Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, since Paploo was played by Kenny Baker and Kenny Baker fits inside of R2-D2, then that might be a good basis for establishing proper scale for the Ewoks.
    Why, whatever do you mean? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kenny_Paploo.jpg

Ok, quite so, the Wookieepedia listing says 0.96m. I guess a metal dome is the same as furry ears. Wicket is listed as 0.8m. Logray and Chief Chirpa as 1m. I can't find any of my new Ewok figures though to measure them, I haven't looked that hard but I never put them up because they didn't look right with my old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    They've only made 5 instruments in previous releases, but at the bottom of the this page, it says that Tedn Dahai plays the Rakassah Horn. However, this page and Wookieepedia both say he plays the fanfar. On this site it is Ickabel G'ont that is said to be playing the "Rakassah stand-up bass." Regardless of whether the band members or instruments are named correct, he does have a picture of a different instrument.
    Ugh, my brain hurts. That last resource, I've seen it before but never tried to pay attention to it. They should just make the stand-up bass along with the other 5, you can clearly hear it in the tune.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They should re-release the cantina band members with Earth instruments and make it easier.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should re-release the cantina band members with Earth instruments and make it easier.
    Yeah, release the actual instruments used to make the Cantina music. Then they could make a John Williams figure to direct them all.

Heres mine, 10 from each source. I know many of them are weird choices (and more than a few may never see production) but here goes:

ANH:

1. Kal'Falnl C'ndros - a blink and you'll miss it appearance. She's a huge avian whose legs can be seen for a second in the movie. Her whole body was revealed in a WOTC game supplement. Check wookieepedia for an image. She's just as essential as any cantina alien in my opinion.

2. Solomahal - a super obscure alien from the cantina scene. Really tough to spot. There were actually two of his species wearing similar clothes in the film and both are ridiculously obscure. The commonly seen image of Solomahal is actually from his Holiday Special appearance, and he's alot thinner. We're long overdue for a Lutrillian in the line.

3. Tzizvvt - another crazy obscure alien from the cantina, and yeah he is visible in the movie (all of them actually are if you know where to look!) This one was a finalist in the latest fan's choice poll so I'm confident Hasbro has him on their radar.

4. Mosep Binneed/ Tawss Khaa - Marvel's Nimbanel "Jabba the Hut" also known as "Mingo" or "Walrus". Easier to spot in the streets of Mos Eisley. There is also a Nimbanel with a topknot who I think is supposed to be named Tawss Khaa. Decipher goofed (big suprise) and renamed an alternate image of Mosep Tawss Khaa instead of the top-knotted Nimbanel. Anyway, I'd like to see both. It would be easy as they both wear the same outfit.

5. Melas - Sarkan replacement for the Arleil Schous's close up in the Special Edition. Mask was just a reversed Ketwol head with a turban to cover the Ketwol's tusks and trunk. I'd like to see Hasbro's take on the character, and he's a no-brainer considering Hasbro's gonna do all the cantina eventually.

6. Reegesk - really not as interesting an alien design imo, but essential to completing the cantina as he got a closeup in the movie. Another one that Hasbro could get creative with if they wanted.

7. Arleil Schous - Lucas thought he had him edited out of the movie, but he's still there. And in the very first frame of the cantina of all things. Here's another guy I've been waiting for for years. Hasbro said he's coming eventually so I'll just continue to wait...

8. Rycar Ryjerd - another prominant cantina patron, to the best of my recollection Hasbro has never commented on Rycar specifically so I hope Hasbro's got this one in their parking lot.

9. Tonnika Sisters - yes, I know the whole story about why they can't be made blah blah blah. That doesn't make them any less essential to my collection. If the Star Wars line ends without these two ladies being done then I'll have to break down and either customize them myself or buy customs. But I'll leave them out of any voting I do because they're wasted votes.

10. Dianoga - I was never satisfied with the half-*$$ed dianoga we got in the terrible trash compactor exclusives years ago. I'd like to see one that actually looks cool and functions as a toy. I think this is a no-brainer for Hasbro to consider now that we have passable versions of Luke and Han in their disguises. It would make a killer battle pack imo.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

ESB:

1. Treva Horme - another Lutrillian, this time a towering female Bespin citizen in bright blue clothes. Would make a great companion figure to:

2. Wiorkettle - a supposedly male (metrosexual?) Snivvian resident of Cloud City. I hope Hasbro will find a way to get the robes right if they do soft goods on this one.

3. 2-1B - The ROTS version really isn't a good stand-in for the ESB version. There are too many differences between the two that they probably couldn't even share any parts. We need one of these on a Vintage card for sure.

4. Lando Calrissian - the "vintage" figure is in need of an upgrade. Give us a better likeness, new SA arms and an better designed cape that is the right length, drapes correctly over the shoulders and is removeable, but doesn't fall off when you look at it the wrong way.

5. Toryn Farr - another finalist on the recent Fan's choice poll. One that I expect to come out in the next year or so.

6. Lt. Sheckil - another highly requested "boring" imperial officer. This is pretty much the only one I'm interested in seeing done other than a new Tarkin and maybe a new Yularen.

7. Probe Droid - like the dianoga, this is one deluxe type figure that could really use an overhaul. Super articulation, better proportions and correct deco are what I'm looking for here.

8. Carbonite Han Solo - Hasbro really needs to nail the Carbonite block, if nothing else. This is one of those essential accessories that every collection needs. And we really haven't gotten a passable one yet.

9. Bespin escape Leia - I expect we'll see this one in the next year or so.

10. Mynocks - I'd like to see Hasbro take another swing at these. Put them in a battle pack or as an accessory with the eventual Mynock Hunt Leia or a new Han.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

ROTJ:

1. Cane Adiss - without a doubt the one figure I've been waiting the longest for. I know BigBarada was campaining for this one a loooong time ago, but I wanted this ever since I saw it in the Behind the magic cd-rom thing and the decipher card game. Pretty much around the time I started playing w/ Star Wars toys in the old POTF2 days. Now that he's finally known by what seems the majority of collectors and a finalist in the latest Fan's choice poll, I'm guessing he's finally in Hasbro's parking lot!

2. Loje Nella - a figure I've been campaigning for in recent years, unfortunately Hasbro says this ones a long ways off. That is if they ever get to him at all. Maybe if more people start asking for him we'll get lucky someday! This guy's species has finally been identified as a Riorian which is funny because his species sounds almost like my first name. Another reason to want this guy!

3. Jess - another badly wanted figure since the decipher card game days. Often confused with Arica (aka Mara Jade) this character is not only actually in the movie, but looks alot different than Decipher's depiction of "Arica". In any case Hasbro, give us both. Jess is pretty prominent too as she can be spotted near Tessek and Bib Fortuna in several frames, particularly during and after the musical number.

4. Attark - now this is one character (a-la Bane Malar) that doesn't clearly appear in Jabba's palace if he's onscreen at all. Regardless, I'd love a figure of him. Put him in a two pack with another small palace denizen such as a Jawa or maybe:

5. Wam Lufba - this blaster-toting Yuzzum looks a bit cartoonish, and perhaps even a bit out of place among Jabba's more realistic and bizarre courtiers. But he has a certain strange quality that makes me want a figure of him. Unfortunately again he's low on Hasbro's priority list, along with Loje Nella. Hopefully they have a change of heart.

6. Sy Snootles - I don't know why Hasbro is so reluctant to admit that a Vintage Sy Snootles is not only a good idea, but an absolutely necessary upgrade to the animated statue we got back in '98. The old design was better in many fan's opinions it seems and she'd look great either by herself on a vintage style card (with microphone accessory) or in a set with a repacked Max and Droopy. Also, give Max a new (complete) organ please!

7, 8, 9. Geezum, Shasa Tiel, Yoxgit - These three palace aliens have been on many wishlists for awhile. Yoxgit in particular would be an easy repaint of an existing Ugnaught figure. Geezum's headsculpt would lend itself well to Wiorkettle or Zutton figures and Shasa Tiel would be an answer to many fan's wishes for a Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib. (actuall so would Harc Seff, who was a special edition addition).

10. TT8-L gatekeeper droid - This one would be tricky I know. It would only work well in a battle pack type scenario either built into the giant door or the droid a separate figure that fits through a hole in said door, and including C-3PO, R2 and a perhaps a Gammorrean.

OK so I'm done writing up my OT wants. Tomorrow I'll do the PT wants and EU. It's late, I'm tired and I've got a bad day at work ahead of me tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about this...

OK here's TPM

1. Edcel Bar Gane - a Roonan senator not clearly seen onscreen, but in several behind-the-scenes images. Not your typical salt-shaker senator either. This guy could probably be done SA. One of my favorite prequel-era alien species because it looks really "area-51 ish".

2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Aldar Beedo, Elan Mak, Ebe Endocott, Boles Roor, Wan Sandage - almost all of the remaining pod race pilots. As for the remaining 5, I think we're getting Mawhonic and Ratts Tyrell next year. The other three: Neva Kee, Ben Quadinaros and Ark "bumpy" Roose are a little farther down on my list.

7. Aurra Sing - She needs to be just as articulated as the upcoming animated figure, but detailed like the movie. I can't see Hasbro putting this one off much longer.

8. EG-9 - a really obscure little yellow Neimoidian maintenance droid. Would work best either in a battle pack or a two pack with a PK worker droid. Saw his picture first in the EP 1 visual dictionary but never knew his name until recently.

9. Erdan - a tall "multi-racial giant" according to one source I read. He can be seen walking the streets of Mos Espa. This is one I've wanted since the movie came out.

10. Yarael Poof - Hasbro said they'd like to get to updates of most of the Jedi Council and here's the one I'd like to see most. Give us better SA legs, a new body and SA arms w/ two extra arms hidden underneath a softgoods outer robe. Really the only thing that doesnt need changing is the head.

AOTC:

1. Rogwa Wodrata - one of the few remaining members of the Separatist "round table" scene. She could share parts with a hypothetical Toonbuck Toora figure as well.

2. Senator Tikkes - along with Rogwa Wodrata and Denaria Kee, one of the last of the Separatists to be done. A risky salt shaker figure, but one that Hasbro has expressed an interest in getting done someday.

3. Ko Sai - a Kaminoan cloner. The thin nature of this alien species would be a challenge to articulate well, but I dont think I'd need this one super articulated anyway. It'd be cool to see this one on a vintage card imo.

4. Chon Actrion - yeah I know he was just a bust in the movie, but I would like to see a fully fleshed out figure of this unique alien jedi at some point, plus a bust accessory would be awesome.

5. Lunae Minx - Lucas's daughter plays a purple Twi-lek in the Outlander club, and I think she would make a good figure even if not a crazy good seller.

6. Kalyn Farnmir - another female from the Outlander club. She's pretty prominent in the scene where Obi-Wan offs Zam's arm. She looks more "bounty-hunterish than most of the other girls in that sequence so maybe Hasbro will consider her for that reason.

7. Ame Llom - another interesting alien lady from the Outlander club. This girl's dressed a little more conservatively than most of the other girls at the club and would probably benefit as a figure from that. Unfortunately for her, Kalyn and Lunae, Hasbro has said they do not plan to get to any more Outlander patrons. Ever. Oh well.

8. Fi-Ek Sirch - the Nikto Jedi from the first Saga line is in major need of an upgrade, complete with his official name on the package.

9. Rickshaw Droid - imo he would make a cool mini rig type figure, but may suffer from his lack of screen time and lack of "aggressiveness" as a toy. Would also work well in a battle pack along with Anakin and Padme.

10. Tas Kee - Female Weequay. Looks kick-*$$. Need I say more?

ROTS:

1. Mon Calamari Dancer - one I've wanted since I saw the concept art in the Art of Revenge book, and one of my two most wanted figures. A stunning alien design imo. A risky figure obviously, but could she sell any worse than Pons Limbic or Leesub Sirln? I think not. Also Hasbro has on more than one occasion hinted at a desire to see this one get done someday. I'm holding my breath for later this year! She'd look incredible on a vintage card.

2. Eeusu Estornii - another unique alien that I really want to see done. She looks like a cross between Elis Helrot and Aurra Sing. Too bad as a Senator she'd pretty much be a salt shaker. She'd make a great companion figure to:

3. Veedaaz Awmetth - A red skinned Sarrish senator who appears just off-camera at Padme's funeral along with Senator Estornii. This guy could get away with being SA due to his apparent lack of robes. I think Mr. Awmetth looks so bad-*$$ even the kids might be interested if he was packed with a weapon.

4. J'oopi She - a green Nikto (Klaatu) jedi from some unused scene in ROTS. Hasbro probably has this one on their radar as they seem intent on delivering all obscure alien jedi.

5, 6. - Tundra Dowmeia and his aide Cellheim Anujo - Tundra's pretty cut an dry, a pale skinned Quarren Loyalist senator salt-shaker. Cellheim's not so cut and dry. If Hasbro were smart they would make his strange head-dress removeable so you could see just what is underneath. Another Quarren? Something scarier? Hasbro could get creative with this one but I guess when it's all said and done he'd be another salt-shaker anyway.

7. Nute Gunray - I don't really care if they reuse the EP1 era Neimoidian base again but I'd like to have Nute from all three movies. He's a major villain and despite his species having bad luck at retail, I think he still deserves a figure.

8. San Hill - The one Separatist I think needs an upgrade the most. His stange pose and articulation look unnatural plus his likeness is way off. This one needs a complete overhaul which is a shame considering they nailed the other War Room figures on the first try.

9. Bana Breemu - another risky figure, but the one human senator from ROTS who I think looks the least wacko, and is the most deserving of a figure. I know she'd probably perform similarly to Breha. Which is to say, not perform at all.

10. Mon Calamari Dancer (male) - this one I didn't know existed until recently when I saw the image in the SW Chronicles: The prequels book. Previously I thought all the Mon Cal dancers in the movie were female. He'd obviously go great with the female dancer, but I'd like the female first please.

Other Prequel era figures that just barely missed the top 10 lists:

1. Captain Maoi Madakor
    2. Toonbuck Toora
    3. Ark "Bumpy" Roose
    4. Mawhonic
    5. Ben Quadinaros
    6. Aerrley Rue
    7. Neva Kee
    8. Wat Tambor (SA arms)
    9. Barriss Offee
    10. Antidar Williams

EU:

Really the only EU I'm interested in has to do with either the Cantina or Shadows of the Empire. Heres my list.

1. Revwien - Concept figure based on Ron Cobb's cool drawing. It'd probably have limited articulation and have to come either with a large accessory (like a bench to sit on for instance), or be the large accessory. This is one of three "holy grail" figures that I really want done.

2. Ackmena - the night shift bartender. She's fair game for Hasbro in my opinion cause she appears in EU other than the Holiday Special. Hasbro really needs to give in to this one. Put her in another cantina bar set!

3. Chalmun - the Wookiee owner of the cantina. He should be based on the Ralph McQuarrie painting which depicts him. He could possibly share some of Chewbacca's parts.

4-10 The rest of the Holiday Special specific aliens: Ket Maliss, Cebann Veekan, Myhr Rho, Thorp, Kelbo, Y'bith. The only one I could do without would be the Tin Tin Dwarf but even he'd be welcome.

As for Shadows of the Empire, I'd buy pretty much anything they made from this story. Here are my wants from SOTE:

1. Guri
    2. Leebo
    3. Dash Rendar
    4. Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
    5. Luke Skywalker in Black Sun Guard disguise