Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Questions for Hasbro Transformers Q&A v2

The next round is in May, so let's get some more questions going. You can vote for an existing question (listed in the 2nd post) or suggest your own. We get to send in 2 per round, and here are Hasbro's suggestions and restrictions on questions:
    * Unfortunately, there are some things that we cannot comment publicly on due to confidentiality, legal or competitive reasons. Examples of these types of questions are ones that relate to the upcoming TV series or movies that have not had details announced yet, “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical scenarios or “what if questions”, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.

* With that said, that leaves a lot of room for a whole host of other discussion points. Topics that are open for discussion are things like Deco Decisions, Current Design Choices, Design Process/Development, Character choices and Redeco/Retooling choices. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Lore/Storyline, Line Strategy and Marketing are open for discussion too.
    Thanks for participating!

Here are the current question ideas we have so far:

• - Has anyone asked Hasbro if they would consider putting the plug holes from mini-cons on their legends line? Or maybe designing a new hex screw to use on them so that they can be used as mini-cons as well? This would be a great throw back to the old decoys, and it would make the line more popular with those of us that overlook this subset of the line.
    • - Will Voyager Seaspray be considered for repainting in green military colors as seen in ROTF?
    • - Will there be more Decepticons in the HA line, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticons?
    • - Will the rest of the 3 Constructicons from ROTF get Voyager or Deluxe figures?

Will Voyager SeaSpray be considered for repainting in green military colors as seen in ROTF?

Will there be more Decepticons in the HA line, perhaps with human prisoners or pretender Decepticons?

Will the rest of the 3 Constructicons from ROTF get Voyager or Deluxe figures?

I'll vote for any of my own questions that others here support the most, as well as JediTricks' question:

"Why is it that Leader-class figures in the ROTF line have just 1 voice actor clip per figure, yet the Animated line had 3 lines of dialogue per Leader figure? It can't just be about paying actors, since ROTF Jetfire uses a different voice actor altogether. And why is it that all of these Leader-class ROTF figures single voice line are just them introduce themselves rather than having interesting movie dialogue or at least in-character styled dialogue? Even some of the little kid-themed ROTF toys do more talking than these $50 figures. "
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Was there a hovercraft in ROTF? I don't remember that.

I decided to ask my question from my own TF site, they were naughty over there and didn't choose so that was their punishment.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Was there a hovercraft in ROTF? I don't remember that.
    Yeah, the military used them to unload tanks into Egypt. There were a small fleet of hovercrafts seen - each carrying one tank and at least a squad of troops. The hovercrafts were not Transformers, but if they had any more All-Spark fragments by that point, they could have been.

Note to movie critics: All-Spark fragments (2)

1) Sam and Mikaela held - when Prime thought dead and Sam hiding as a fugitive, this was used to animate Jetfire. The priority here was to learn the secret message and get ahead of Megatron before the Decepticons destroyed the earth. Plus Prime's body was not where Sam could get to it, as it was being returned to Diego Garcia. The fragment was with Mikaela during the fight between Prime and the Decepticons in the forest. She was late arriving with BumbleBee and there might not have been a way to get her to Prime when he fell in the forest.

2) Was stolen by Ravage and used to re-animate Megatron
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This can be considered 1 or 3 questions.

When deciding which G1 figures are to be created in the Universe line, is there a specific protocol that is followed? Like why Hasbro choose Hod Rod or what you are calling him now over Soundwave? Are any G1 figures that were on the show that were never released in the 80's off limits? When and how does Hasbro decided which G1 figures will be re-released in future universe assortments?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got to love their answer on Animated. They can't even use the Gargoyles defense and say it didn't sell. I'll never understand how Hasbro can just ignore so much potential revenue so often.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

We need 2 questions for Monday.