Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    4. Lando Calrissian - the "vintage" figure is in need of an upgrade. Give us a better likeness, new SA arms and an better designed cape that is the right length, drapes correctly over the shoulders and is removeable, but doesn't fall off when you look at it the wrong way.
    I like what they did with the comic pack version. It had some sort of wire in the bottom edge of the cape that allowed you to bend the cape to a position it could hold.

Here's my ANH list:

1. Dr. Evazan -sounds like we are going to get this one.
    2. Uncle Owen
    3. Governor Tarkin
    4. Wedge Antilles -Such an important character to the whole OT and we've never gotten a good version of him.
    5. Imperial Officer-white jacket, black slacks
    6. Bom Vimdin -sounds like we'll get this one too.
    7. Tzizvt
    8. Tonnika Sisters -We'll probably never get them, but I can still dream.
    9. Cantina Band Members -Super articulation along with a more detailed sculpt.
    10. Rebel Fleet Trooper -Needs modern articulation and a better sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    9. Tonnika Sisters - yes, I know the whole story about why they can't be made blah blah blah. That doesn't make them any less essential to my collection. If the Star Wars line ends without these two ladies being done then I'll have to break down and either customize them myself or buy customs. But I'll leave them out of any voting I do because they're wasted votes.
    The Tonnikas have been on my want list publicly since I started with the site 11 years ago. That said, if they never did them, for me it wouldn't be something I "needed" and felt a loss of, to me they're background characters that aren't essential to my collection. I have a number of figures that are stuff I'd like but aren't on my "need to be done" list, I guess. They've done enough prequel gals that at least you shouldn't have too hard a time customizing them.

5. Toryn Farr - another finalist on the recent Fan's choice poll. One that I expect to come out in the next year or so.
    Toryn Farr is another figure that used to be on my Year in Review want list, though she's fallen off in recent years. There's another figure that is in the aforementioned "would like, but not need" boat I just mentioned.

7. Probe Droid - like the dianoga, this is one deluxe type figure that could really use an overhaul. Super articulation, better proportions and correct deco are what I'm looking for here.
    I thought about putting that on my list too. I'd absolutely buy one if they made it, probably 2. I think the reason it didn't make my list is that if they never made it, I'd still be satisfied with the POTF2 version.

8. EG-9 - a really obscure little yellow Neimoidian maintenance droid. Would work best either in a battle pack or a two pack with a PK worker droid. Saw his picture first in the EP 1 visual dictionary but never knew his name until recently.
    That one and PK-4 were cut from the final script, I don't think it appears in anything else than the visual dictionary.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here's my TPM list:

• Obi-Wan Kenobi - I know we just got one, but I'd prefer one that looks like the character instead.
    • I almost want to include Tey How - what is wrong with your faaaaaace??? This one used to be on my lists all the time, but as time went by, my desire for it waned, now I don't really care if they do it or not.
    • Naboo Pilot in trenchcoat - you know, from the movie? Ric Olie wouldn't be my first choice only because we already got him.
    • Battle Droid that can be posed like in the damned film and fold up properly - speaks for itself. Should be possible, but will require fudging thicknesses on limbs, which I wouldn't mind.
    • Destroyer Droid that can fold up - it's not that difficult, c'mon.

That's it. I don't care if we get remakes of Padme or Ani or Panaka or Tarpals or Jar Jar or 3PO, I might buy them if they are done really well but I just as likely might not.

AOTC list:

• Obi-Wan Kenobi - same exact situation as the TPM figure, except add costume as well since the new fig misses the mark in face and costume.
    • Anakin - yeah, here's a crazy idea, how about making an Anakin figure that looks like Anakin? And put it on a body that doesn't suck, that'd be good too.
    • Jango in blue - I think they said they're doing it, but I'm not entirely sure and don't feel like looking it up. It better be done right. Oh, and the backpacks, both of them, should stay on better. And maybe a non-removable helmet to swap instead of a press-on helmet, the Fett helmets don't look right pressed on due to the nose of the figure.
    • I kinda want to include the Super Battle Droid just because the last one is mediocre, but they've missed the mark with these so much that I already have a bunch of them and they're not THAT important in the saga, so I'm on the fence.
    • Phase 1 Clone Trooper - weird, right? The original is kinda bulky compared to the film, even the ROTS phase 2 versions are sleeker, as well as sharper. And I don't even like these sad-puppy clones, but they should be better. Oh, and a blaster rifle that looks like the movie, not super fat or toothpick skinny.
    • Padme post-Nexu beatdown - most of her action scenes in the movie are in this costume after it gets torn up, yet the figures we have for it are mediocre. The pre-torn version from the Evo line is really good, so they should go there.
    • Cliegg Lars - I don't really need this figure, but it has some potential speaking to a more interesting scenario.
    • 3PO - I wanted this back a few years ago, they totally blew it with both Ep 2 C-3PO figs, but it's been too long for me to find the heart to care. I don't know why this is on my list anymore.

Again, not much I want or need from this prequel. These movies have a lot of talking scenes that don't really do much to advance the story or action in a meaningful way, and aren't visually suggestive enough of action and adventure to compel me to imagine more excitement from them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ROTS list:

• Better Wookiees - we don't have enough variety in what we have, and one of them doesn't look like a wookiee so much as a bigfoot in atlantian armor.
    • Anakin with robe that actually looks like the guy - um, that says it all, I guess.
    • Grievous in cape - accurate cape, and accurate Grievous that has more solid body. The last Grievous looks good, but isn't fun to play with or pose because it's fragile and rubbery.
    • Darth Sidious that looks like the guy - the existing figs don't look like him or are no fun to pose, or both. It's nowhere near as important as the ROTJ one though.

Holy crap, that is it. They did everything else pretty much in modern quality, I guess.

EU list:

• Guri
    • Dash Rendar -the original figure was worthless crap from hair to boots and even weapons. Dash deserved better. Plus, Dash was the star of one of the best Star Wars games of all time.
    • Leebo
    • Noghri - probably Rukh.
    • Darktrooper from SW Battlefront series - it's a totally different design, and a hateful class to play because it's so cheap. But it's also cool looking, and sports an arc-caster (which annoyingly just looks like a regular E-11 blaster).
    • Jerec - from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.
    • Jan Ors
    • Ackmena
    • Chewie as Snoova - the modern Chewie figure philosophy would make a more imposing Snoova, taller and with armor and weapons.
    • Rebel Marksman - from SW Battlefront
    • Rebel Smuggler - the engineer from BF2.

My ESB list:

1. Bespin Han -This one is way overdue for a resculpt. POTJ version was great for its day, but its seriously outdated now.
    2. Captain Piett -This one is also long overdue. He was one of the most important imperial officers in the OT and I'm surprised they haven't made a new version yet.
    3. Toryn Farr -I think this one could be made easily using the new Hoth Leia figure. Just slap on a new head and a little different paint job and VOILA!!
    4. Carbonite Block -POTF2 version was nice, but it needs a upgrade. It would be nice if it would have a removeable front which has the just frozen appearance and an inner part with an empty cavity for the post thawed appearance. Ideally, Han should be able to fit inside of it with the front closed.
    5. Snowtrooper Officer -This is another that should be easy to do. Basically take the vintage version and add a new head and legs.

The legs, lower torso, and lower arms are the only things that don't change on a Snowtrooper Officer figure. The helmet, upper arms, and upper torso all would need to be different.

I like your idea for a carbonite block. I don't know if Hasbro could pull it off convincingly, but it'd be much more exciting to try. The block is so thin though (hence Han is sticking out the front) and the seams required would be ugly that I don't see Hasbro making it work.

Cool

Most of my want list is from ROTJ. For ANH I would like any unmade aliens and droids. From ESB all I want is a new 2-1B. My core list would be:

Wooof (which we are supposed to be getting this fall)
    Oola (said to possibly be in the works for this fall. I hope it's like the new slave Leia)
    EV-9D9
    8D8 (they already have the arms and legs from the BG-J38 B.A.D. All they need is a new torso and head!)
    Tessek (with better arm articulation if nothing else.)
    Gamorean Guard
    Weequay (both from the prisoner skiff would be nice.)
    Cane Adiss
    Loje Nella (perhaps as a pack in with another figure.)
    Attark (again maybe as a pack in with another figure.)
    Jess
    Barada
    Laudica
    Yuzzum (original)
    Fozec
    Geezum
    sail barge Klaatu/Yotts Oren
    Vedain

Some of these are a long shot but you never know. Who ever thought we would get Yarna or Leesub Sirlin? It would also be nice to see remakes of Saelt-Marae, Ree-Yees, and Ishi Tib, and even Bib Fortuna but these are secondary to my core list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I like what they did with the comic pack version. It had some sort of wire in the bottom edge of the cape that allowed you to bend the cape to a position it could hold.
    The cape still looks nothing like it did in the movie. It doesn't drape over the shoulders, it's not long enough, it's the wrong color, the seams/threads are too thick and visible. Plus it's not removeable. Definitely needs a redo.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

[FONT=Verdana]TPM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Ann & Tan Gella[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Tey How[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Jira[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Eirtae[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Maoi Madakar[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]AOTC[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Barris Offee[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Queen Jamillia[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Corde[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Dorme[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Nyrat Agira[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Jocasta Nu[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]ROTS[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Queen Apailana[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]BD 3000 Luxury Droid[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Eeusu Estornii[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]ANH[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Death Star Droid (I want a silver vac metalized version like the vintage one)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Tzizvvt[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Reegesk[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Tonnika Sisters[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Swilla Corey[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Dr Evazan[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Mosep Bineed[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Solomahal[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Arleil Schous[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Melas[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Revwien[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]ESB[/FONT]