Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    See, I was thinking a large battle pack with 5 pod racers
    The podracers are in the starfighter assortment price-range. There has never been a battlepack, ultra or otherwise, with 5 starfighter vehicles in it.

All the ultimate ones came with 1 AT-ST back in the day (or the skiff or something).

Without figures, the pack would cost $100 at least (with all-newly tooled molds for new racers in there?!) I got that from 5 x $20 and we all know that starfighter assortment vehicles are going for about $25 now.

So this is just never going to happen - as much as it should.

The other thing is the packaging size. It'd be way too big even if the pods were posed "flying" on top of one another in the box.

I could see 2 pods with their pilots and 3-5 figures standing on the sides of the arena race lane in some kind of window box about the size of the AT-TE's or Turbotanks - but probably wider. Since some would want only Anakin and Sebulba's, the intelligent MARKETING ploy would to package them each separately with one of the new pods packed in with them, so the consumer would be forced to buy both. They're making them for a profit, right?

BigBarada - I'm really surprised that you would buy any podracers as they are from the PT. I love Dud Bolt's racer, btw! Good looking character they made up for him, too. I wished we saw his pod again during the race. The EU has it that he was paid off as an assassin to prevent anyone but Sebulba from winning (Sebulba hired him actually). That's a good story.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

when TPM came out i would've bought the pods. nowdays all i'd buy are pit droids or the racers. NO pods for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yes, would definitely buy one, or any pod racer they decided to do. There are some other interesting looking ones. I have the other 2.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I've always wondered why we've gotten man podracers but no pods to put them in. It's the same for the Cloud Car Pilot and the Cloud Car (which we're finally getting apparently).
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I spent $39.98 + tax almost 11 years ago for a pair of Podracers with pack-in figures...so I've already overspent in this category.

No. Not only am I disinterested in buying more podracers, but of all of them, Ody Mandrell's is pretty much the most generic, boring one in the race. I have the Galoob versions of it, and it's a snore and a half at any size.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No. I wouldn't have anything against more pods, but preferably with unproduced racers. Ben Quadinaros would be the highest on my list, with Mawhonic shortly after.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    BigBarada - I'm really surprised that you would buy any podracers as they are from the PT. I love Dud Bolt's racer, btw! Good looking character they made up for him, too. I wished we saw his pod again during the race. The EU has it that he was paid off as an assassin to prevent anyone but Sebulba from winning (Sebulba hired him actually). That's a good story.
    I just really like Dud Bolt. Easily one of the coolest Star Wars alien designs since they've had Star Wars alien designs.

Plus, I still enjoy the podrace sequence since it has that Saturday-morning-cartoon, Animalympics feel to it.

Can't say that this would have me excited. Yes I've been buying the podracer figures for some reason unknown even to myself but this would be taking it too far.

No. Not interested. I am not even interested in the racers anymore.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Ody Mandrell's Podracer loses 5-10.

It's a shame as I'd hope for some more enthusiasm for the pods since I really want to make this scene.

In a 6 foot long "store fixture" display case of the sort I use, I can fit approximately 6 podracers in an arena lane (2 across) as I want the remaining space in the width to have a grand stand in which to display a lot of my interesting aliens in. The display will also have Jabba's, Watto's, and the announcers' boxes, as well as the elevator platform that Shmi Skywalker and friends use.

I'd use 5 pods, having Sebulba in the lead on the 2nd lap, with Anakin following him.

Then I'd have 3 more podracers so it looked like a real race.

I'm going to poll for the pods (but probably only a few more) before I'll have to hit even more obscure Mos Espa vehicles or drop polling for TPM altogether.

TPM vehicles (in order of appearence) are:

Radiant 7 - polled for
    Trade Federation ship "Revenue" - I might poll for this.
    Federation Landing Craft - I'll probably poll for this.
    Vulture Fighter - MADE
    AAT- Tank - MADE
    MTT - polled for
    Droid Rack on Skiff - polled for
    STAP - MADE
    Gungan Bongo Submarine - polled for
    Queen's Royal Starship - MADE
    Anakin's Podracer - MADE
    Sith Infiltrator - MADE and I polled for a larger one
    Sebulba's podracer - MADE
    Ody Mandrell's Podracer - polled for
    Teemto Pagales' Podracer - next poll most likely
    Mars Guo's Podracer - will be polled for
    Ratts Tyrell's Podracer - will be polled for
    Ben Quadrinaros' Podracer - will be polled for
    Mohawnic's Podracer - will be polled for
    Gasgano's Podracer - will be polled for
    Dud Bolt's Podracer - will be polled for
    Clegg Holdfast's Podracer - will be polled for
    Senate Speaker's Car - MADE - but maybe I'll poll for these individually sold
    Flash Speeder - MADE
    Gian Speeder - polled for
    Gungan Battle Wagon (with falumpaset) - MADE
    N1 Fighter - MADE

I'm not sure what else there is to do from TPM.

I ran the Coruscant Taxi Cab as a ROTJ: SE poll to keep ROTJ in the game a little longer.

The Podracer criteria is

1) has a figure and an action feature
    2) would have an action feature
    3) at least already has a figure

There were 18 racers, but I'm not getting into all of them. The 11 ones above would be done before the other 7 almost for certain (if any more get done).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.