Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Excellent thread. My list is full of characters I never anticipate on seeing, but this is my dream list! I am one of those crazy collectors that loves the old "statue" figures and loathes cloth capes and cloaks with every fiber of my being.

1.) ROTS Nute Gunray (No lightsaber marks! ): )Truely, my number one and this should not come as a suprise to no one.

2.) Guri, I would prefer her in a dress, red or blue, over her jumpsuit, but I will take any Guri I can get.

3.) Black Sun Bodyguard, these guys appeared in the SOTE comics and I always thought they looked spiffy. I will never see them following the demise of the Comic 2-packs, but oh well...

4.) Perfect Darth Vader, I agree with JT no more chiffon! My display Vader is first Vader with the removeable top helmet from 10+ years ago. I want a hard cape, I want him to be shiny and I want the ESB model.

5.) Perfect Emperor Palpatine, same complaints as above. My display Palpy is the first release in 1997. As far as I am concerned, chiffon is a plague to the collecting community. Additionally, the face molds for this guy have be absolutely terrible in recent years. I am pretty much looking for a hybrid of the TPM Sidious figure and the 1997 Palpatine with cane.

6.) Perfect Royal Guard, not sure what I want with this one. The original figure, while good, looked kind of like he had too many pieces of cake, but the new figure looks like a treesquirel with his stupid chiffon robes. I would like an updated statue, pretty much.

7.) Perfect ANH Leia, the closest they have come, IMO is the Leia packaged with the Anniversary tins where she have her white hood and a blaster. Something along this vien would be appreciated. We love slave Leia, but the iconic Leia is hairbuns Leia, lets be honest.

8.) Ysanne Ishard, again I will never see her with the demise of the comic 2-packs, but I still want this crazy, evil chick.

9.) Komari Vosa, a minority of collectors will recognize whom I am talking, so I know she will never be made. However, I still contend that Bounty Hunter was a great game and Vosa a wonderful villan.

10.) AOTC Senator Amidala, Palpatine's Office, I view this as the iconic Senator Amidala. Want it.

I have others, but these would be the major ones.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RENDAR LIVES View Post
    I expect her to be shorter than Luke but if you look at the movie she is distinctively taller than Artoo and Wicket. That's the problem. Maybe the droids and Ewoks should be slightly shorter then. Idk. It just bothers me.
    R2 stands 2.5" tall, that scales at 1.14m, which is indeed wrong, R2 should only be 0.96m tall. Scaled back down, that's a difference of 1cm on the figure, which is almost half an inch. Ironically, you know who's that tall? R2-D2. Clone Wars R2, that is.

Huh, I didn't realize R2 was too tall before. The BAD Astromech is right in between the 2 heights, so that's another reason the BAD is superior.

I am not going to measure the Ewoks, but they're getting smaller now, the old Wicket scale is way off.

The alien is in the cantina scene and you also see one on a viewscreen outside the nightclub in AOTC. I forget the name...Hem Dazon??? I forget the species name. He is brown with gold sparkly eyes and a wide head like Hammerhead.
    Oh, yeah, Hem Dazon he is, and he's an Arcona. We have that figure though, got him in 2006 in the TSC line. That's why I thought you meant something else.

Good to know. I didn't know about Jabba. That's why I left Zam, Hoth Leia, Dengar and Bespin Luke off my list. I knew they were comming out.
    I didn't know about Zam. That's why I left Hoth Leia and Bespin Luke off my lists too though.

Huh? The Evo version and TLC versions with removable helmets are in ESB colors. Green gauntlets, brown cape, all green back pack. I want it in ROTJ colors with red gauntlets and green cape with yellow and red on the jetpack.
    Right, you are correct, I mistook them for each other by accident.

Doesn't he also have no chain or the placement of it is at the neck rather than clasped lower on the chest in the later movies? I see your points but with all the black the details don't really stand out. To me those differences are very small. I would like one with a saber hilt that isn't molded to his hip though, and it should face upwards instead of down.
    Yes, you are correct about the cape chain being different (it's shorter, and half the movie it is stuck under the helmet). Hasbro never does the neck chain anymore unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Since my dwindling want list is ROTJ-centric, I will start there. I'm approaching this by asking myself "If the line had just been cancelled, which figures would I most regret never getting a chance to see made or remade?"
    Makes good sense.
    3. Gamorrean Guard
    They are doing a new one this next year, I believe.

7. Biker Scout - go back to the drawing board and start again from scratch
    Yes, totally agree!

ANH:
    1. Cantina Band Member - SA with all 5 instruments and a stool
    There are 6, possibly 7 band members actually. But I think 1 of them uses the same instrument as another.

3. Rebel Fleet Trooper - all new SA version
    Ack, how could I leave that off my list? That and Lt. Pello Scrambas, the old guy from the scene!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Never. Using. Quick Reply. Again.
    Ooh, I've been there, that sucks! How much did you lose?

Han in Carbonite - The TSC version seemed more devoted to the figure than the Carbonite block, which is really missing the point. The block is the main feature, the figure is only an accessory to sell it. Anyways, I prefer the POTF2 version overall, especially since it was more fun due the interactivity with clipping Han behind it. This was somewhat pointless, though, due to the fact that you can't see him. Toss in the vintage head-to-toe (sans shins) translucency, give Han sculpted bent alternate arms (ala OTC Dagobah Luke) to line up right with the carbo-indent when he's clipped in, and voila, you have gold. Carbonite gold. Then just fill it in and give it lights for a battlepack!
    I'm not down with the translucency, completely removes the accuracy, but I do like the alternate arms idea, an alternate head to go with it. Ooh, now I'm greedy, translucent but for ROTJ, and opaque for ESB.

Snowtrooper Officer - Should be a fairly simple thing to do, just keep the odd coloring away from the helmet.
    Would need new helmet, new shoulders, new chest. I can get behind this, but it wouldn't be on my list, just not thrilling enough.

EU:
    Dash Rendar - This too was one of my favorite figures during the POTF2 stage, and the awesome costume and armor still make me quite fond of it. However, the time has certainly come for a new version, and it should be done ASAP.
    Leebo - It still amazes me that we had such a strong SotE influence at one point, and yet only Galoob gave him love.
    Snoova/Chewie in Disguise - Wookiee bounty hunter. The POTF2 version was somewhat goofy, but I'd like to see what Hasbro could do with it nowadays.
    Jerec (Dark Forces 2) - Even if we don't get the rest of the his Dark Jedi minions, the presence of a decent Kyle Katarn demands a figure of Jerec to be brought into being.
    Jetpeck Clone (Battlefront - the first one) - Considering all of the influence that Battlefront has already given Hasbro, it seems as though this very simple figure should be high on their list.
    Rebel Sniper (Battlefront) - Same as the Jetpack Clone with the influence, but obviously this is a more complex sculpt whether they go with urban/Endor style, or cold weather/Hoth style. It'd be awesome to see this made to add some female diversity to the various Rebel battalions.
    Dang, that whole list is awesome!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession is Nute View Post
    Excellent thread.
    Thanks!

3.) Black Sun Bodyguard, these guys appeared in the SOTE comics and I always thought they looked spiffy. I will never see them following the demise of the Comic 2-packs, but oh well...
    I do not remember these guys at all. Any visual links to remind us?

5.) Perfect Emperor Palpatine, same complaints as above. My display Palpy is the first release in 1997. As far as I am concerned, chiffon is a plague to the collecting community. Additionally, the face molds for this guy have be absolutely terrible in recent years. I am pretty much looking for a hybrid of the TPM Sidious figure and the 1997 Palpatine with cane.
    Yeah, that's definitely going to be on my ROTJ list. I'm not sure if I want hard plastic though, doesn't look right sitting in his throne, and I want that throne. But if they can't pull out of the soft-goods nosedive they've been in the last half-decade, then yeah, no more of that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Jeremy got his due with the Jeremoch Colton figure, but I suppose I can see wanting a Lt. Sheckil as well. They'd have to put it in a pack or something, I think, as Imperial Officers don't sell well when single-carded.
    But... I don't want Colton.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ooh, I've been there, that sucks! How much did you lose?
    I had to rewrite everything from the OT movies, which brought me to finding out that it's somewhat difficult to remember cheesy humor. I should've learned my lesson before now using it for lists, as it's the 4th or 5th time (at least) , but it's just so convenient to simply scroll to the bottom of the page and start writing. Just realized that I forgot Riekan when rewriting, though.

I'm not down with the translucency, completely removes the accuracy, but I do like the alternate arms idea, an alternate head to go with it. Ooh, now I'm greedy, translucent but for ROTJ, and opaque for ESB.
    Yeah, that could work. I wanted to mention having lights on the side for the panels, but I doubt that's very possible without it being a solid block. Wouldn't actually mind it turning out like that, but not sure Hasbro wants to market a figure with a huge block it can't interact with.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, Shekil cowardly uses Leia as a human shield while setting Luke up for a trap, it'd be cooler than Colton.

Ouch, that's a lot to lose for you. The "flavor" is usually what I end up losing in my posts when that happens too.

No way they can get lights in this thing, the scale is so small that they'd have to do it fiber-optically which is prohibitively expensive for a kids toy. And if they used regular LEDs, the whole block would light up from cast-off because they don't do primer inside to keep light from casting through. Like the way the DST Wrath of Khan Enterprise lights up.

Ah, that's true. Well, they could market it as a portable night light.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ok, more additions...
    ANH:

• Rebel Fleet Trooper - good articulation, better sculpting, no huge puffy pants.
    • Lt. Pello Scrambas - the old guy RFT, basically the first guy you see in Star Wars, the one who Sam Jackson thought was going to be the star of the movie.
    • The other Imperial Scanning Tech - the one that doesn't look as stupid in the face and has the scanning box. Scheduled then dropped. No!

ESB:

• Dagobah pilot Luke - no gloves, no window on the helmet, no thermal cap, and the flight suit is somehow shinier and dirtier than on Hoth.
    • Stormtrooper - ESB's stormies are different in the helmet, and really I just want a better holster and the hips to be able to tilt out a little without looking horrible.
    • Yoda - I didn't want to put this on there, I'm pretty happy with the OTC version, but it's a salt shaker and has specific arms. I don't like fatty VOTC at all though, so it's no good to me. I suppose if they never did another, I'd be happy with the OTC, but I think they can do better.
    • The other Rebel Hoth Trooper - scheduled then dropped.

And my ROTJ list:

• Luke Jabba's Palace - I hate having to put this on the list yet again, but none of what we have works very well. If they had a better cloth vest out there, I'd just use the existing Luke Death Star 2 figure, but the battle pack cloth vest is too big and the TAC version is only half the vest and permanently stuck to the figure.
    • Luke Endor / Death Star II - no wasp-waist, better limbs, not so anorexic-looking. The head is already quite good though. Poncho and helmet should be a little less bulky than the previous. Lightsaber should be ACCURATE!!!
    • Leia Endor General - one that's not a giraffe or a bobblehead, and actually has Leia's face.
    • Part of me says Leia Ewok Village in modern styling. I don't really want this one particularly, but it just seems like it needs to be done better than the existing duo. It's on the fence.
    • EV-9D9 - odd choice, I know, but the existing one is based on the Kenner mold, yet took away its muppet mouth. Modern quality sculpting would be better.
    • non-SE Sy Snootles - still visible in the film, while on the Sail Barge! Max & Droopy are ok figs for me, but the Sy fig sucked.
    • Weequay - it's way past time to get a modern-quality Weequay, maybe even 2 different ones with different armor from Luke's skiff. And have the head cast in soft plastic so the braids don't get in the way of posing.
    • Royal Guard - I'm fairly happy with the ROTS figure, but the soft goods are only so-so and it can't hold its pike right.
    • AT-ST Driver - the existing one is based off the mediocre Han disguise figure with its outdated sculpt and articulation. It doesn't even look good in the new AT-ST.
    • Biker Scout - start from the ground up, get the helmet size right, arm detail right, and get the articulation in the torso, shoulders, and hips to work better.
    • Speederbike - not a figure, but damnit, we need this so much I can't obey my own rules! A clear, positionable flight stand seems like a no-brainer.
    • The Emperor from ROTJ - you know, the guy the whole movie is about. How about a figure of him that doesn't, you know, suck? One that LOOKS LIKE THE CHARACTER and also has a costume that LOOKS LIKE THE ONE THE CHARACTER WORE. Articulation to do stuff from the movie seems like a no-brainer, yet clearly the designers of past Emperor figures haven't even had that.
    • 1 more Endor Rebel Trooper - we have almost everybody, but some of the regular guys aren't very good or accurate, and even the ones who are have poor articulation. I don't want the whole band over again, but we need 1 more to bolster the ranks without embarrassing them.
    • Wicket - in scale this time. With his bolo, spear, maybe some rebel food sticks, I dunno, something more than his normal bland self.
    • Lando General who can sit in the Falcon - I don't want another Lando General, but I do want a Lando General who has articulation in BOTH arms. Crazy, I know.
    • Nien Nunb - you know, a REAL one.
    • Admiral Ackbar - barely makes my list, I'm still somewhat happy with the POTF2 version based on the head and arm sculpt. But yeah, he's not remotely good enough, and needs his chair.
    • Spirit of Obi-Wan - in modern quality.
    • Spirit of Anakin - Sebastian Shaw, in modern quality.
    • Spirit of Yoda - in modern quality and sculpted to be able to sit on a wooden fence he'd have to come with.

Wow, that's a much bigger list than I expected. Then again, ESB was too. Still, not a massive list, a dozen and a half figures.

I am not going to measure the Ewoks, but they're getting smaller now, the old Wicket scale is way off.
    Well, since Paploo was played by Kenny Baker and Kenny Baker fits inside of R2-D2, then that might be a good basis for establishing proper scale for the Ewoks.

They are doing a new one this next year, I believe.
    I hope so, but until I see a prototype or the production drawings, like we saw for Wooof, then I'm keeping him on my list. I still consider the vintage Gamorrean Guard to be the best version, by far.

ANH:
    There are 6, possibly 7 band members actually. But I think 1 of them uses the same instrument as another.
    IIRC, aren't there only 5 individual instruments though? If Hasbro were to just pack in all the instruments with one generic Cantina Band Member, then collectors could just buy as many as they want to complete their band.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    IIRC, aren't there only 5 individual instruments though? If Hasbro were to just pack in all the instruments with one generic Cantina Band Member, then collectors could just buy as many as they want to complete their band.
    They've only made 5 instruments in previous releases, but at the bottom of the this page, it says that Tedn Dahai plays the Rakassah Horn. However, this page and Wookieepedia both say he plays the fanfar. On this site it is Ickabel G'ont that is said to be playing the "Rakassah stand-up bass." Regardless of whether the band members or instruments are named correct, he does have a picture of a different instrument.

First of all-

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession is Nute View Post
    I am one of those crazy collectors that loves the old "statue" figures and loathes cloth capes and cloaks with every fiber of my being.
    I feel the same. Sadly we are a dying breed and figures on which our particular wants are catered to will be fewer and further between. As long as people keep insisting on SA for every single character Hasbro will use softgoods at every opportunity - meaning we will never get a decent ROTJ Emperor because, I'm sorry, you just can't have both superarticulation and a full softgoods robe that doesn't look ridiculous - not in this scale. Its one or the other and obviously I'd much rather have a saltshaker with awesome sculpting.

I don't think I'm going to write any lists as they'd be ridiculously long. However any background character from the cantina, echo base, jabbas palace and the carkoon battle are pretty much essential for me and first priority. Core character redos for those that need them are a given but not something I get excited about. Last year simultaneously crushed and raised hopes for the future of core characters with DSII Luke and Snowspeeder Luke respectively. The new Hoth Leia and Bespin Luke look good at prototype stage.