I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Ody Mandrell's Podracer vehicle from The Phantom Menace).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Ody Mandrell's Podracer vehicle from The Phantom Menace?

I envision this vehicle for the $24 price range. At least it should be if it didn't turn out to be an exclusive.

The more obscure podracer vehicles for background characters could have been 2009 exclusives for the 10th Anniversary of TPM, but that window of opportunity is over.

However, I'm going to handle polling for the Podracers based on criteria that takes into account action figures Hasbro has already made, possible action features the pod could utilize, and how cool it looks (as some were better designs than others). I will later poll on re-releases / upgrades to Anakin's and Sebulba's pods, but for the less-involved racer characters, let's just assume we're going to get these TPM vehicles or upgrades to them again, then vote whether you'd want to flesh out your race contestants with these other ones.

Ody's podracer's best feature could be that it fires a pitdroid out the back of it, to simulate Ody's race-ending disaster during his pitstop after the first lap.

The only other thing it might do is have the flaps be moveable by remote buttons similar to the way Anakin's works.

The best reason to own this pod would be to recreate a racing diorama.

An Ody figure should be included with his racer, most likely - as well as some pit droids.

Do you want it made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Podracing could be again featured in The Clone Wars and I think Ody is still alive then to compete again. I'm not sure if he didn't retire after 10 years from TPM though - or he might have been killed during that interim.

Who knows?

But please post your thoughts and vote on it.

The Phantom Menace has already gotten the following poll results:

NO - Gungan Bongo Submarine
YES - Trade Federation MTT
YES - Republic Cruiser Radiant VII
YES - Naboo Gian Landspeeder
YES - Trade Federation Battle Droid Carrying Skiff
NO - bigger Sith Infiltrator
??? - Ody Mandrel's Podracer