Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No.

You really should just post all the podracers in a numbered list. This way we can say yay or nay all in one thread.

Here's the podracers that I would buy:

1. Anakin's Podracer - completely remade
    2. Sebulba's Podracer - completely remade
    3. Dud Bolt's Podracer

So, just count me as a "no" vote for any podracer that is not one of those three.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BigBarada, I want to also have a discussion thread about each podracer vehicle that might have merit (and no, not all 18).

Anakin's is a lead character's
    Sebulba's belongs to a "main" b-character nemesis
    Ody Mandrell's could shoot a pitdroid out in reverse
    Teemto Pagales' could throw the pod forward in a spin and have an engine explode

There are 4 more racers that actually did something in the film (besides race) that could be recreated with an action feature to sell a toy. (Remember folks: Hasbro is not in the prop replica business, else this should be discussed in a thread for "should Master Replicas make ...?") So the vehicle should be "toyetic" if possible.

I'm first polling for the pods that already have action figures made.

I'm also assuming that Anakin's and Sebulba's would see a re-release or an update before they sold "background character" podracers.

However, I'd entertain a vote for Anakin's and Sebulba's podracer vehicles if a majority here want that.

A podracer I'll likely poll for (later) is Dud Bolts, because at lease both BigBarada and myself want this one. It's cool looking as is Dud Bolt. He's also got an interesting backstory as Sebulba's paid assassin!

Ones I will probably not poll for are:

Wan Sandage
    Aldar Beedo
    Elan Mak
    Ark "Bumby" Roose
    Boles Rore
    Neva Kee
    Ebe Endocott*

* Although he has a cool looking pod, too - see picture below.

Now I would like the action figures for most of these that I won't be polling for, especially Wan Sandage and Aldar Beedo. But the rest of the guys will get a poll, as we can discuss what their vehicles will do as a toy for example.

THE PHANTOM MENACE has hit the bottom of the barrel for vehicle choices. I have found a few more that are not podracers and I think one will take its turn the next time TPM cycles through the poll circuit.

These choices are going to start getting really both limited and sad, so I think we should have as much fun discussing them as possible. The next poll will be AOTC anyway, so I think the next time TPM comes up will be in nearly 2 weeks, and for that one I won't do another podracer. But there are 9 more racers that could be polled for that I didn't exclude, but which do include Anakin's and Sebulba's - which I personally would rather not poll for. If any new pods come out, it would seem that the main characters' would merit re-release at the very least.

But I'll do what a majority here requests.

BigBarada wants to just poll all the podracers together. By doing so, I could garauntee I stop polling for TPM vehicles by the end of April. Your choice.

Here's the picture I promised:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	669px-Podracers-ics.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	22715  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

There's not much from TPM that I would even consider buying any more. However, aside from the podracers I listed, I would definitely consider a larger Naboo fighter; but only if it had actual vac-metalized chrome on the bottom half. If the current transforming Droid fighter was available in Ep1 colors I would also buy that to go along with the Naboo fighter.

After 11 years, I am getting a little nostalgic for some of the more iconic Episode 1 vehicles and characters.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

After 11 years, I am getting a little nostalgic for some of the more iconic Episode 1 vehicles and characters.
    I think that will eventually happen with all the prequel movies, though TPM wasn't even received well when it debuted.

I find ROTS to be the best prequel film for its passion and action sequences but Padme "just dying on her kids" is an unforgiveable writing mistake!

Anakin could have accidentally Force-thrown her into something that impales her. (This is a PG-13 movie that has Anakin himself dismembered and burned alive. Is impaling a pregnant woman so much further past the line?)

The impalement is not through her womb where Luke and Leia are still safe so long as their mother is alive.

When Obi-Wan removes Padme from whatever impaled her and blocked her from really bleeding out, she then suffers hemorraging and the twins must be removed immediately before she dies.

In ROTJ, Leia says she just remembers "...images really. She was very kind and beautiful, but sad." Well R2-D2 probably has plenty of images of Padme in his memory banks.

There you go: EVERYTHING (with regards to "the Padme issue") fits continuity between ROTS and ROTJ, and a principal character of the PT, Padme, is not demeaned by a senseless death of a broken heart. The movie would have been better than it was if Padme had a broken heart and died of an overdose of Prozac instead.

Ugggh! You got me started.

All this being said, I love the prequels anyway (it was new Star Wars for a while and answers to the backstory we always wanted visually realized) but I just pretend Padme dies for a good reason.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think that will eventually happen with all the prequel movies, though TPM wasn't even received well when it debuted.

I find ROTS to be the best prequel film for its passion and action sequences but Padme "just dying on her kids" is an unforgiveable writing mistake!

Anakin could have accidentally Force-thrown her into something that impales her. (This is a PG-13 movie that has Anakin himself dismembered and burned alive. Is impaling a pregnant woman so much further past the line?)

The impalement is not through her womb where Luke and Leia are still safe so long as their mother is alive.

When Obi-Wan removes Padme from whatever impaled her and blocked her from really bleeding out, she then suffers hemorraging and the twins must be removed immediately before she dies.

In ROTJ, Leia says she just remembers "...images really. She was very kind and beautiful, but sad." Well R2-D2 probably has plenty of images of Padme in his memory banks.

There you go: EVERYTHING (with regards to "the Padme issue") fits continuity between ROTS and ROTJ, and a principal character of the PT, Padme, is not demeaned by a senseless death of a broken heart. The movie would have been better than it was if Padme had a broken heart and died of an overdose of Prozac instead.

Ugggh! You got me started.

All this being said, I love the prequels anyway (it was new Star Wars for a while and answers to the backstory we always wanted visually realized) but I just pretend Padme dies for a good reason.
    I actually liked Ep1 when I first saw it and if you go back to some of my earlier posts in this forum, you'll see that I was one of that film's biggest defenders. I didn't start to lose faith in Lucas' moviemaking abilities until shortly after watching Ep2 on DVD.

So I don't see much nostalgia in my future for Ep2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

So I don't see much nostalgia in my future for Ep2 and 3.
    See there are a lot of scenes that worked for me:

the Arena Battle
    the Battle of Geonosis that started the Clone Wars
    the Dooku / Obi-Wan / Anakin / Yoda lightsaber battle

the opening space battle and scenes on The Invisible Hand
    the drama of Anakin being torn between Padme, Palpatine, and the Jedi Council
    the whole sequence done on Utopau with Obi-Wan versus General Grievous
    Order 66
    the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin
    the building of Darth Vader
    the delivery of the twins to their foster parents

The Battle of Kashyyyk should have been just a few scenes longer with some military strategy moments inserted just for gratuity (and toy sales).

Back in AOTC, the battles between Jango and Obi-Wan on Kamino and Anakin slaughtering the Tuskens could have both been extended.

In AOTC they also could have left almost all the deleted scenes in the picture. In fact, they should have been re-inserted for the DVD. And no, those were not action scenes, but they're the only non-action scenes I'd strongly vote for.

I played Ep 1 Racer on the N64 back in the day. It was a modestly fun game, and I got into the pods, but even my favorite - Neva Kee's - I wouldn't buy as a toy. They just offer no play value. The Micro Machines were a good size, you could reenact race moves, but even there it got boring fast because it's just a simplistic race. Full sized, only 2 can be played with at 1 time, and the matchups are all fairly boring outside of Anakin-Sebulba which already exists. There is no reason for these to be mass-produce as toys, they won't hold appeal to anybody outside a select portion of fans, and they just won't sell, and we all know it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are you going to consider Ben Quadrinaros' pod as a vehicle? I think, especially since he's so small himself, he'd be best served as a deluxe figure, just the pod, parachute, and Ben himself.

I can't effing believe that the third most important podracer in the scene that's practically central to TPM STILL has not been made in any form in ELEVEN YEARS!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Are you going to consider Ben Quadrinaros' pod as a vehicle? I think, especially since he's so small himself, he'd be best served as a deluxe figure, just the pod, parachute, and Ben himself.

I can't effing believe that the third most important podracer in the scene that's practically central to TPM STILL has not been made in any form in ELEVEN YEARS!
    Maybe it's because the people who want him can't even seem to remember the scene that well. (In other words, parachute? Whaaa?)
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'll offer that as an option in some later TPM poll. I have to think about my own suggestion for the action feature for a full-sized 3 3/4" version of his pod though. All 4 engines need to fly off in opposite directions.

While I'm not comparing myself to Mark Bradeaux, I haven't even thought of an amateur way of designing this one for myself. (I'm not really a Quadrinaros fan myself, but I'd gladly get the figure - he's funny looking.) The podracer could be cool nevertheless.

JediTricks, I agree with some of what you're saying about playability - especially with more than 2 racers at a time. However, the polls are just for fun (not at all scientific like how MadSlantedPowers tabulates his), and these polls are to discuss possibilities for the 3 3/4" line.

TPM only comes up once about every 2 weeks and I'm already going to take a break from podracers and poll a different vehicle from the film (in 2 weeks), then in about a month, we'll get back to another couple of podracer selections. And yup - I'll poll for a discussion of Ben Quadrinaros possibly around then.

Again, my podracer criteria from first-polled to last polled:

1) Does the racer have a pilot figure made and a possible action feature?
    2) Does the racer have a pilot figure made already?
    3) Does the racer have a potential action feature and a chance for a new figure?
    4) Is the racer just plain cool-looking and can offer a new pilot figure?

And as I stated earlier, these VEHICLES will probably never be polled for:

Wan Sandage
    Aldar Beedo
    Elan Mak
    Ark "Bumby" Roose
    Boles Rore
    Neva Kee
    Ebe Endocott*

I actually might want to try Ebe Endecott (personal preference for his podracer).

And I'd still love figures for most of these guys - but no racer, hence no poll. They're eligible in MSP's action figure polls and JT's survey threads.