Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 3

Transformers 3

Isn't Transformers 3 supposed to be slated for 2011? I sure hope so!

I haven't seen rumor-speculation about it, so I figure we'll start the thread and wrap it into the movie discussion as we learn more and finally get to see it.

Following "Pandora" in Avatar, and a huge Autobot / Decepticon battle on earth in TF2, I think the next movie can finally take us offworld to Cybertron!

I'd love to see that and I think the audience will accept that now. TF3's fans are already there as a built-in audience from the first 2 films.

Could TF3 be done in 3-D? That seems to be the way things are headed - and it allows the industry to charge us $15 per movie ticket for glasses that they recycle and most-likely reissue anyway.

Cybertron or another alien world would definitely be a good setting in which to introduce 3-D.

Now the other issue is how to get Shia LeBouf into outerspace - a question that tasks us in the real world as well.

They could have some tragic accident that forces him to be placed into a robot body, tragic for he being forever separated from Megan Fox, which will naturally leave her as being available to all the other human males in the galaxy to compete for (along with Wheelie, I guess).

But to copy Avatar (as a majority aren't original these days - and it was done with Daniel in the 1986 Transformers movie anyway), Shia could do the voice-work for his own Autobot character as he adapts to living the rest of his life as his "avatar" robot - only they should actually put his "soul" into the thing.

I don't want to see him merged with BumbleBee. That's too hokey and does injury to BumbleBee's character. Rather BumbleBee can train Sam to use his robot body the way Arcee did for Daniel in 1986's film.

Now, why bring Lennox and Eps (and probably Simmons) ? Well, perhaps security on Cybertron (Shockwave?) scans for robotic lifeforms, but will not be able to detect unexpected biologicals? It's just a plot-excuse because Michael Bay won't make a movie without his human stars, and they save money versus having even more expensive effects shots.

Oh, and Leo, Maggie and Glenn (the latter two from the first movie) can hack Soundwave, as somebody needs to take him out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

3D movies are just not worth it, at least, not for me. I can't see depth so spending 15 bucks for a movie ticket for a feature I can't see suddenly makes going to that particular movie so not worth it.

I realy do worry that movies will head this way all together, because if they do (and I bet this is likely) I'll see the day in my lifetime where I will never go to a movie theater again.

Cybertron however would be fine, and I wouldn't mind having Witwicky go through a similar experience as the character in the original cartoon. However, I think keeping it on earth would probably be best souly for marketability.

All THAT being said, the 2nd Transformer movie just wasn't that good. I'm half dreading the 3rd one.

3D is a gimmick. It can't be anything but. Hollywood right now has a bit of an "Andrew Koenig's character from Growing Pains" for 3D, but it's going to fizzle out again like it has every other time they've tried it. They love it because it costs more. Audiences are ambivalent because it costs more.

The only confirmation of anything I've seen is that Prime and Bumblebee will be slightly different looking, no doubt to sell new toys, and that this movie will feature more characters and focus more on the mythology. Course, that's what they said about ROTF, so forgive me if I don't get my hopes up.

Honestly, as lousy as it was, I'd look forward to GIJoe 2, simply because Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander was pretty cool. No one in Transformers was cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Cybertron or another alien world would definitely be a good setting in which to introduce 3-D.

Now the other issue is how to get Shia LeBouf into outerspace - a question that tasks us in the real world as well.

They could have some tragic accident that forces him to be placed into a robot body, tragic for he being forever separated from Megan Fox, which will naturally leave her as being available to all the other human males in the galaxy to compete for (along with Wheelie, I guess).

But to copy Avatar (as a majority aren't original these days - and it was done with Daniel in the 1986 Transformers movie anyway), Shia could do the voice-work for his own Autobot character as he adapts to living the rest of his life as his "avatar" robot - only they should actually put his "soul" into the thing.

I don't want to see him merged with BumbleBee. That's too hokey and does injury to BumbleBee's character. Rather BumbleBee can train Sam to use his robot body the way Arcee did for Daniel in 1986's film.

Now, why bring Lennox and Eps (and probably Simmons) ? Well, perhaps security on Cybertron (Shockwave?) scans for robotic lifeforms, but will not be able to detect unexpected biologicals? It's just a plot-excuse because Michael Bay won't make a movie without his human stars, and they save money versus having even more expensive effects shots.

Oh, and Leo, Maggie and Glenn (the latter two from the first movie) can hack Soundwave, as somebody needs to take him out.
    The problem is that the Transformers do not travel in ships. They travel "themselves". so there is no way that the humans can get to Cybertron unless the Autobots agree to help humans build ships. Optimus already gave a hell no to the US government when that congressman complained that Prime wasn't sharing their technological advances. The Space Bridge that was used in the original toons has not been introduced except as an ability that Jetfire had. I suppose its possible that the Autobots could make such a space bridge, but why bother? If Starscream is able to fly from Cybertron to Earth in the time it takes a person to sneeze it can't be that far to Cybertron. Right? What could the humans possibly offer in the way of help to a race of beings that could annhilate everyone on Earth at a whim. At least in the toons, they were dependent on us for our fossil fuels. These transformers are too powerful to really give a damn.

Bay has already estabished some pretty strict rules in his "vision". For him to get out of the corner he has painted himself into, he's going to have to cheat. But he does that all the time so I guess it wouldn't bother him that much to throw some more contradictions into the mix. This franchise should seriously make like Spiderman and reboot in about ten years.

Megatron and Starscream did not fly to Cybertron.

The Nemesis was their ship, where The Fallen was waiting for them. It was crashed on some planet near earth - closer than Cybertron I guess.

Yes, Prime would have to commission an Autobot spaceship being built. I provided some excuses for Michael Bay as to why humans would have to be taken with them on this ship.

Taking human passengers is not the same as giving humans the technology, either.

Not only that, the Decepticons could make some sort of deal with humans. It doesn't have to be Megatron or Starscream either. It could be Soundwave or someone else left behind on earth making deals that Megatron didn't authorize.

I'm sure if Swindle appeared, he'd be all over that. Then again, would you make a deal with a Decepticon named Swindle? He'll have to give a fake name in the movie - like Trustmybot. I think the Sham-Wow guy should voice him, too
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Vince Offer voicing Swindle is the single greatest unfounded Transformers 3 rumor yet. Maybe ever.

I'm serious.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I can't handle 3D for extended periods so that would be one more reason for me to not see this film.

TFW2005 had some concept artwork that Hasbro made them take down.

I didn't see it, but by reading the forums I deduced that TF3 might indeed take place on Cybertron and also feature Junkions.

I wonder how they'll talk since BumbleBee stole Wreck-Gar's voice?

When did Bumblebee talk like Eric Idle or Weird Al?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    When did Bumblebee talk like Eric Idle or Weird Al?
    He uses the radio and satellite reception to communicate, so he talks TV because he has to, while Wreck-Gar did it in the 1986 movie because he was cultured to.