Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd say no, since I have the old version and I don't think they could do enough to a new one to make me want to buy it.

I probably would buy a new one if it had some amazing detail on it, and included a display stand like we saw on Luke's model. Multitasking as an inexpensive prop replica could easily benefit its sales, I'd imagine.

There is absolutely no way I'd buy the 1997 sculpt again, this would have to be all new. Granted, the old one seemed to be as accurate as it could, but it was horribly cheap feeling with its hollowness, and it was one of the flimsiest Star Wars toys before the arrival of gummy plastic. The mini-wings, even when mounted properly (the instructions were vague, IIRC, and I initially had my wings on wrong), didn't plug well at all with the larger wings. The mini-rig that lied within was actually better than the main ship itself, and probably would have done better if released without the T-16 shell. It was a clever idea to get more use out of it like that, but it really made the T-16 itself more of an afterthought, and its poor execution seemed to confirm that. The missile launcher was quite the letdown. It had a huge honkin' missile and it barely went a couple of feet.

I suppose if they absolutely had to, they COULD re-use the shell, but only the shell. If they want to make the T-16 itself interesting, then the mini-rig feature needs to be kaput. Focus on making the wings whole, give the pair that angle downward a stronger hinge, and put in a better detailed cockpit. It could still be removed the way the mini-rig was, I suppose. The huge cannon shouldn't be mounted as it originally was since the U-clip easily became worn and it wanted to hang at an angle, it should probably be permanently mounted to the ship. And, like I said, it should have a display handle much like Luke's model had. Luke's model didn't have the huge cannon, but it looks better with it, so it would probably be best to figure out how to mount the stand with the cannon still on. Shouldn't be difficult.

The biggest problem is that it has very little space to add more interesting features, such as pop-out missile launchers or storage areas.

I don't necessarily want this made, because it's very difficult to imagine it being given the devotion that it needs to be interesting.

If produced without being new and awesomely made, or massively overhauled properly, then it will sell horribly like the first release. If they ever want to get any use from the toy, they'd be better off releasing the inner mini-rig as a toy for the CW line.

I guess the T-16 could be interesting to see in CW, but I don't think any amount of exposure will payt off if it's as bland and as horribly made as the POTF2 release.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

No, I'm happy with the one I have.

Well, not exactly happy, it has a number of problems actually. The plastic on the hinges isn't strong enough and the friction bumps meant to ratchet the wings is torn up when you move them. There's also a few different alignment issues between the mini-fighter's wings and the larger wings, despite them needing to move in tandem. The hinges and wing attachment spots are sculpted with mostly cavities which just looks bad. The deco includes "fine diarrhea" plastic coloring that was so popular in '95 through '97. And the cockpit is incredibly lackluster (the concept of an ejection seat vehicle makes sense, but not this).

That said, even if they addressed every single issue, I doubt I'd buy another one. If it was EXTREMELY good, then yeah, I'd buy one. You can count that however you want, but I am suggesting it would only be a "yes" if it were note-perfect in every way, which is unrealistic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'd pass.. we already have one from the old POTF days and I can't see Hasbro redoing this particular vehicle again since it has only a few seconds of screentime in the ROTJ SE.
    Hah. I'd forgotten about even that bit of screentime. All I could think of was Luke's toy and the backside of his real T-16 in the background of his 'garage'.

Dunno bout this one. I think all you'd need is a rerelease but I'd consider buying one because the one I got had a warped wing which used to bug the hell out of me. Perhaps with a good pack-in figure or 2 it'd make this more appealing.

Still have the '90s version, don't need a new one. I don't see a re-release being a good business move for Hasbro either. It seems like I've seen this at a couple of cons loose on the table for about $5, so I can't see many people shelling out the $25 it would be new.

No. I would not buy this thing.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I would not buy the POTF2 version.

I would only buy a new version if it is featured somehow in the (semi-legendary) upcoming live-action TV series, and had some cool play features, like the creative ways they jazzed up the Cloud Car.

Luke's T-16 loses 6-10.

I didn't vote in this poll myself, but I don't really need a T-16 myself. I have the 97 and I'm quite happy with it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.