Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You Buy Prince Xizor's Virago from Shadows of the Empire?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Prince Xizor's Virago).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Prince Xizor's Virago?

This ship (pictures below) could be made for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

The original intention was for Hasbro to make a Virago they'd desiged to be released with the Shadows of the Empire collection back in 1996.

I don't see this ship needing to do too much but fire maybe 4 plastic missiles for a play feature, and hold Xizor's and possibly Guri's figures with the cockpit arranged kind of like Jango's Slave-One.

The wings should close up for landings as shown in the one black and white photo, and maybe the firing guns should rotate around.

Note: to date, these EU ships have been polled for with the following results:

NO - Cade Skywalker's Mynock
    NO - Yuuzhan Vong Corral Skipper Fighter
    NO - Mara Skywalker's Jade Shadow
    NO - Lando Calrissian's Lady Luck
    YES - Imperial Skipray Blastboat
    YES - Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow

Also, a new and improved Outrider won as a vehicle from ANH (SE).

So do you want Prince Xizor's Virago made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Xizor is 150 years old or something like that. Black Sun and the Prince with his ship could feasibly fit into the Clone Wars series. He was around at this time. Do you want to see Xizor become involved with the show and have the cartoon add this ship?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180px-Virago_sote.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	22681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180px-Virago_schem.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	22682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Virago.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	22683  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yes I would buy this, maybe multiple times. It's probably my favorite EU ship design and is from a great EU source. At this point, I don't even cae about the paly features, just as long as it gets made.

As for your second question, I would love to see Xizor and his ship in the Clone Wars series. The Black Sun would be an excellent organization to add to the series. My only problem with this is the episodes appear to have changed from the Republic against the Seperatists to the Jedi verus the hot fanboy trend of the day.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Ziro has the Black Sun logo tattooed on his belly, so it's not too out of the question to see Xizor in the show, I suppose.

I know they planned this ship to be released in 1996, but now it might be several years too late. It's pretty interesting-looking, so I'd buy it if they made it, but again, I'm not clamoring for it.

I'd buy it, but I'd want it large enough to be able to fit Guri and Xixor. In fact, I think if it came with a Guri figure it would probably really help sales with collectors. I really don't see this being anything but an exclusive and I can't imagine many kids being interested in it. I would expect to pay $45-50 (especially with the Guri figure.)

Yes, definitely. Great design, one of my favorite Action Fleet molds too with its slide-forward cockpit access. It's a pretty simple toy design too, just a body, 2 rotation cannons, and 4 rotation wings, so it'd be quite possible.

The Kenner design from '96 is only a styrene mockup, there is no tooling to exploit there, it'd be more likely they'd start again from scratch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Absolutely! SOTE is my favorite EU source and Xizor as a major villain should have his fighter. A retooled Xizor with the ability to sit would have to be either included or available in some form to make this a viable release. If Xizor appears in the cartoon I would hope Hasbro would consider it.

Unfortunately I don't think Hasbro has this one in mind.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

While it's not my all time favorite, I loved SOTE and so I would probably buy one for old time's sake. Put me down as a yes.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Oh, I'd buy this thing in a heartbeat. It would have to have some kind of ratcheting joints for the wings--my Action Fleet Virago is a floppy mess after all these years.

If they can manage it without utterly destroying the awesomeness of the concept, then yeah, I'd buy it. Box space shouldn't be an issue, I'm sure the wings can snap on and the rest of the hull is pretty flat.

Like JT said, the Galoob version had a slide-out cockpit that was pretty fun. I think that'd be best to have on it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

While I have to admit that SOTE was one of the better EU outings, I just have no interest in this ship at all. So, no, I would not buy it. I just never really cared about Xizor's character.