Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy Luke's T-16 Skyhopper Vehicle?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case a re-release or a new mold of Luke's T-16 Skyhopper from ANH - or ROTJ SE).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy a new T-16 Skyhopper vehicle from ANH?

When you vote, I think you should specify if you'd like the 1997 ship re-released because you never got it, or if you'd like Hasbro to start over with a new mold.

So do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see support for this vehicle demonstrated by inclusion in The Clone Wars Annimated Series?

Previous ANH vehicle poll results were as follows:

YES - Rebel Blockade Runner (Tantive IV)
    YES - Lars Family Landspeeder
    YES - Dash Rendar's Outrider
    YES - Imperial Landing Craft
    NO - C-3PO's and R2-D2's Escape Pod
    YES - Super Jawa Sandcrawler
    ??? - Luke's T-16
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i would buy one, since i passed on the original.

I highly doubt we'd ever get a new mold on a ship that was never even clearly visible onscreen (you could only see it if you were already looking for it) except as a toy that Luke plays with. Hasbro would just rerelease the 1997 version which would be fine, it's all we really need. I don't actually own a T-16, but I don't think I would buy one for $25 since I have no use for it.

So, that's a no from me. I think it would be a great vehicle to rerelease because it's NOT a Jedi Starfighter; but I wouldn't buy it.

I wouldn't be against a re-release, but I'm happy with the one I got. I can't imagine them being able to do a better job on this ship even with it being out of date by 12+ years.

On second thought, however, It could be slimmed down. It's a little bulky, as it might have been made for those He-Man-esque figures.

That being said, I probably wouldn't buy a new one.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I don't know that an update is necessary, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to re-release the original version, since it's been unavailable for longer than many Clone Wars fans have been alive.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd pass.. we already have one from the old POTF days and I can't see Hasbro redoing this particular vehicle again since it has only a few seconds of screentime in the ROTJ SE.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I've already got the first one and I'm not too sure why. I would not buy a new one.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I can't really see a need for this one.The old one wasn't great, the bulky missle launcher on the bottom really detracted from the toy. So nope, don't want it and wouldn't buy it.

I didnt like the old one. If they did it better than yes I would buy it.
    Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy…