Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

God of War 3 demo - yeah buddy!

This sucker was 2.6 gb to download, took me nearly 3 hours, and it took a while to install as well. It's the E3 demo from last summer, but it's really good. It's pretty much the same as ever God of War play, but has a big graphic update and adds a little more variety. The demo level isn't much, but when it ended I was giggling like an idiot, can't wait to get that game now. I just hope it's BIG, that's all, not short like TFU was.

Now I can't replay the demo today because my PS3 is an old-school version that Sony says not to turn on (see the other thread I just posted about that).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

that demo is awesome i got it a while back and played it like 20 times this game is certain to be an epic final chapter to possibly the greatest game franchise of all time.
    "Rather a rude and indigested mass:
    A lifeless lump, unfashion'd, and unframed,
    Of jarring seeds; and justly Chaos named."
    Ovid, Metamorpisis

How did you get the demo?

I can't wait to play it again. The cestus gloves felt like a good addition to the weapons cache, but I think they should have included a 3rd new weapon in the demo.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Never mind. Thought this was a Cartoon Planet thread.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i got it with the god of war collection
    Ovid, Metamorpisis

Rats! If they had advertised that, I would have bought it, but since I still have my PS2 and both originals (plus my original saves ) I held off. Of course, that demo is a pretty short level, so maybe I saved myself some frustration. In any event, we're under 2 weeks away from the release.

Decided last minute I want the Ultimate Edition; luckily available at Walmart.com

Playing the God of War collection. IMO, the greatest gem released in 2009....while its the same games in every way, the HD factor makes them look AND sound great. Playing GOW in 5.1 is awesome....I forgot how hard game 1 was though!!! Kicked my butt playing on hard mode....
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Decided last minute I want the Ultimate Edition; luckily available at Walmart.com

Playing the God of War collection. IMO, the greatest gem released in 2009....while its the same games in every way, the HD factor makes them look AND sound great. Playing GOW in 5.1 is awesome....I forgot how hard game 1 was though!!! Kicked my butt playing on hard mode....
    dude i could not beat aries on hard mode. the boss himself wan't to difficult but the part were you have to defend your family from yous is down right impossible
    Ovid, Metamorpisis

I didn't know about the Ultimate Edition. $100 for a box and a book and digital downloads is steep, but that is a nice set of goodies both physical and digital for $40 more than the regular. I don't think I can justify that purchase for myself right now, but I am envious.

I remember that Aries battle, it was extremely difficult and you really have to bomb on "yourself" to get past it. That was a great story segment, but a miserable, frustrating level.

Um, oh my goodness that game is amazing. Easily the best-looking and -sounding game on the system. Even though my 42" has to readjust to 720p mode to play it (not many 1080p games out there), it is unbelievably gorgeous, smooth and crisp and just fantastic.

The game is a worthy addition to the series so far, I've played about 6 hours across the last 2 days and it is so epic, as well as bloody and violent. Some of the bigger boss levels are a pain, but in the same way the original game was. The controls are pretty much perfection, as close as one could get, I'd really like to see that level of responsiveness for SW:TFU2 but I won't be surprised if they can't deliver - GOW is developed by Santa Monica Studio who is directly part of the Sony Computer Entertainment group, so they have more access to the architecture of the console than anybody.