Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy Teemto Pagales' Podracer Vehicle?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Teemto Pagales' Podracer Vehicle).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Teemto Pagales' Podracer?

This racer is one of the limited number of racers you see in The Phantom Menace actually involved in a higher level of action - besides the racing.

When a Tusken Raider shoots Teemto's podracer, the craft breaks up rather fatally.

Here is a chance for two action features on the toy: One engine could "explode" into several pieces, and the circular pod that Teemto rides in could be set to spin forward over the engines and roll to a spin out with Teemto aboard - or being ejected during the process.

Teemto's action figure is also already made (Saga 2002) so I think this was a good racer to poll for next.

TPM is nearly out of options and all the podracers will not be polled for - but there were certain ones that saw a higher level of involvement in the screen shots. Teemto's is one of them.

The vehicle would come out in the $24 starfighter assortment. It is assumed that Anakin's and Sebulba's podracers would see a re-release before more obscure characters' pods are released.

The battlepack option would doubtfully ever include more than 3 podracers, so an option you could support is Teemto's racer being included with Anakin's and Sebulba's - or at least one.

I'd pack two pods per ultimate battlepack, and split up Anakin's and Sebulba's so you have 2 separate sales in order to get both the principals - not to mention opportunities to do two more pods.

So do you want Teemto Pagales' Podracer Vehicle made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nope. No interest in pods.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Yes, I'd buy one.

The pod's seat would have to accomodate Teemto's tail somehow.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Now this one, I'd like. This was a pretty sweet pod, and one of the more important ones in the sequence.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No. The cockpit is not compelling, it's just a vertical donut. And the engines are pretty big on this one, they'd have to scale them down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nope. don't need any pods (cuz they wouldn't make them all)

I would have to pass on this one.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Thumbs up

Maybe. Depends on its execution. I like the Podrace sequence quite a bit, has tremendous "fun factor" and a great variety of aliens and pod designs.

IF they included some great play features and a great sculpt, along with a reissued Teemto, I think it would sell well enough to warrant producing other Pod Racer vehicles.