Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You Buy A Coruscant Taxi Cab?

I am continuing my poll series for new Hasbro 3 3/4" vehicles.

This thread will discuss primarily the vehicle in the title of the thread in this case A Coruscant Taxi Cab seen in the Special Edition of ROTJ. However, this vehicle is seen in all the prequel movies and would be best served by an AOTC Battlepack as I describe below, every contingency considered. But I used this and another vehicle from ROTJ: SE to continue polling for ROTJ vehicles just a little bit longer.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A Coruscant Taxi Cab.

Here's what I'd propose for this. It would almost have to be in a battlepack. There is a single vehicle with figure option (the alien driver, naturally) but I don't think Hasbro would market it that way.

Still, choose what you'd like:

TPM: the alien that's (NOT A BOTHAN) which is the same species as the Senator Mot Not Rob in a single vehicle with figure pack. The Taxi vehicle itself not doing anything but probably capable of standing 2 passengers in the back (or seating if the figures were SA with softgoods) and standing or sitting one more next to the driver

AOTC: the same vehicle in a battle pack with the older Dug and the driver of Teemto Pagales' species narrowly avoiding a collision with E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi (hopefully switched to the new SA one) hanging from Zam Wessel's assasin droid. I think the action scene would be the preferred way to market this vehicle, though I don't really need any more E2 Obi-Wan Kenobis or assasin droids.

There were no close-ups of a taxi in ROTS and it was actually seen from afar in ROTJ: SE. Like I said, I was just getting another vehicle polled for and letting ROTJ stay in the game a little longer.

So do you want the Coruscant Taxi Cab?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you want it to be offered (vehicle and figure or battlepack?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I consider this a prequel vehicle, even though the "Imperial City" (or Coruscant as it was later named) was originally conceived for Return of the Jedi. However it definitely has that prequel-ish feel to it.

No, I would not buy it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wasn't a similar vehicle featured in the last Clone Wars episode with the Duchess Satine? If I have the money I try to buy one of everything SW, so yes I'd buy this. As for the figure that comes with it, any alien character that hasn't been made yet.

I have no idea why but this suggestion semi-appeals to me. Might go well with the Naboo Royal starship at a Coruscant landing pad with all the associated figures from TPM. However it would not be a priority and could easily be something I pass on with more important things available.

Eh, it's not exciting and it's not an action oriented vehicle. I know the AOTC speeders weren't either but at least they were involved in an action scene. The taxi is about as boring as it gets, so I pass.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I understand why Tycho chose to list this as an ROTJ poll, but if it was ever made, it would be made for the Clone Wars line since it's heavily featured in that series (didn't the Mandalorian Dutchess narrowly escape assassination on one of these taxis in a recent episode?).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

They'll never do all-new figures. Maybe one is as much as we could hope for.

Figure A costs "x-much to tool up" and generates minimal profit, if any.

Vehicle A costs to tool-up again, so by selling more of figure A with it, they increase the pack's marketing appeal (i.e. - "Parents - look! You get Obi-Wan Kenobi with this!" - doesn't matter if they don't know their kid has 20 Obi-Wan figures already - or a person picking out a gift who just knows "the recipient likes Star Wars.) But all the while, it costs Hasbro the minimal to keep the old figure A in production since they don't have to tool up anything this time - besides the vehicle.

Thus is makes the vehicle pack have some profitability.

I wish this were a world where we got everything we want how we want it, but that's not the case.

In the best possible scenerio, Hasbro could make money on the assortment the taxi comes with by also including in the case another battlepak "The Adventures of Plo Koon and SaeSee Tiin and Prince Xizor's Evil Conspiracy to Clone Them." - and as long as I'm fantasizing, this would actually sell.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A pass for me as well. Just doesn't interest me enough to want one.

This would be a pass for me as easy as Dell. The vehicle is a prequil vehicle, which right there earns negative points (there's only been 3 I was interested in enough to buy). It's boring, and it wouldn't just peg warm: it would SHELF warm.

no, I wouldn't buy this, not even in other scales (AF, MM). Just not interesting enough. Maybe if there were a series of Coruscant Taxi Confessionals to help dramatize it, but lacking that, no.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars