Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy The Fireship From ROTS?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

I added the image below.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The Fireship From ROTS).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Fireship From ROTS?

This vehicle could easily be made (very likely under-scale) for the $24 starfighter assortment.

I think it only needs to fit one fireship pilot in some sort of front cockpit.

The really interesting thing you could make this toy do is squirt water!

Colored the same shade as the ship's main hull's plastic mold, you could have a soft push-pump on each of the 4 corners of the ship, and a plug to fill most of the ship with water at the read (capping off just like your common squirt gun).

The water cannons will be rotatable about 160 degrees at each position, so you can spray anywhere off each side of the fireship (but not across the ship itself).

Maybe add manual landing gear, and you're done.

If you want to price this a little hire, I'd allow a compartment for fireship troops in the main hull, with maybe a dropping deployment platform for them similar to the Republic Gunship. Then you can bring the firemen to put out the fire.

I think this one sounds like fun. Star Wars doesn't yet have "a firetruck."

Do you want the Fireship made?

How do you think this would sell if produced?

Should they use this vehicle more Clone Wars, helping it sell?

ROTS has previously had a bad turn-out when it came to vehicles winning all our votes to put them into production. Only Palpatine's shuttle (that went to Mustafar) and the Republic Star Destroyer (as exemplified by Admiral Yularen's command ship) have won thus far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire_ship.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	22745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	786px-Firespeeders.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	22746  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd vote No on this one... doesn't interst me enought to want one.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

No offense, Tycho, but I'm beginning to see sunlight through the bottom of the barrel here.

No i don't want it. following through on your suggestion and adding the fire-fighting abilities would certainly enhance playability for kids. but this thing still wouldn't sell.

It might have sold if it wa made the year the movie came out, but I can't see it selling now.

I wouldn't buy it.

Don't even remember it, and not interested enough to look it up. No.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No interest.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I will say this, they could re-use that Coruscant firefighter as a pack-in, and the water gun effect would be pretty cool. Come to think of it, that might even be cool on some of the regular ships.
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

Well, my Firespeeder Pilot needs a sweet ride, so yes. Teh squirt gun effect could be pretty cool, I can see kids getting a kick out of that one.

I updated my original post with a picture.

These are the ships that held the blaze in check while Anakin crashed The Invisible Hand.

It was OK because I bet one of the Separatists sold General Grievous an insurance plan.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.