a great idea. This one does look very Coruscant-esque. I myself am not setting up any Coruscant dioramas though, too much would have to be left to the imagination for my liking. Also I'm trying to yet again cut back or cut out PT stuff, I say that every year.