Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's the most popular character on the most popular style of cards, the first new Vader release in two years, and the first one with a three-piece removable helmet. If you didn't see that coming, then I think you need to get your head checked.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Vader is a staple of the line so he's going to be released and rereleased every year. The sooner you get used to that the better.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Since we're on the subject of TVC Vader. I am a little annoyed that they stuck him on an ESB card again; but I'm pretty sure that we'll get SW and ROTJ versions soon enough. In fact I'm counting on it.

I would buy another Vader to keep carded on the SW card and there are two ROTJ versions of Vader that I would like to see:
    1. with the "pointing" photo from the vintage release
    2. labeled as "Darth Vader (with Removable Helmet)," using a reference photo of Sebastian Shaw in the Vader suit, and packaged with his helmet off and stored in a bubble above the figure.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I just wanted an excuse to link to the "No Button." I'm not actually complaining.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It's the most popular character on the most popular style of cards, the first new Vader release in two years, and the first one with a three-piece removable helmet. If you didn't see that coming, then I think you need to get your head checked.
    How will the three-piece Vader differ from the two-piece Vader? I assume the lower "harmonica" piece will be removable (though this is never seen on film, so why it's necessary is beyond me) but will the pieces fit together any better than the two-piece helmet that took a bit of boiling and forcing to fit properly?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    How will the three-piece Vader differ from the two-piece Vader? I assume the lower "harmonica" piece will be removable (though this is never seen on film, so why it's necessary is beyond me) but will the pieces fit together any better than the two-piece helmet that took a bit of boiling and forcing to fit properly?
    I dunno, that's just what they said at Toy Fair. And my two-piece version fits fine, so I don't know why you had to boil anything.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hadn't considered this... what would be the third piece, and why?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I dunno, that's just what they said at Toy Fair. And my two-piece version fits fine, so I don't know why you had to boil anything.
    As this photo shows, there can be a seem where the two pieces come together on the side and front. At first I could smash the top down flush but over time the plastic would reform to it's "original" shape and the dome would rise, in some cases popping off. (I think there is a thread waaaay back in TLC that discusses this being a relatively common issue.) Anyway, I boiled the pieces to be able to get them to rest more snugly without popping off randomly.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.